Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Sunlight
    #1762292 - 07/30/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I found these shroomies in a recycle bin, and wonder what effect sunlight will have on the mycelia and potential shrooms. I was hoping that since they were outside growing semi-wild that some direct sunlight would keep molds at bay and not harm the shrooms, but it gets pretty damn hot here in Texas. So what think y'all? Thanks

--------------------
...or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: Sunlight [Re: eve69]
    #1762336 - 07/30/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

While growing, direct sunlight = bad.
Do you mean as a means of drying the harvested fruits?

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1762367 - 07/30/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Try to provide a little shade , especially during the hottest part of the day , between 11 am and 4 pm , keep those puppies moist to .
Good Luck 
ps do not dry outside in the sun , temps in excess of 95*F will break down the "vitamin" content of the mushie  :smirk: , is best to dry them in a cooler temp range , and they should not mold as long as you keep air moving across them .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (07/30/03 10:21 AM)

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Sunlight [Re: tripndicular]
    #1763973 - 07/30/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was born on Crowley's birthday.

Thanks for the insights. We'll just have to see what happens. I have them in most shade with an hour of direct hot sun.

--------------------
...or something

Invisibletripndicular

#1763987 - 07/30/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You won a prize ! You are the first to know Alisters writings , this fall PM me and I'll make arrangements to send you a print from Cousin IT's library ! Too hot to send them in mail right now .
Good Luck
"May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !"

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (07/30/03 08:36 PM)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1764305 - 07/30/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I found these shroomies in a recycle bin

you gotta be some lucky guy to find them growing in a recycle bin

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Sunlight [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1764335 - 07/30/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

luck, skill, or just plain foolish. been nibblin around some green mold. doesn't feel so bad. is green mold really bad for you? not like it matters since im getting old. gray hair. green mold gray hair gettin old the recycle bin was there. i like plants and so had to recycle my mycelia. i just couldn't throw it all away like that. that's not bad is it? except to cops and sheep herders. anyway, there's noone like a chef to trim off the bad shit and know what to keep. im probably gonna erase this drivel. thanks for the crowley heads up. i have his spoken word if you've got server space.

--------------------
...or something

Invisibletripndicular

#1764347 - 07/30/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

No need for spoken word ...... used to speak it but evolved beyond that . I just felt it applied to the forumn and its philosophy , so I made it my sig . Just the bablings of an old fool !
Catch ya on the flip .
PS I hope remarks about green mold and all were just that... "drivel" !
DO NOT eat them if you can not "posotively" identify them .

--------------------

Edited by tripndicular (07/30/03 09:48 PM)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1764377 - 07/30/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If they look like a Psilocybe mushroom and they turn blue when pick or touched them there is a good chance that they are Psilocybe msuhrooms because they have no known posison look alikes.That said I wouldn't still try to eat them.Take a spore print of them and if the spore print comes out dark purple to black then that is a good sign that they may be psilocybe mushroom aswell.Never eat an unknow mushroom

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/31/03 01:00 PM)

Invisibletripndicular

#1765755 - 07/31/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to dis you Monkey , but that ia a false statment .....
There are one or two other species that can and will bruise blue , and they are not safe to eat .
Someone with more exp with hunting and species please jump in , this is a serious matter and should be shared with all .........
NOT ALL MUSHIES THAT TURN BLUE ARE SAFE TO EAT .
I cannot remember exactally what and where I read or heard this , but I know I did .

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1765785 - 07/31/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hmmmm that's weird because I read that "there are no poisonous look alikes for Psilocybe Cubensis" I'll see if I can find a link but like you said tripn D don't eat unknown mushrooms.There are some mushrooms that even a pro mushroom hunter can't tell them apart by looking at them they have to look at the spores under a microscope to be able to tell them apart.If you want tripn D I can see if I can find out some more info?

ok I found the quote

Quote:

It is strongly recommended that for the first few hunts you go out with a friend who has hunted before and knows what they look like. While there are no poisonous mushrooms that look like the common Psilocybes, there are a whole bunch that certainly will not get you off, and while not lethal they might well be quite unpleasant. So be careful!

the topic is under "Warning" at this link

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=9182

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/31/03 11:24 AM)

Invisibletripndicular

#1765829 - 07/31/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I just did some resaerch in the hunters forum , very little in faqs , but I did get some responses . Look for a post by me titled BLUE BRUISES .
I am sure in time more responses will come in , I feel it is info worth spreading like a plague I hope the admins , and mods feel the same .
Trip n D

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1766009 - 07/31/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

>There are one or two other species that can and will bruise blue , and they are not safe to eat .

True, from the boletus family.

>NOT ALL MUSHIES THAT TURN BLUE ARE SAFE TO EAT .
True.

But as said before, they don?t look much like P. cubensis at all.

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: Sunlight [Re: Anno]
    #1766029 - 07/31/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

that was my point thx anno

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sunlight [Re: Anno]
    #1766031 - 07/31/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I have been learning that since the topic came up . Thank you ANNO . I went to "hunters" for help when could not find you .... is titled
"Bruises Blue " , informative to all who want to learn ......... :cool: 

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1766111 - 07/31/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I knew there was one or two other mushrooms that turned blue when bruised tripn D but they don't look like a psliocybe.so what I guess I was trying to say is that if they look like a psilocybe and the bruis blue when touched and spores are dark purple to black there is a good chance of them being psilocybe mushrooms but that being said I still would NEVER eat an unknown mushroom and I don't think anybody should!like you said trin d I don't think we can stress that enough

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1766306 - 07/31/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

tripn d here's a link to a death by magic mushrooms and if anybody else want to take a look at it aswell

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=10488

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Invisibletripndicular

#1766808 - 07/31/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cool , should post it in the hunters forum , along with the others that are starting to form . The admins, mods felt it a worthy enough thing to add it to the faqs overthere .

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1766877 - 07/31/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

did you read it all tripn d?how should I go about posting it?

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#1772290 - 08/02/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

UH, there was just some green mold in the substrate. Not sure if it is still there because I covered the grow box with peat moss. I watered it with light bleach calcium water and give it part sun. These were B+ strain and definitely psychoactive. The cow in the lot next door has eaten so many of them by now that they have no effect any longer on her. An udder waste nor for her to graze any longer, I'm sure. I find some interesting boletes in the park nearby sometimes. Audubon field guide says they're mostly edible. One had red/brown cap, yellow stem and bruised inky blue. Very interesting mushie. I posted a thread on it once here somewhere. Probably in ident section. Thanks all for replying.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck