Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
found an iphone- sweet?
    #18089106 -

SO i was backpacking and i found an iphone on the side of a hill, this is right at the end of winter here, things sunken into the snow. I show my friend and he tells me to take it home, although it seems like theres no possible way this things going to work.

Anyways, take it home, put it in some rice, then try and charge it up and sure enough it works totally fine. Did some creeping and it was last used december 8th.. called someone on the recent contacts, said hed get back to me but never did.

Now what im wondering is can i take this in to a store and have it reset and use it? like wont they think ive stolen it?


--------------------
Am I really all the things that are outside of me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: lsderp]
    #18089110 -

No, every iPhone has an identification number and unless the person who lost it dropped off the planet, they're going to know it's not yours.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: JoieDeVivre] * 1
    #18089124 -

keep calling the contacts man...


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: Shins] * 4
    #18089175 -

Get it back to the person.

Losing your phone _S_U_C_K_S_.

They'll probably be overjoyed to get it back.

Meet at a restaurant and have them buy you lunch in return. It's a reasonable thank-you.  You might meet a great new friend that way.

Hell, maybe even your future spouse.

Also, wth is your avatar? I can't make any sense out of it.

Chicken :chicken:


--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Edited by ch1ck3n.s0up (04/10/13 10:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #18089189 -

lost december 8th, probly got a new phone for or after Christmas

assuming they arnt muslim or something

id still try calling all the contacts, and ask if they know whos phone this is


--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #18089193 -

You can sell it, people have ways around it. A friend of mine sold an iPhone he found on craigslist for $350, he waited about 3 months first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: VaeVictum]
    #18089201 -

:dumbass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: VaeVictum]
    #18089203 -

I doubt he'd be overjoyed to get it back, he's probably moved on by now lol.. Although I'd still try.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #18089263 -

I found an iPod touch this way one time. Scavenged it trying to find contact info, but couldn't. Thing was pretty much brand new. Ended up keeping it, still have it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: Magick]
    #18089453 -

It seems iPhones are always getting lost. I found one once, the dude texted and offered me 100 bucks if I returned it. There has to be away around it so you can use it again OP. search around the net.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: zZZz] * 4
    #18089500 -

zZZz said:
It seems iPhones are always getting lost. I found one once, the dude texted and offered me 100 bucks if I returned it. There has to be away around it so you can use it again OP. search around the net.



Or you could, you know, not be a complete asshole and return it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18089736 -

Return it. Whoever lost it obviously had to buy a new one. They should at least be able to have the option of reselling that iPhone and get some money back.

Is the phone still active? I'd find it odd if the number hasn't been deactivated.


--------------------
14:31

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: smack]
    #18089836 -

Are there pics for the contacts? It can be your own anonymous dating tool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18089847 -

pwnasaurus said:
zZZz said:
It seems iPhones are always getting lost. I found one once, the dude texted and offered me 100 bucks if I returned it. There has to be away around it so you can use it again OP. search around the net.



Or you could, you know, not be a complete asshole and return it.




i did return it. and i refused to accept the 100 dollars.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: zZZz]
    #18089949 -

A lot of retailers will be able to tell if the phone was marked as lost or stolen when you bring it into them. If it is marked as stolen, they will keep you around while they secretly call the cops on you. They will also keep it if is marked as lost.

How do I know about the stolen part? Buddy of mine had the great idea to buy an iphone on craigslist, when to go get it activated, next thing you know he was in handcuffs.


--------------------
Reborn - 6/08/13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: zZZz]
    #18090176 -

zZZz said:
pwnasaurus said:
zZZz said:
It seems iPhones are always getting lost. I found one once, the dude texted and offered me 100 bucks if I returned it. There has to be away around it so you can use it again OP. search around the net.



Or you could, you know, not be a complete asshole and return it.




i did return it. and i refused to accept the 100 dollars.



:congrats: Good job, sir.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #18090220 -

Shroomslip said:
I doubt he'd be overjoyed to get it back, he's probably moved on by now lol.. Although I'd still try.



Think of an iPhone as a very small laptop. There's probably stuff in there he would like to have back.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: koods]
    #18090280 -

dec 8 is my bday :awebig:

and that was my iphone you fuck!! my dad got me one for my birthday but said he lost it now give it back :kingcrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #18090380 -

yeah whether the guy has moved on or not, isnt it so cool when you find something like that, and it had all these old photos you forgot about, music, videos, and personal stuff that you thought you would never see again.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: found an iphone- sweet? [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #18090445 -

i found some old ass rando phone that had encrypted video's the wife's asian tits. i gave all sorts of calls and they responded like 5x times but never came to get it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who wants an iPhone?
( 1 2 3 all )
VoidOfsPg 4,081 43 01/18/07 01:49 PM
by boO
* Iphone release Phishe 846 10 02/22/07 08:36 PM
by geokills
* GD DVD's Infrared 1,321 11 01/12/04 05:59 PM
by kindkesey
* Anyone have the iphone? Any have to have applications HUBSonDUBS 491 2 11/27/07 01:15 AM
by boO
* Wow.... the iPhone Schwip 380 1 01/22/07 09:20 AM
by Schwip
* So... My car was stolen last night... UPDATE: IT HAS BEEN RECOVERED!
( 1 2 3 all )
drtyfrnk 4,947 59 09/25/08 05:09 PM
by Ganjika
* Discovery's Return to Earth
( 1 2 all )
THE KRAT BARON 1,166 32 08/09/05 09:19 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* Has anyone here ever stolen Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book" ivi 2,674 15 01/10/05 03:14 AM
by empnero

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,921 topic views. 3 members, 150 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.