Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
How toxic are HBWR seeds?
    #1877720 - 09/03/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It is know that Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds contain cyanogenic glycosides. So i was wondering how much of these can kill you? Personaly i would never do more than 10 although i've read about people that take 18-20. I know that most people only experience light stomach ache and nausea but is it possible for it to make you really realy sick on a small amount?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: Spokesman]
    #1877869 - 09/03/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not that toxic. Its not that dangerous at all. I have done HBWR 9-11 times and love it each time. I have done a 14 seed dose before but I wouldn't recommend higher than that.
You can not die on them... You just might get a empty feeling and sore legs for about 2 days as a hang over. You can not get really sick off a small amount of seeds.

No you will not get really really sick on the seeds. Just make sure you have high blood sugar and an empty stomach when you ingest them.

Safe tripping to fellow Woodrosers.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1878103 - 09/03/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was also wondering if the seeds can be stored after cleaning and crushing them, You know because i heard it takes long to get them therily cleaned and if im gowing to trip, it has to be straight out of work so i can trip with noone home for 6 hours, So can i clean them crush them and keep em in a zip-lock bag untill the next day???

--------------------

Divine state

#1878133 - 09/03/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would put them in 00 sized capsules (3.5 seeds). Just helps dosing.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1878140 - 09/03/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah but im going with just crushing and chewing them ,dont have anything to grind them with anyway. Can a zip-lock bag do them justice for a day??

--------------------

Divine state

#1878147 - 09/03/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just use a hammer and a zip-lock bag to grind them.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1878160 - 09/03/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah but will they stay fresh till the next day or is it necessary to consume them as soon as you crush them.???

--------------------

Divine state

#1878203 - 09/03/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would consume them after you crush them.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1878331 - 09/03/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think one of the things to be concerned about is LSA's vasoconstriction, at least with Morning Glories. I haven't experinced it with HBWR, but I know morning glories can constrict your blood vessels, restricting blood flow. Nothing to be too concerned about unless you do it often, or at very large amounts. I'm really wondering if there is a solution to this, like perhaps B vitamins to help blood circulation.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: Twirling]
    #1878388 - 09/03/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I take vitamin B complex daily. My plan so far is to clean and scrape 3 of them the day before and put them in a zip lock till the next day when i eat a light brakefast, fast the rest of the day untill 3:30 wthen crush them and down em wit some Lemon juice. Sounds like a good plan to me. I told my friend he could come over and download as much music and games as he wants while i lay back and trip. lol. Hes never tried any drugs exept alcohol but has no problem with me taking them, actually thinks im funny when im high so hes going to have a ball watching me trip. Im planning on during a little exercise before it kicks in to smoothen out the muscle cramps coming. Im also planing to watch the sunset, its supposed to be completely Sunny and cool out here so its going to be great. I've got DVDs and surround sound to enjoy, videogames, Music. What do you think?

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: Twirling]
    #1878400 - 09/03/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

..the tortuous chalk dust collects on my tounge thoughts follow my visions and dance in the sun all my vasoconstrictors come slowly undone can this wait till I'm old? can I live while I'm young.........

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #1878439 - 09/03/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man, you might not want to take them on a COMPLETELY empty stomach, you're more likely to get sick.  What I normally do is, I eat the seeds on an empty stomach, and then I eat just a little bit of food, just enough to have some mixed contents in your stomach, and not just the seeds.

A friend of mine took the seeds on a totally empty stomach and puked, but your milage may vary.  To make matters worse, since he had an empty stomach, he couldn't really puke much, cuz the seeds are so small, and he couldn't get them up.  He just felt horribly sick for like an hour.  That must have sucked for him, LoL

I also tried it once (I've done my fair share of HBWR trips... best stuf in the world for me) on an empty stomach, and I definitely was on the verge of puking.  I ate the seeds at my friends house, and within like 20-25 minutes I was feel extremely nautious... but I controlled it long enough to drive to a Burger King and buy a Whopper meal, so I didn't puke.

And then I went to Navy Pier (In Chicago) and had quite possibly the best time of my life.  Tripping on the ferris wheel was FUCKING sweet, not to mention to carousel swings, and a 3D glasses ride.  Man that was fucking awesome. :smile: 

--------------------

Edited by the free thinker (09/03/03 05:36 PM)

Divine state

Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #1878445 - 09/03/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Spokesman maybe you should take 5 seeds instead of 3.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1878577 - 09/03/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Why should he take more than three? It is his first time, and nobody knows how his body will react to them. I think he has the right to do whatever amount he wants. I would never tell a person to take more than what they have chosen, especially since he doesn?t know what to expect yet. Even if he chose to do one seed, which probably wouldn?t have much if any effects. Next time it would be his decision to do more if he wanted increased effects. You should never tell someone to adjust their dose unless they have chosen an amount that could be harmful.

This is one reason posting dosages in ODD is not allowed. People would post dosages that could be potentially dangerous or could end up causing the person to have too intense of an experience. Everybody has different sensitivities to different chemicals. A dose that works for one may be too little or too much for another. Telling someone how much they should take is just not a good idea.  :nonono:

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1878593 - 09/03/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah im thinking on taking four-five now, I am pretty big dont know if that matters. i was just being causios to make sure of the potency. But its going to be the only time where everyone in my house is going to be out for 6-7 hours so i want to enjoy it. I am not going to take them on a totally empty stomach im going to skip lunch and take them at 3pm and take a hit of weed on the pipe. Plus eat a light meal, Do chewing the seeds for like 10 minutes and then spitting them out instead of swallowing get rid of the nausea? Will it even make you trip???

--------------------

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? *DELETED* [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1878640 - 09/03/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1878659 - 09/03/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

does it highten blood pressure that much? This wouldnt be good.

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1878739 - 09/03/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
Wouldn't putting them in gelcaps just slow the absorption? Since your stomach would have to break down the gelcap before it can start with the seeds.

Yes, it could. But since most capsules break down very fast, I assume it wouldn't make very much difference. I used to eat shrooms in capsules after I couldn't take the flavor any more. Before that I would just swallow small chunks of mushroom, about the size of a capsule. I never noticed an increase in the time it took for them to come on, at least any increase that deserved mention or was noticeable. But, it is possible that because I swallowed chunks as compared to powder in capsules that the duration of onset was similar. The chunks took time to break down as did the capsules, and once the capsules were dissolved the powder allowed for quick absorption.

I am sure it would slow the onset some, but how much I can't say. I would think that since they are made to break down fast, it really wouldn't be noticeable. In the hostile environment of a human stomach I don't think those capsules could stand much of a chance past 5-10 minutes...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1878810 - 09/03/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

do HBWR seeds make your eyes dilated? or any other noticable appearance changes like bloodshot eyes or anything?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: How toxic are HBWR seeds? [Re: shwowsh]
    #1878846 - 09/03/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit. SO FUCKING DIALATED. Seriously, my eyes were big black holes when I'm tripping on those sweet, sweet, sweet seeds. It's actually sort of weird to look at them in the mirror when I'm tripping, they're simply enormous... there was no more color in my eye. I would estimate the diameter of my pupils while tripping to be around 1 centimeter.

I was looking in the mirror one time, staring into my huge black eyes with all the euphoria in the universe, just tripping out, seeing my reflection in my eyes. That was great fun... I need to get some more of those seeds.

--------------------

Edited by the free thinker (09/03/03 07:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale