Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Lion Burgers!
    #17381354 -

Really?  http://www.change.org/petitions/usda-no-more-lion-burgers-ban-the-sale-of-lion-meat-3?utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=6878965
Quote:
USDA: No More Lion Burgers! Ban the Sale of Lion Meat
It's unbelievable that restaurants in the US are allowed to serve lion meat. It's almost impossible to find out where the meat comes from -- it could be imported, from animals in zoos or circuses, or from lions raised on farms in the Midwest -- the people who kill lions and sell them as meat aren't exactly forthcoming ... and they don't have to be because lion meat isn't really regulated by the government.  That's not only bad news for the animals, who could be raised and slaughtered in inhumane conditions, but also for people. The diets and drug use in lions aren't regulated for human consumption, which means lion meat could be dangerous to eat.

Over the summer, I started a petition when I heard about a restaurant in Kansas that was planning a dinner event with meat from lions and other exotic animals. That restaurant listened to us and took lion off the menu, but since then, I've heard of other restaurants in other parts of the country serving lion burgers. This shouldn't be legal.

Right now, the US Fish and Wildlife Department is considering adding lions to the endangered species list. These amazing animals are already considered endangered by several other countries. I've done volunteer work with African lions and recently visited a sanctuary for big cats in the U.S. These majestic animals deserve better than to wind up on someone's plate. They should be protected, not cooked and eaten!

Please join me in asking the USDA to ban the sale of lion meat.


... :wtf: is wrong with some people?... :stabbarney:  . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: vinsue]
    #17381427 -

unless they are endagoured i dont see the difference, meat is meat

though it could come inhumane sources, that'd be wrong, it could come from noninhumane sources, although im dubtful it is since the article says they're not being forthcoming

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: hidenseek]
    #17381454 -

lions are pretty.. we must protect them

pigs, cows, and chickens are ugly.. we must mass murder them for consumption!

strong logic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: kal3munchi3s]
    #17381469 -

Meh, they can ban it, I doubt I'll ever try it. If they try to ban alligator meat, then I'll have a problem. That stuff is good.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: kal3munchi3s]
    #17381478 -

Lol Yah meat is meat what's the problem? Also talking about inhumane slaughtering? Have you seen how chickens pigs and cows are treated lol? I think people are only butt hurt because its simba. Plain and simple.


--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: kal3munchi3s] * 1
    #19060938 -

LaFS said:
lions are pretty.. we must protect them

pigs, cows, and chickens are ugly.. we must mass murder them for consumption!

strong logic



ya but we uglied them

a bet if we bread lions for a couple thousand years in captivity, they wouldnt look so pretty either


--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: hidenseek1]
    #19060947 -

Love me some dog meat!


--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: GrimTroll] * 1
    #19060963 -

Lion burgers :ancientaliens:


--------------------
https://youtu.be/np5Oi1dyO1k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: Rewindicus]
    #19061100 -

Rewindicus said:
Lol Yah meat is meat what's the problem? Also talking about inhumane slaughtering? Have you seen how chickens pigs and cows are treated lol? I think people are only butt hurt because its simba. Plain and simple.



i got this far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: memes]
    #19061117 -

I like Bison Burgers/Steak :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19061346 -

First thing I'm doing after work tomorrow is looking and calling all around until I find somewhere I can get a lion burger at.


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #19061443 -

:likeaboss:



don't think I would eat it unless it was going to waste or something
have been trying to stay away from meat lately don't like to eat much of it


--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: watermelon mon]
    #19061519 -

Careful... Vinuse.

I have charged my, well not only my negative button, but my ban button too.

But epically funny...

Still..

Be careful.

Just saying.


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: Shroomslip]
    #19061646 -

LaFS said:
lions are pretty.. we must protect them

pigs, cows, and chickens are ugly.. we must mass murder them for consumption!

strong logic



Yeah seriously wtf is the big deal

Shroomslip said:
Meh, they can ban it, I doubt I'll ever try it. If they try to ban alligator meat, then I'll have a problem. That stuff is good.



Oh man alligator is some good shit for sure


--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lion Burgers! [Re: vinsue]
    #19061677 -

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Yay!!!

Cervantes is a tranny!

Take your complaints to the Bitch and Moan thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How is Bullfighting legal WTF its so inhumane
( 1 2 3 all )
Coaster 3,380 40 02/03/10 11:47 PM
by Prisoner#1
* in and out burger.
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,153 23 07/15/04 11:57 PM
by Adom
* Burger King bar debuts in Miami j0nnyb0y05 966 14 01/23/10 06:19 PM
by Chubba
* Inhuman Creation Station DoctorJ 603 4 04/26/06 07:09 PM
by PinballWizard
* Oversalted burger leads to charges
( 1 2 all )
Jack Albertson 2,595 27 09/10/07 05:37 AM
by shitfacedme
* Alleged marijuana in 2 cops burgers..
( 1 2 all )
Sporegasm 3,807 24 11/08/08 08:52 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Hamburger Fantastic! (my burger recipe) Army of None 578 2 05/05/08 06:39 PM
by Army of None
* barbecue Sauce and Burgers.
( 1 2 3 all )
Maverick 2,637 42 11/29/10 08:26 PM
by Maverick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,455 topic views. 6 members, 16 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.