Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Psy-Trance Fans...something new for you!
    #1850386 - 08/26/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so I stumbled upon an artist named Talpa.  He's from serbia, his music is mindblowingly good.  His debut album "The Art of Being None" is comming out in either September or October...I have a big feeling his debut album is going to cause major buzz in the psy-trance community.

His major influence is the great duo of Infected Mushroom.  He has taken their creativity and passion for in your face melodies and turned it into his very own style that doesn't rip off IM's but pay's respect to it in a brand new way.  Talpa's music is also more dance floor oriented than Infected's, which is a major plus!!!

Listen to his live set from Transplant 10.  It's fucking amazing!!!!  However the bit rate isn't amazing, it's only 80kbps, but it's still clear enough to pleasantly enjoy, I promise!!!! (right click and save as)

Talpa (Live) @ Transplant 10, Novemeber 2002

The sample is 40:36 long and it shows off 6 of Talpa's songs.  Here is a track listing (along with relative) times which the tracks start (but these are just guesstimates, I could have judged them wrong).

00:00 - Dragon Tale
07:20 - No Place To Hide
13:46 - My Kingdom
20:28 - Flybeereligion
27:32 - The Monster
33:39 - Apstract Cyber Child

Every song, except "Apstract Cyber Child" will appear on his debut album. The track list for his album, "The Art of Being None" is:

01. First Ray Of Light
02. My Kingdom
03. Trust No Goblin
04. No Place To Hide
05. Dragon Tale
06. Flybeereligion
07. The Moon
08. What You Know
09. The Monster
10. Back To Dreaming

Talpa told me (yes, he talked to me :smile: ) that 2 of the tracks will be downtempo (my guess is that those 2 tracks will be the first and last songs, but I could be wrong)...he said the rest of the album will be packed with lots of crazy full on madness, melodies, and weirdness all around.

I'm in heaven.  I just thought I'd help spread the word and inform you guys too!!!!!

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: Psy-Trance Fans...something new for you! [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1851776 - 08/26/03 04:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

404 :sad:

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Psy-Trance Fans...something new for you! [Re: MetaShroom]
    #1851896 - 08/26/03 05:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

really?...oh shit your right...that's weird.

Let me talk to Talpa and see if he can post a link to his transplant set....or maybe I'll get an FTP and upload it...do not worry I'll make it so!!!! :smile:

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Psy-Trance Fans...something new for you! [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1858912 - 08/28/03 02:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok here is an update:

Unfortunately I don't have a way to let you access the Live Transplant Set, BUT Talpa has just started constructing his site and parts of it are now up and running.  Go to http://www.talpa.info/ and click where it says "click to proceed" which should be in tiny yellow letters underneath the Talpa.Info graphic.  This will take you to the main page.  Click on the side bar option that says "Sound" and it will bring up samples of Talpa's music.

The tracks "Mandragor" and "Kalashari" are from a compilation called Vibraspirit 23, but the style those songs aren't the same style as his album (but they still are great) but you might wanna check out the 5 samples at the bottom which are from songs on his upcomming album.  They are extremely good.  I wish he had the other samples up and running because the other 5 songs that don't have samples are the ones from the transplant set and those kick serious ass too.  Oh anmd btw I was right...the first track and last track on his album are downtempo ones, just FYI.

If you dig his stuff, let him knwo by joining the forums there as well, it only takes 2 minutes and he visits and replies to us, pretty cool :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media