Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: BothHands]
    #13260115 - 09/28/10 04:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Read for yourself, I'm not gonna sit here and pick apart her beliefs.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13260178 - 09/28/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
In all honesty, I can completely understand a religious person freaking out after finding a statue of baphonet...

After all, in their eyes Paganism=Satanism.

Of all the idols you could have, baphomet would be the biggest one to set off alarm bells for Satanism.  After all, one of the central symbols in LaVeyan Satanism is the sigil of baphomet:

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13260185 - 09/28/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here's an interesting article i was reading recently on Hermeticism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeticism

want to see something cool?

Morpheus :laugh:

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineYacub
Psychedelic Redneck
Male User Gallery

Loc: NOLA Flag
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: Shins]
    #13260393 - 09/28/10 05:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

When people accuse of of being a satanist, may as well give them something to cumplain about. Play into their BS for lulz and report back to us.

InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: MOTH]
    #13260551 - 09/28/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
My brother started pelting me with questions, telling me that they've had some "paranormal activity" in the house, and was asking me why I brought in Satan worship because now their house is infested with shadow people.

Shadow people = serious meth abuse            :realbeavis:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #13260589 - 09/28/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

BothHands said:
Quote:

Chespirito said:
Quote:

blewmeanie said:
In light of all the crazy shit (from my perspective) that you've written about here and in your blog, maybe you should be a little bit more sensitive to your families beliefs. It seems awfully odd to me that you would call them crazy.

Yea for real.  Both her and her family members believe outlandish things with no basis for belief and they require no evidence to dogmatically hold those beliefs.  It's just one side holds more mainstream Christian beliefs

Did I miss something?

As far as I can tell, Moth is a grounded, down-to-Earth person.

Well she certainly seems nice, and I don't have any problem with her. She does however seem to harbor beliefs that just about anyone would find delusional.

I have a few strange beliefs and interests myself, so I try not to hate on people just for having a world view that contradicts my own.

The big difference between myself and my family is that I don't push my "beliefs" onto anyone, which is what my family has been doing to me since I was born and that is exactly what has always pissed me off about them. 

P.S. I don't "believe" in anything except energy, so do yourself a favor and stop ASSuming you know anything about what I believe.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #13260596 - 09/28/10 05:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That's what satan wants you to believe :crazy2:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinefeifen

#13260607 - 09/28/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
In light of all the crazy shit (from my perspective) that you've written about here and in your blog, maybe you should be a little bit more sensitive to your families beliefs. It seems awfully odd to me that you would call them crazy.

You sound like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Be more sensitive to crazy religious folk? You have obviously NOT met a crazy religious group of people. You should meet my parents. My ONLY charges are drug charges because they turned me into the police for having weed because they felt that weed is interrupting me from talking to god. LOL

Dad took my ounce of mids when I was a kid, called the police and had me charge and arrested and he told the cops I was probably dealing..

:facepalm:

all in the name of god.........

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13260624 - 09/28/10 05:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
So I lived with my super ultra-religious family for 6 months awhile back.  I moved to California and left a box of my stuff there in the closet of the room I inhabited.  Didn't think much of it; mom said she would put the box in the attic for me. 

Well, today I get calls from both my 24 year old brother and his wife and my mom.  My brother started pelting me with questions, telling me that they've had some "paranormal activity" in the house, and was asking me why I brought in Satan worship because now their house is infested with shadow people.  He was grilling me like he was a police officer, asking me all types of questions about if I worship the devil or not, if I was "involved in anything Satanic," because he found evidence that I was. 

My brother is a fucking idiot. 

So apparently, my fam went through the box upstairs and found my clay Baphomet statuette and now they believe I worship Satan and brought Satan into their house while I lived there.  Now they think I opened a portal to hell or something and brought in all types of spirits that are unlocking doors and knocking over soap in the bathroom.  I am incredibly pissed and disappointed in these stupid, ridiculous people. 

I told my brother to get his head checked and hung up the phone. 

But overall, I feel completely segregated from these fools.  I have managed to ostracize myself from most of the people I know over the past four months and now my own family is accusing me of wrong doing because of a clay statue.

It's too much, I tell ya.  It really is.

This is so absurd it's funny, to you and me, probably not as much for you because you're stuck living with it, but don't worry, you'll get to move out soon enough. I had crazy fundie parents too, but never so crazy as to suggest I tainted their good white home with "shadow people" (whatever that means, right?)

--------------------

wat man rly

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: feifen]
    #13260631 - 09/28/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

blewmeanie said:

Be more sensitive to crazy religious folk? You have obviously NOT met a crazy religious group of people. You should meet my parents. My ONLY charges are drug charges because they turned me into the police for having weed because they felt that weed is interrupting me from talking to god. LOL

Dad took my ounce of mids when I was a kid, called the police and had me charge and arrested and he told the cops I was probably dealing..

Seriously, Blewmeanie has no idea what he is talking about.  I don't shove my ideas about reality down anyone's throats, I only express and share them in the moment.  In fact I hardly ever discuss my more fantastical experiences and ideas now because I am pouring it all into a novel I am writing.  By contrast my parents have felt free to shove religion down my throat my entire life, even though it is obviously not palatable.  For example: my mom told me that if I didn't take my future-child to church, she was going to try and remove my parental rights.  She also told me that if she could prove I had ever smoked pot, I'd be out of the family. 

These are not reasonable people.  Maybe taking the Baphomet statue into their house wasn't a good idea, but considering that it was IN A BOX TAPPED SHUT of my stuff, I also wonder WTF they were doing going through stuff they knew was mine.  But whatever, I've learned that they can justify anything in the "name of religion."

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: twighead]
    #13260651 - 09/28/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Quote:

hidenseek said:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

:rofl:

True Christian™ Tips for Godly Christian Daddies of Chicken-footed Gay Boys Who Say "No" to Sports -

1.  The most effective way of getting a Nancy boy back in the game is to gently break one of the bones in his sissified body that he used while playing sports.  It is not an easy task.  Remember the story of Abraham if your faith is swaying!    God commanded Abraham to kill his son. Here, the Lord is only asking you to teach a loving lesson that will involve a painful setting and healing process. It is a tradition that has worked among Landover Baptist Church families here in Freehold, Iowa, for over one-hundred years. The grace and character of a loving father who is willing to sacrifice his son, is a meaningful and worthy Biblical tradition.  Acting upon this tradition will show your child how much he means to you, whether or not it makes complete sense to you while you are doing it. Grab your child firmly by whichever body part you intend to anoint and say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I offer up this bone as a sacrifice to the living testament and bond between myself and my son."  A short, quick impact to the forearm or shin with a heavy object like a large KJV 1611Bible or a household iron will usually do the trick.  Place his arm or shin over a hard surface and come down hard with one fell swoop.  Wait at least three hours before driving him to the hospital to have it set.  Let him cry and think about what Jesus just made you do.  When all is said and done, the broken bone should heal up by next football season and your boy will have learned his lesson.  In addition, you will have instilled a healthy fear in him.  You can now confidently say, "Are you afraid of me, you little sissy?!  Wait until you meet your Father in Heaven!  He'll give you something to be scared about!  It's called, Hell!  And that's where He'll send you if you don't honor your father and your mother!  Now give me some respect, boy!  Strip naked and give me a 100 push-ups, you limp-wristed pansy!"

Hahahahaha!
Are these people trollin'?

I fear not..

Holy Unholy Jesus Titty Fuck, That's CRAZY!

If my father broke my shins for Jesus I would probably kill him with ammonia and bleach in the night.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13260671 - 09/28/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

blewmeanie said:

Seriously, Blewmeanie has no idea what he is talking about.  I don't shove my ideas about reality down anyone's throats, I only express and share them in the moment.  In fact I hardly ever discuss my more fantastical experiences and ideas now because I am pouring it all into a novel I am writing.  By contrast my parents have felt free to shove religion down my throat my entire life, even though it is obviously not palatable.  For example: my mom told me that if I didn't take my future-child to church, she was going to try and remove my parental rights.  She also told me that if she could prove I had ever smoked pot, I'd be out of the family. 

These are not reasonable people.  Maybe taking the Baphomet statue into their house wasn't a good idea, but considering that it was IN A BOX TAPPED SHUT of my stuff, I also wonder WTF they were doing going through stuff they knew was mine.  But whatever, I've learned that they can justify anything in the "name of religion."

I would probably smoke pot, blow it in her face, tell her you'll be getting her younger siblings high, and never talk to her again. It's not worth it, find a friend of years such that you can become a member of another family. I forget whay psychologists call it, but I, for example, am essentially a member of my own family and that of my best friend. I am always welcome there, etc. I might even get with his sister and then we'd literally be family.

--------------------

wat man rly

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #13260680 - 09/28/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure you're right, you're clearly a pillar of mental health.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #13260693 - 09/28/10 06:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Moth is awesome don't be mean to her.

:ifyoucanawe:

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #13260707 - 09/28/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
I'm sure you're right, you're clearly a pillar of mental health.

I know Moth personally. She's a kind hearted, open minded individual who isn't afraid to follow her heart no matter what other people think. That's how you make your dreams come true. You come off as a judgmental asshole.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: Kada]
    #13260717 - 09/28/10 06:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Having a vagina doesn't exclude anyone from honesty in my book. You all coddle too much. I don't have a problem with Moth or anyone else.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #13260733 - 09/28/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:dumbass:

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: blujay]
    #13260756 - 09/28/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"Beware of the white t whom hides idols of Baphomet in your midst. Their presence shall attract those of the devil; of the shadow world" - John 3:16

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Silversoul]
    #13260771 - 09/28/10 06:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Just got accused of being a Satanist. [Re: dr_gonz]
    #13260801 - 09/28/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
as if these are so bad?

The Nine Satanic Statements

from The Satanic Bible, ©1969

by Anton Szandor LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

I didn't say it was bad, but since you brought it up, I do think that a good portion of these principles are bullshit.  LaVey's Satanism is essentially Ayn Rand's philosophy mixed with a little Dungeons and Dragons.  I don't much care for it, just as I don't much care for Ayn Rand.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds