Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17522743 -

Anonymous #11 said:
Anonymous #5 said:
I hate the cowards in this thread, #12 and #14 especially.

Lets make it the other way around, you can be the 12 year old Iraqi orphan, and we'll give them vastly superior technology and armour.

....You know, that stuff that you wouldn't be all macho without?

Lets see how you fare you fucking pussy. I don't understand how anyone can be into psychedelics and have no respect for life. fuck you.

We are on topic. This man is considering joining the military, and our advice is to not do it. That's not off topic. Stupid cunt.




Yes, I am very "macho" without my technology, though I'm not sure what that has to do with a 12 year old iraqi.

You have no clue what goes on overseas while deployed. Try being on a mission for 48+ hours with no sleep, little ammo/supply and injured in a wasteland trying to keep you and your friends alive while being attacked by religous fanatics high on khat and speed who do not possess any respect for life...yours, his or anyone's.

Then see how macho you feel you ignorant, naive prick.

You have no right to comment unless you have served (for whatever reason)


Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.

It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"

It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.

I didn't want to have to bear the brunt of combat/war anymore than you do...but I did. I wish the citizens of the US did more to prevent these wars so I didn't have to fight them, because I bear the brunt of war... not them.

So fuck you



:amusedapplause:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17522917 -

Anonymous #7 said:
But can you not see the wars in the middle east aren't fought to protect America?

One of the main reason troops are in Afghanistan is to stop the drug trade.
Iraq was an illegal war, completely unjustified.
There's illegal and unsanctioned drone attacks in Pakistan all the time, which kills a fuck load of 'suspected' terrorists, who are more often than not innocent.

Who wins in these wars?
Civilians are killed, others are turned into terrorists/freedom fighters depending on your point of view, because of how America has came in and shot up everyone.
Soldiers are killed, while not protecting anyone they care about back home.
The hate against the west is increased, increasing the likelihood of terrorist attacks.
A few potential terrorists are killed too, but if the government spent the money they do on the war on airport security and anti terrorism activities in the US they would be doing a lot more to protect the American people.

Who do these wars protect?

Not anyone in the US.

I respect the troops  because many of them have been misguided into believing they are protecting their country.

But OP don't become a part of this



I agree 100%, going 5000 miles overseas is not protecting me here at all, why should I be thankful for troops not really protecting me?

If they want to sign up and make a living being a soldier, good for them, but don't expect me to congratulate them for sacrificing their life to protect mine, because it's not true.

Edited by Anonymous (01/09/13 03:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17522971 -

Quote:
Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.




Why the fuck does that not matter? I had good intentions while I was killing those Iraqi/Afghan innocents. That makes it ok.

Quote:
It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"



Who are you defending? It's not like the US is being invaded by brown people.
The citizens of your home are at home, safe. You are not protecting them.

Quote:
It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.




You're right, remember that you are also a citizen, if no one signed up to fight in these illegal wars, then they could not happen. That's the only way to do it.
You're falling back on 'It was only orders', just like the pig arresting a harmless stoner.

The government doesn't listen. 36 million people around the world protested the Iraq war, but nothing happened. 1 million people gathered in London, and also in Barcelona. Nothing.

Take responsibility for your actions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17523052 -

Anonymous #7 said:
Quote:
Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.




Why the fuck does that not matter? I had good intentions while I was killing those Iraqi/Afghan innocents. That makes it ok.

Quote:
It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"



Who are you defending? It's not like the US is being invaded by brown people.
The citizens of your home are at home, safe. You are not protecting them.

Quote:
It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.




You're right, remember that you are also a citizen, if no one signed up to fight in these illegal wars, then they could not happen. That's the only way to do it.
You're falling back on 'It was only orders', just like the pig arresting a harmless stoner.

The government doesn't listen. 36 million people around the world protested the Iraq war, but nothing happened. 1 million people gathered in London, and also in Barcelona. Nothing.

Take responsibility for your actions.



Lol #7, I'd love to see you in real life and confirm that you're a huge pussy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #17523605 -

Anonymous #12 said:
Anonymous #7 said:
Quote:
Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.




Why the fuck does that not matter? I had good intentions while I was killing those Iraqi/Afghan innocents. That makes it ok.

Quote:
It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"



Who are you defending? It's not like the US is being invaded by brown people.
The citizens of your home are at home, safe. You are not protecting them.

Quote:
It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.




You're right, remember that you are also a citizen, if no one signed up to fight in these illegal wars, then they could not happen. That's the only way to do it.
You're falling back on 'It was only orders', just like the pig arresting a harmless stoner.

The government doesn't listen. 36 million people around the world protested the Iraq war, but nothing happened. 1 million people gathered in London, and also in Barcelona. Nothing.

Take responsibility for your actions.



Lol #7, I'd love to see you in real life and confirm that you're a huge pussy.



:lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17523818 -

Anonymous #7 said:
Quote:
Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.




Why the fuck does that not matter? I had good intentions while I was killing those Iraqi/Afghan innocents. That makes it ok.

Quote:
It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"



Who are you defending? It's not like the US is being invaded by brown people.
The citizens of your home are at home, safe. You are not protecting them.

Quote:
It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.




You're right, remember that you are also a citizen, if no one signed up to fight in these illegal wars, then they could not happen. That's the only way to do it.
You're falling back on 'It was only orders', just like the pig arresting a harmless stoner.

The government doesn't listen. 36 million people around the world protested the Iraq war, but nothing happened. 1 million people gathered in London, and also in Barcelona. Nothing.

Take responsibility for your actions.



You're so involved with your own ideas that you can't see things any other way. You don't care if what I say makes sense because you're not hearing me

Take responsibility? Okay. I take responsibility for doing my job, for putting up with BS from ignorant assholes like you, for agreeing to defend the people of the US, for being ready to fight when I am called on.

By your own reasoning, the people of the world are just as responsible because they sat by while the "government who wouldn't listen" declared "illegal wars" and did nothing effective to stop it. Just showing up somewhere and saying you're against something is the absolute least you could do.

" I sat by while and watched when the US government engaged in an illegal war and sent this man overseas to kill/be killed and did nothing.
Well, I did complain a little bit and criticized ex-servicemembers online about something I have no experience with, did nothing to stop and know nothing about"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17523963 -

Vietnam was the biggest war protest this country ever had, it divided the country on a large scale, people rallied in the streets and were beaten and arrested, yet it really did not matter as the war effort raged on in full force.

Try having a draft with today's generation, it would not workout at all, we have even a more informed youth than we did 40 years ago, and I don't think they would go along with it at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #17] * 1
    #17524207 -

To the OP...All that BS aside if you are thinking seriously of joining the Army realize this: It will change your life in a big way, good or bad.

Also, Imagine giving your boss complete control of your lifestyle.

You will meet the most amazing people...and the absolute worst.

Experience extended boredom and monotony...puncuated by peaks of extreme intensity.

It's a roll of the dice in which you wager your life. Hope you like to gamble!!!  :minigun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #16] * 1
    #17526182 -

Anonymous #16 said:
Anonymous #11 said:
Anonymous #5 said:
I hate the cowards in this thread, #12 and #14 especially.

Lets make it the other way around, you can be the 12 year old Iraqi orphan, and we'll give them vastly superior technology and armour.

....You know, that stuff that you wouldn't be all macho without?

Lets see how you fare you fucking pussy. I don't understand how anyone can be into psychedelics and have no respect for life. fuck you.

We are on topic. This man is considering joining the military, and our advice is to not do it. That's not off topic. Stupid cunt.




Yes, I am very "macho" without my technology, though I'm not sure what that has to do with a 12 year old iraqi.

You have no clue what goes on overseas while deployed. Try being on a mission for 48+ hours with no sleep, little ammo/supply and injured in a wasteland trying to keep you and your friends alive while being attacked by religous fanatics high on khat and speed who do not possess any respect for life...yours, his or anyone's.

Then see how macho you feel you ignorant, naive prick.

You have no right to comment unless you have served (for whatever reason)


Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.

It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"

It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.

I didn't want to have to bear the brunt of combat/war anymore than you do...but I did. I wish the citizens of the US did more to prevent these wars so I didn't have to fight them, because I bear the brunt of war... not them.

So fuck you







This is one of the nastiest piece of blind and dumb patriotism I've seen so far.
You are a perfect case for showing how awesome mind control works. You're almost a piece of psychological art, on one hand aware of that these wars are total bullshit, on the other hand justifying it with nothing but totally empty patriotic phrases.

Phrases like " blabla defend citizens freedom duty bear brunt of war" have one purpose: to brainwash people.

Get yourself into some university where they study psychology. You can teach them a lot how modern humans work. This would probably be the only possibility to use your pathetic illusions for something valuable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #17526451 -

Everyone chill at the end of the day does anyone believe that I would or wouldn't sign my life to  away to the military based on what someone has said on a message board. My whole purpose of this thread was to get some input from military members or anyone with an inside knowledge.


As for the naysayers not to be arrogant but you guys aren't saying anything I haven't heard/read before. I'm not saying I don't value the input but you guys are kind operating under the assumption that I'm living under a rock and know nothing about US Geopolitics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #17526657 -

Anonymous #1 said:
you guys are kind operating under the assumption that I'm living under a rock and know nothing about US Geopolitics.



You wouldn't think of joining the army if you actually were getting what happens in US Geopolitics.

The only circumstance this would be acceptable under, is regarding it as just a job that yields financial advantages. But you would have to be pretty cold to do so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #17526878 -

That's right, resort to immature insults because 'I fight with good intentions, I'm protecting my family who are thousands of miles away and in loads of danger from the terrorists' is possibly the most mindless piece of sheepery I've ever read.

Can you give me the email adress of the officer who trained you?
I'd love to congratulate him on his brainwashing skills.

You'd fit right in the army, or maybe you have served already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17526897 -

Anonymous #7 said:
officer who trained you?



:bathtub40lol:
You know nothing about the army. Officers interacting with enlisted? In your dreams. Officers are better than enlisted, atleast that's what they've been taught.  They don't train you because they're better than you. Other enlisted train you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17527033 -

So you don't deny the brainwashing?
And your reply is to correct me on a minor detail?


You're clutching at straws here.

Have you served on active duty #6?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17527435 -

This thread is just going around in circles

I've lost interest but thanks for the effort 

:peace:  :machinegun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17528392 -

for the love of god, PLEASE JOIN THE ARMY!!
THEN
rally ALL your army buddies and break away from the U.S.
THEN
massively attack our federal GOV't and reinstate our REAL constitution and reset the country how it is suppose to be for a couple hundred more years till we have to do this all over again...

if not then don't join the military. your just gonna be used to hurt the american people, even if its direct or indirect.

oh, and 25%(maby more now) of the U.S. military are non-citizen's from other country's trained by our military. They SERVE IN OUR military. they are there because they will have no problem rolling into the U.S. and attack U.S. citizens on our own soil when the Gov't thinks its time.


everybody else, keep your guns and ammo nearby!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17528649 -

Anonymous #7 said:
So you don't deny the brainwashing?
And your reply is to correct me on a minor detail?


You're clutching at straws here.

Have you served on active duty #6?



I wasn't arguing any of your points just pointing out you don't know the army. Yes i have served. And they do brain wash you. But not all the soldiers are brainwashed, some had no other choice. Like me at the time. You do what you gotta do. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17532435 -

This thread has turned into a tard vs tard fight. Ah the joy of having high schoolers around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #17532751 -

I knew this was a hot potatoe issue but it's just turned into a big debate which wasn't it's intended purpose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17533024 -

BTW to be eligible for OCS you have to pass AT LEAST a Secret clearance, but most brass will have a Top Secret (otherwise you'll be last to get promoted, passed over on career advancing training, etc.).

Do you want the DoD and FBI to review all your records (sealed/unsealed, even as a minor or expunged), legally binding government contracts under punishment of perjury, ALL your medical history.

They interview your friends, family, bosses, co-workers/peers, neighbors, ex-girlfriends and people you forgot you even knew. This is in addition to any references and names you agree to volunteer.

If you're squeeky clean or honest about minor infractions then it won't be a problem in most cases.



Have you been arrested? Bad credit? Drug use? Traveled internationally?

If you post on the shroomery...I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume you use/have used drugs at the very least. Maybe there were consequences...either way keep that in mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are you a scum bag?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,982 39 05/24/18 09:32 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,356 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.