Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17517795 -

Op link any good articles you find here!

Lol at the anti military fags.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #12] * 2
    #17517903 -

lol at the idiots willing to kill innocent people, or die for a country that doesn't care about them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17517927 -

Lol go back to your cubicle or parents' basement. You won't make it much further than that in life.


Lets keep this on topic please
:cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #17518353 -

I think this is a bullshit idea.

Becoming numb or otherwise physically handicapped isn't worth the fun of maybe getting to kill some people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17518495 -

I think I get what you're saying being a soldier and all that entails you loved but dealing with the inner military politics you hated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #17518508 -

At no point in this thread did I mention that I was looking to join up for killing people. As a matter of fact I explicitly stated that I wasn't some naive young kid that thinks the military would belikesome video game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #17518525 -

Anonymous #7 said:
lol at the idiots willing to kill innocent people, or die for a country that doesn't care about them.



Cry more libtard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17518536 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I think I get what you're saying being a soldier and all that entails you loved but dealing with the inner military politics you hated.



This. The army isn't hard. It was one of the easiest jobs i've ever had. But the stupid bureaucracy of it all was so annoying. Nothing like being told to do something then getting in trouble because someone else didn't want it done. And the pointless power struggles... Being deployed was great aside from being near death all the time. Garrison sucks balls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17519116 -

Look at it this way...our military makes up ten percent of our population...Now if you look at our presidents you will see that probably half of them have serviced in the military. Lesson you can learn here is that if you wanted to become the most powerful person on the planet for a few years your odds would go up disproportionately just by joining the military.

You might say that you don't care about becoming president of the united states. Thats fine with me because I consider it an unrealistic goal. Now look at what the military has to offer you.

20000 at least in cash for every year that you are in.
Plus 3600 dollars worth of medical insurance,
6000 worth of housing
decent retirement plans
2500 dollars worth of food,
15,000 dollars worth of future college tuition,
a chance to meet some of the most powerful contacts in the world,
a chance to see the world,
a chance to gain marketable skills,
an unfair advantage in getting a job in the civilian world when you get out

Where else can an 18 year old kid make that much money, learn so much, see so much, and prepare himself for life......absolutely nowhere is the correct answer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17519155 -

Anonymous #2 said:
15,000 dollars worth of future college tuition,
a chance to gain marketable skills,




The marketable skills depends on what you actually do in the army. And with the 9/11 gi bill, they'll actually pay more than that for college. They'll cover all costs of college.

The only thing is the price you might pay. All that knowledge and money ain't worth a damn if you're dead. And it's not just infantry that dies, I knew two officers that died from an IRAM attack.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=175_1309636208
I was there when that hit. Nearly died myself.

Edited by Anonymous (01/08/13 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17519184 -

they pay like 60000 so if they are paying 15000 per year thats 60000 over a standard 4 year hitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17519203 -

I'm disabled or i'd take a shot at the military......I bet you could find a billion people in the world that would jump at the chance to see the benefits that can be had from serving in the us military.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17519881 -

Anonymous #6 said:
Anonymous #2 said:
15,000 dollars worth of future college tuition,
a chance to gain marketable skills,




The marketable skills depends on what you actually do in the army. And with the 9/11 gi bill, they'll actually pay more than that for college. They'll cover all costs of college.

The only thing is the price you might pay. All that knowledge and money ain't worth a damn if you're dead. And it's not just infantry that dies, I knew two officers that died from an IRAM attack.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=175_1309636208
I was there when that hit. Nearly died myself.



That music they play in the link always gave me the creeps

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #17520828 -

I hate the cowards in this thread, #12 and #14 especially.

Lets make it the other way around, you can be the 12 year old Iraqi orphan, and we'll give them vastly superior technology and armour.

....You know, that stuff that you wouldn't be all macho without?

Lets see how you fare you fucking pussy. I don't understand how anyone can be into psychedelics and have no respect for life. fuck you.

We are on topic. This man is considering joining the military, and our advice is to not do it. That's not off topic. Stupid cunt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17521343 -

Anonymous #5 said:
I hate the cowards in this thread, #12 and #14 especially.

Lets make it the other way around, you can be the 12 year old Iraqi orphan, and we'll give them vastly superior technology and armour.

....You know, that stuff that you wouldn't be all macho without?

Lets see how you fare you fucking pussy. I don't understand how anyone can be into psychedelics and have no respect for life. fuck you.

We are on topic. This man is considering joining the military, and our advice is to not do it. That's not off topic. Stupid cunt.



:rofl: I'm not in the Military, I just have the utmost respect for those people that are, they give the greatest sacrifice.
Looks like you need to calm down, it's the internet and you can't take someone's opinion? Please, your ignorance and lack of intelligence is shining in that last post.
Take your psychedelic bullshit out of here, I have done my fair share and have an enormous respect for life, that's why I respect those who put theirs on the line for their country, not just America.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #17521391 -

Anonymous #12 said:
Anonymous #5 said:
I hate the cowards in this thread, #12 and #14 especially.

Lets make it the other way around, you can be the 12 year old Iraqi orphan, and we'll give them vastly superior technology and armour.

....You know, that stuff that you wouldn't be all macho without?

Lets see how you fare you fucking pussy. I don't understand how anyone can be into psychedelics and have no respect for life. fuck you.

We are on topic. This man is considering joining the military, and our advice is to not do it. That's not off topic. Stupid cunt.



:rofl: I'm not in the Military, I just have the utmost respect for those people that are, they give the greatest sacrifice.
Looks like you need to calm down, it's the internet and you can't take someone's opinion? Please, your ignorance and lack of intelligence is shining in that last post.
Take your psychedelic bullshit out of here, I have done my fair share and have an enormous respect for life, that's why I respect those who put theirs on the line for their country, not just America.



Well said anon 12

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #17521635 -

But can you not see the wars in the middle east aren't fought to protect America?

One of the main reason troops are in Afghanistan is to stop the drug trade.
Iraq was an illegal war, completely unjustified.
There's illegal and unsanctioned drone attacks in Pakistan all the time, which kills a fuck load of 'suspected' terrorists, who are more often than not innocent.

Who wins in these wars?
Civilians are killed, others are turned into terrorists/freedom fighters depending on your point of view, because of how America has came in and shot up everyone.
Soldiers are killed, while not protecting anyone they care about back home.
The hate against the west is increased, increasing the likelihood of terrorist attacks.
A few potential terrorists are killed too, but if the government spent the money they do on the war on airport security and anti terrorism activities in the US they would be doing a lot more to protect the American people.

Who do these wars protect?

Not anyone in the US.

I respect the troops  because many of them have been misguided into believing they are protecting their country.

But OP don't become a part of this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #17521689 -

So since you're not naive you should know that there could be something happening that will haunt you till the end of your days.

My best friends father has retired a few years ago, he's been a Captain and he randomly bursts out in tears over the shit he had to do and witness.
I somehow pity him, but on the other hand it's his own fault, he decided to do so.

Some cash and traveling isn't worth the chance of being mentally and/or physically fucked for life.

The story about "you can learn so much about life in the army, meet interesting people and shoot them" is pretty ridiculous. You can probably learn how fucked up our world can be.

Do some real traveling, get some real education and see that the army will just make you an idiot who knows nothing about the countries and people he met.
How could you learn anything valuable from the people you meet if they hate you for doing what you do:
being a meat robot for a country that gives a fuck about you.

I meet americans who joined the army on a regular basis because I live in an occupied country.
9 out of ten are ignorant aggressive idiots. People I wouldn't spend any time with.

This is a waste of lifetime, but yeah, one can brag about it because most people suffer from major illusions concerning the wars the USA have started.

At 31 you should be able to judge that the army isn't very good input if you want to become an interesting and loving person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17522349 -

Anonymous #2 said:
Look at it this way...our military makes up ten percent of our population...Now if you look at our presidents you will see that probably half of them have serviced in the military. Lesson you can learn here is that if you wanted to become the most powerful person on the planet for a few years your odds would go up disproportionately just by joining the military.




yes, joining the military will turn you into George Washington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm thinking of joining the Army [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17522622 -

Anonymous #5 said:
I hate the cowards in this thread, #12 and #14 especially.

Lets make it the other way around, you can be the 12 year old Iraqi orphan, and we'll give them vastly superior technology and armour.

....You know, that stuff that you wouldn't be all macho without?

Lets see how you fare you fucking pussy. I don't understand how anyone can be into psychedelics and have no respect for life. fuck you.

We are on topic. This man is considering joining the military, and our advice is to not do it. That's not off topic. Stupid cunt.




Yes, I am very "macho" without my technology, though I'm not sure what that has to do with a 12 year old iraqi.

You have no clue what goes on overseas while deployed. Try being on a mission for 48+ hours with no sleep, little ammo/supply and injured in a wasteland trying to keep you and your friends alive while being attacked by religous fanatics high on khat and speed who do not possess any respect for life...yours, his or anyone's.

Then see how macho you feel you ignorant, naive prick.

You have no right to comment unless you have served (for whatever reason)


Is the war a good war? a just war? why are we there and what are we doing? Are we helping?    None of that matters as a soldier, you sign up with good intentions in your heart knowing you may very well do things in the line of duty that you will regret or not agree with.

It's another way of saying to your people "i am here if you need me and I will defend the citizens of my home with my life"

It's up to citizens, communities, leaders, the people themselves to say hey this war is fucked up let's not do this. Vote, rally, petition fight, protest....anything.

I didn't want to have to bear the brunt of combat/war anymore than you do...but I did. I wish the citizens of the US did more to prevent these wars so I didn't have to fight them, because I bear the brunt of war... not them.

So fuck you

Edited by Anonymous (01/09/13 02:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are you a scum bag?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,982 39 05/24/18 09:32 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,356 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.