Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Satanism.
    #17545231 -

How do you feel about it?

Satanism in the sense of living by free will with no restrictions, a belief in yourself and the progression of the self.

I think Crowley had the right idea, but his sexual addiction/ compulsion/drug addiction ruined it.
I'm liking Lavey better, but still have more research to do.


http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/_FAQ.html



--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: thoughts] * 2
    #17545235 -

I believe its a really good way to say fuck you to mommy and daddy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: thoughts]
    #17545236 -

The philosophy or religion? If the former, I haven't read enough about it to make the judgement. If you are talking about the religions - it's as legitimate as any other religion.


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: OZA]
    #17545241 -

The philosophy.
Not really as "legitimate" as other religions as there actually is no church..nor satan.:lol:


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: OZA]
    #17545248 -

So there are two types of Satanisim? I thought it had to do with worshiping the devil.

The type you speak of, I guess I can say I live by it myself. I'm not what you would call a rebel so to speak but I would say I live with no restrictions. My rents don't really mind what I do as long as I keep my shit together. I would say I keep a pretty good balance with drugs, reckless activities, and responsibility.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: thoughts]
    #17545251 -

iwasaClown said:
The philosophy.
Not really as "legitimate" as other religions as there actually is no church..nor satan.:lol:



Oh - but there's a god? This should be in PS&P anyway.


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: thoughts]
    #17545254 -

i don't really care enough about it to look into it enough to actually have an understanding of it.


--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: Mendicant Bias]
    #17545259 -

Mendicant Bias said:
I believe its a really good way to say fuck you to mommy and daddy.



My thoughts exactly.
It's main philosophy, as long as you don't call it Satanism, is kinda appealing to me, and is embedded in our animalistic nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: SurReality] * 1
    #17545261 -

Philosophical Satanism is basically the same concepts as Hedonism, but it uses the idea of Satan as a metaphor for human desire, or sin. Anyone interested in learning more about it should check out The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #17545271 -

I guess this wouldn't apply to me anymore, if there is a God involved. I believe in injustice and wrongful acts but not sin.

I also don't really have a desire to sin, maybe a thing for human desire, but that's human nature.

Edited by zee007 (01/14/13 01:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: zee007] * 1
    #17545283 -

Satanism as an ideology doesn't involve God. I meant what would be considered sin by organized religions is actually just human desire, and is completely natural. I think it's very masochistic to attempt to ignore or villainize  the temptations we all experience as humans and they should instead be embraced. I still feel like there's limits to this train of thought, but it's a much healthier way to think than to suppress peoples desires.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #17545285 -

To my knowledge there isn't such a thing as what would most stereotypical be though as satanism,
although as has been mentioned it does exist as a philosophy, a very sort of an eye for an eye type of thinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: Kilgore Trout] * 1
    #17545290 -

Repression of natural desire is so much more diabolical then hedonism.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: zee007]
    #17545294 -

i don't know much, except the people i have met who claim themselves as satanist are usually pretty far out of their minds most of the times. sober, they are responsive, but drunk or high.. :crazy2:

at least the one's i have met have been this way.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: Mendicant Bias]
    #17545305 -

I agree. I think you're implying that Satanism practices the repression of human desire, which if that's the case, is wrong. Organized religions are the ones who frown upon people living out their desires. To a devoutly religious person, life is about serving God. To a Satanist, life is about serving yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #17545309 -

Cannibal Concubine said:
Satanism as an ideology doesn't involve God. I meant what would be considered sin by organized religions is actually just human desire, and is completely natural. I think it's very masochistic to attempt to ignore or villainize  the temptations we all experience as humans and they should instead be embraced. I still feel like there's limits to this train of thought, but it's a much healthier way to think than to suppress peoples desires.



This.

I guess monogamy would be considered one of its limits. Just because of the way society has created marriage, and for those who argue otherwise because religion itself could almost be considered the same thing. Society's morals would be different compared to how your children view their parents, and again reproduction is part of the "no restrictions" rule I suppose, as it is part of human nature/desire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: zee007] * 2
    #17545387 -

for me its hard to see that side of the afterlife. personally, i feel "satan" lives on earth and is the hidden influence in your mind to do things you wouldnt normally do that are wrong.

having seen the other side, personally i find it very hard to believe that bad souls go to a different place. all energy unites and becomes one when you die


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: thoughts] * 4
    #17545492 -

iwasaClown said:
Satanism in the sense of living by free will with no restrictions, a belief in yourself and the progression of the self.




If that is what you're looking for, you could consider looking into humanism.

Now for your original question:
> How do you feel about it?
I think it's kind of pathetic to reject Christian religion and then just to show the world how badass you are the exact opposite of Christians do. If your spiritual identity consists of the antithesis of Christianity, how far have you actually progressed? And if you are of the atheist satanist persuasion and you reject the influence of any god on human life, why would you still call yourself a satanist? Why not dispose of all theist beliefs altogether, wipe the slate clean and start anew with discovering a philosophy, world view and set of norms?
In my opinion, many (most?) satanists have not thought about these issues deeply enough and are therefore stuck somewhere halfway between having rejected a Christian belief system and finding a proper, new belief system. They are stuck in the middle and any sane human being capable of rational thought will either dismiss satanism quite rapidly or at least grow out of it at some point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: koraks]
    #17545530 -

i don't think u understand what satanism is.


--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Satanism. [Re: SurReality]
    #17545533 -

Go ahead and enlighten me then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Satanism...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mescalean 4,299 78 04/25/12 11:38 PM
by Kaevar
* If Satan Did The Opposite Of What He's "supposed" To Do...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RanOutOfWeed 3,145 65 07/07/14 04:47 PM
by JesusIsLord
* Satanism
( 1 2 3 all )
TheHappieHippies 3,459 48 05/31/08 01:08 AM
by Konyap
* Just got accused of being a Satanist.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
MOTH 7,985 163 09/30/10 08:44 AM
by JacquesCousteau
* Satan made me do it! Ellis Dee 1,557 17 10/27/14 12:00 PM
by The Doobie Dude
* Any satanic or cult followers here?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Seriously_Spaced 8,132 159 03/05/13 08:53 PM
by SurReality
* Timothy leary = Satanist
( 1 2 all )
lethargic 2,965 23 09/27/09 05:54 PM
by stereolab
* How Satanic Are You?
( 1 2 all )
shroom100 1,880 33 02/03/15 03:29 PM
by King Klick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,555 topic views. 3 members, 39 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.