Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Little boy gives birth to a snail
    #18716505 -

http://io9.com/tiny-sea-snail-grows-and-hatches-inside-little-boys-kn-1155610519

Quote:
The child's name is Paul Franklin. A few weeks back Paul was visiting the beach with his family when he tripped and dashed his right knee against a rock. His parents cleaned and bandaged the injury. A week later Paul fell again while iceskating, and again his parents dressed the wound. A day later the knee had swollen and Paul had developed a limp. He was hurried to a nearby hospital, where doctors prescribed him a course of antibiotics.

What happened next is recounted in greater details at The Orange County Register, but here's the play-by-play summary:

After a couple days, the would looked like it was getting better. But then it got way, way worse. The wound looked necrotic, and was badly swollen.
Doctors advised Paul's parents not to drain the wound by squeezing it.
When the wound started looking even nastier than it does at right in the side-by-side image pictured above, Paul's mom said to hell with doctor's orders and squeezed away.
Boom. Out pops a snail.
At first she thought it was a rock. But nope. It was a snail. A live snail that had been wriggling around in her son's knee since... well... the leading theory is that when Paul smacked his knee against a seaside rock, an egg must have been jammed into the flesh and just kind of... incubated. Nobody's really sure how or if that's possible, but according to the OC Register, Paul's mom is now "trying to find a marine biologist" who can tell her as much.



I'm never leaving my apartment again.
I can survive off :mushroom2:'s



--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 5
    #18716515 -

This thread didn't play out the way I imagined it would in my head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #18716518 -

Imagine if his dick hit that rock
:eek:


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 1
    #18716538 -

Shroomopotamus said:
http://io9.com/tiny-sea-snail-grows-and-hatches-inside-little-boys-kn-1155610519

Quote:
The child's name is Paul Franklin. A few weeks back Paul was visiting the beach with his family when he tripped and dashed his right knee against a rock. His parents cleaned and bandaged the injury. A week later Paul fell again while iceskating, and again his parents dressed the wound. A day later the knee had swollen and Paul had developed a limp. He was hurried to a nearby hospital, where doctors prescribed him a course of antibiotics.

What happened next is recounted in greater details at The Orange County Register, but here's the play-by-play summary:

After a couple days, the would looked like it was getting better. But then it got way, way worse. The wound looked necrotic, and was badly swollen.
Doctors advised Paul's parents not to drain the wound by squeezing it.
When the wound started looking even nastier than it does at right in the side-by-side image pictured above, Paul's mom said to hell with doctor's orders and squeezed away.
Boom. Out pops a snail.
At first she thought it was a rock. But nope. It was a snail. A live snail that had been wriggling around in her son's knee since... well... the leading theory is that when Paul smacked his knee against a seaside rock, an egg must have been jammed into the flesh and just kind of... incubated. Nobody's really sure how or if that's possible, but according to the OC Register, Paul's mom is now "trying to find a marine biologist" who can tell her as much.









--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #18716543 -

Twerk it for Jesus!! Nuts haha. Makes sense though. Seems legit enough I guess. Wish I could've seen everyone's face when that shit came out.

Edited by Le monster (08/16/13 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Le monster]
    #18716561 -

Le monster said:
Twerk it for Jesus!! Nuts haha. Makes sense though. Seems legit enough I guess. Wish I could've seen everyone's face when that shit came out.



Le monster said:
Twerk it for Jesus!! Nuts haha. Makes sense though. Seems legit enough I guess. Wish I could've seen everyone's face when that shit came out.



who the fuck are you
explain yourself
post naked pics
:whacker:


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #18735480 -

:waits:


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #18735502 -

I knew humans were evolving, but this? I did not expect


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Legend]
    #18735507 -

Legend said:
I knew humans were evolving, but this? I did not expect



wtf are you talking about evolution for, there has been many documented cases of animals hatching from the skin of humans.

:confucked:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Everlong] * 1
    #18735518 -

Woah now, do we really need to bring insurance into this?

I have cash.


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Everlong]
    #18735519 -

this shits haggard as fuck
:confucked:


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Legend]
    #18735529 -

Legend said:
Woah now, do we really need to bring insurance into this?

I have cash.



I never mentioned insurance, so I'm not sure wtf you are talking about

people have hatched spider babies from their skin before, nothing new

Hell, there was some crazy lady on some show who would cut herself open and stick earthworms in her skin. The doctors pulled them out alive.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Everlong]
    #18735535 -

Everlong said:
Hell, there was some crazy lady on some show who would cut herself open and stick earthworms in her skin. The doctors pulled them out alive.



I find that slightly to moderately peculiar.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Nifflerz]
    #18735552 -

Niffla said:
Everlong said:
Hell, there was some crazy lady on some show who would cut herself open and stick earthworms in her skin. The doctors pulled them out alive.



I find that slightly to moderately peculiar.





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Everlong]
    #18735560 -

Everlong said:
Niffla said:
Everlong said:
Hell, there was some crazy lady on some show who would cut herself open and stick earthworms in her skin. The doctors pulled them out alive.



I find that slightly to moderately peculiar.







:girlofdisapproval:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Everlong]
    #18735561 -

not pressing play


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #18735581 -

:lol:

I'm just kidding everlong don't be so serious.

Of course insects and what not have done that but snails?


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Legend]
    #18735590 -

Legend said:
:lol:

I'm just kidding everlong don't be so serious.

Of course insects and what not have done that but snails?



I'm super serious :superscream:

Honestly I'm surprised the human body wouldn't try and kill that shit when it first happens, I thought it's supposed to attack foreign cells.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Legend]
    #18735592 -

Legend said:
Woah now, do we really need to bring insurance into this?

I have cash.



:rofl2:


--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Little boy gives birth to a snail [Re: Everlong]
    #18735598 -

Seeing how a mother shares cells with he baby, I bet that boy shared his cells with the snail

But then again that's just crazy, I don't see how that would work. But i don't know the biology of snails


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Magic The Gathering Cards - Pogs and Marvel Cards suck
( 1 2 all )
tomk 4,270 22 05/29/05 11:57 PM
by mecreateme
* Devotees of Fla. man drank snail mucus in ritual weshroom 735 11 03/13/10 08:03 PM
by Cepheus
* Anyone familiar with aquatic snails? Konnrade 1,132 14 01/17/07 04:54 PM
by Konnrade
* snails PriitK 522 2 03/28/06 07:18 PM
by ivi
* help! goddamn snails are attacking
( 1 2 all )
shriek 2,299 23 07/16/04 12:07 PM
by shriek
* Marvel cards -- pogs suck
( 1 2 all )
newuser1492 2,622 23 07/20/05 01:09 PM
by DoctorJ
* Snails eat Carrots?!! kj912 755 9 05/13/09 09:50 PM
by kj912
* A Snail Question (riddle-esque) memes 544 1 01/22/08 10:33 PM
by Sell Your Soul

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,784 topic views. 4 members, 33 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.