Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: bait_]
    #17335696 -

I was thinking about getting a used sony pcm-m10 and then attach then attach a cheap-ish mic to it for the time being. Hopefully I run into some money though for it. It's something I put on the back burner in my mind, but I've got things of higher priority to buy for now.


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: jammin]
    #17335717 -

nice man! -- keep that burner lit... (even if it's a low simmer) :wink:

i run a m-10 and it seems to be the 'standard' recorder today and works great.

shoot me a :pm: if you have any questions or anything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc] * 1
    #17335768 -

I much prefer seeing a band in a low-key bar setting or street preformers.  The whole spectacle and deification of artists seems obscene to me.

I sometimes enjoy shows, but they are definitely overrated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #17335999 -

Metal shows suck ass, I quit going to them completely unless it is GWAR, Macabre, Ghoul, or a good grindcore show in which case I count it with punk.
Punk shows are the cat's vagina. Great atmosphere, make friends, violent, but its a friendly, loving violence.
Other shows I go to are dubstep/dnb. Not much beats flailing with a fully altered mind with beautiful women all around and a total sensory overload.
Haven't gotten out to see some jazz yet but fully plan to soon.

All in all, nothing beats smaller music festivals that do not have corporate sponsors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Crypt Keeper]
    #17337509 -

jammin said:
I can't take someone who wears a bucket on their head serious as a musician... :shrug:



That's pretty fucking lame, because he is such a fucking talented musician.  He can play any genre and OWN it.


--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #17337568 -

Hate is a strong word but I generally dislike anything that centers around a big congregation of people.


--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Crypt Keeper]
    #17338407 -

Crypt Keeper said:
Metal shows suck ass, I quit going to them completely unless it is GWAR, Macabre, Ghoul, or a good grindcore show in which case I count it with punk.
Punk shows are the cat's vagina. Great atmosphere, make friends, violent, but its a friendly, loving violence.
Other shows I go to are dubstep/dnb. Not much beats flailing with a fully altered mind with beautiful women all around and a total sensory overload.
Haven't gotten out to see some jazz yet but fully plan to soon.

All in all, nothing beats smaller music festivals that do not have corporate sponsors.



I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: LySergic D]
    #17338884 -

LySergic D said:
Crypt Keeper said:
Metal shows suck ass, I quit going to them completely unless it is GWAR, Macabre, Ghoul, or a good grindcore show in which case I count it with punk.
Punk shows are the cat's vagina. Great atmosphere, make friends, violent, but its a friendly, loving violence.
Other shows I go to are dubstep/dnb. Not much beats flailing with a fully altered mind with beautiful women all around and a total sensory overload.
Haven't gotten out to see some jazz yet but fully plan to soon.

All in all, nothing beats smaller music festivals that do not have corporate sponsors.



I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.



How was In Flames? They were my band Junior year in high school.  Did they play old stuff?


--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #17338951 -

Music festivals is where its at.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: LySergic D]
    #17339990 -

LySergic D said:
I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.



All the bass shows up this way are 18+ maybe that's why there's such a difference. The scene isn't like how you describe here.
Metal shows suck ass because if you aren't moshing or headbanging like a neanderthal it is pointless.
Can't dance or smile or express yourself because the macho "tough guy" brootal twats get their panties in a bunch.
That said I do mosh if the band is good, but in a dancey-fuck-you way :p none of that karate kick bullshit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: LySergic D]
    #17340047 -

LySergic D said:
Crypt Keeper said:
Metal shows suck ass, I quit going to them completely unless it is GWAR, Macabre, Ghoul, or a good grindcore show in which case I count it with punk.
Punk shows are the cat's vagina. Great atmosphere, make friends, violent, but its a friendly, loving violence.
Other shows I go to are dubstep/dnb. Not much beats flailing with a fully altered mind with beautiful women all around and a total sensory overload.
Haven't gotten out to see some jazz yet but fully plan to soon.

All in all, nothing beats smaller music festivals that do not have corporate sponsors.



I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.





dubstep is still better than jam bands

and clearly u dont know shit about real dubstep shows, not just skrillex shows, which is exactly what u just described

typical jam band wook lol


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Bassfreak] * 1
    #17340116 -



:burke:


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: jammin]
    #17340214 -

I mean I love megadeth or any 80s metal bands but metal shows most of the time sucks, because metalheads are usually assholes. there are few chicks and they're usually fat and ugly


--------------------
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #17340521 -

Bassfreak said:
LySergic D said:
Crypt Keeper said:
Metal shows suck ass, I quit going to them completely unless it is GWAR, Macabre, Ghoul, or a good grindcore show in which case I count it with punk.
Punk shows are the cat's vagina. Great atmosphere, make friends, violent, but its a friendly, loving violence.
Other shows I go to are dubstep/dnb. Not much beats flailing with a fully altered mind with beautiful women all around and a total sensory overload.
Haven't gotten out to see some jazz yet but fully plan to soon.

All in all, nothing beats smaller music festivals that do not have corporate sponsors.



I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.





dubstep is still better than jam bands

and clearly u dont know shit about real dubstep shows, not just skrillex shows, which is exactly what u just described

typical jam band wook lol



You are a faggot and your post mean nothing to nobody.

Crypt Keeper said:
LySergic D said:
I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.



All the bass shows up this way are 18+ maybe that's why there's such a difference. The scene isn't like how you describe here.
Metal shows suck ass because if you aren't moshing or headbanging like a neanderthal it is pointless.
Can't dance or smile or express yourself because the macho "tough guy" brootal twats get their panties in a bunch.
That said I do mosh if the band is good, but in a dancey-fuck-you way :p none of that karate kick bullshit.



The electronic shows here are also 18+ for the most part. These little girls just get in somehow. :shrug:

sanchothestoner said:
LySergic D said:
Crypt Keeper said:
Metal shows suck ass, I quit going to them completely unless it is GWAR, Macabre, Ghoul, or a good grindcore show in which case I count it with punk.
Punk shows are the cat's vagina. Great atmosphere, make friends, violent, but its a friendly, loving violence.
Other shows I go to are dubstep/dnb. Not much beats flailing with a fully altered mind with beautiful women all around and a total sensory overload.
Haven't gotten out to see some jazz yet but fully plan to soon.

All in all, nothing beats smaller music festivals that do not have corporate sponsors.



I saw Lamb Of God and In Flames a couple nights ago and i had plenty of fun.
I HATE Dubstep shows with all my heart. Just a bunch of kids running around eating any powder the resembles MDMA. Also little 14 year old girls rubbing up on you like their trying to make a baby with you.

Shit's wack.



How was In Flames? They were my band Junior year in high school.  Did they play old stuff?



In Flames was fucking awesome. I think i liked their show more than Lamb Of God's.


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17340555 -

pfxtc said:
I've been to probably 20 concerts with big name bands and the last 2 or 3 I've just started hating them. the time and money wasted just astounds me to watch (usually) a bunch of old washed up dorks try to make a few more dollars. I have no interest in new music so that's besides the point, but the whole atmosphere of annoying fat drunk people screaming when some dumbass plays another scale that sounds like the same thing he just played. no concerts in 2013 for me, think I need a tolerance break.

just saw Megadeth btw. hated it. played maybe 3 well known songs and fucked them up horribly.



I don't really go to shows much anymore. They are just to far away and most of them cost a chunk of change that is out of my budget.
Primus has been about the only band I have seen many times in the last few years, and they are only getting better. Rush was good about 8 years ago as well as Iron Maiden and Dio, but that was about ten years ago. Hel Even Pink floyd was pretty good back in the 90's.

Wait what decade is this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: LySergic D]
    #17340709 -

hey lysergic. After recommending greensky bluegrass in your bluegrass thread a long time ago, I finally got to see them this weekend. They played a hell of a show. The china cat sunflower -> I know you ryder that they played was awesome.


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: jammin]
    #17340767 -

Haha hell yeah man. Greensky is the shit.
Who were they playing with? Umprey's Mcgee?

Now, id recommend checking out Mountain Sprout.


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: LySergic D]
    #17340898 -

nope, they played with Chicago Farmer at a small venue in St. Louis. I'll take up your recommendation for mountain sprout too, it sounds familiar. I'm seeing leftover salmon on the 28th and 29th, and then railroad earth in january.

cornmeal is playing a nye show here, but there's only so many concerts I can go to and I'd rather hang with my friends that night.


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Saca La]
    #17341555 -

moonrockmushy said:I sometimes enjoy shows, but they are definitely overrated.



Quote:
sanchothestoner said:
jammin said:
I can't take someone who wears a bucket on their head serious as a musician... :shrug:



That's pretty fucking lame, because he is such a fucking talented musician.  He can play any genre and OWN it.



Saca La said:
Music festivals is where its at.




all quoted for the truth of it.


--------------------
:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17341588 -

I like concerts but there is a lot of shit with them. Possibly shitty people, shitty ticketmaster, maybe a shitty seat and shitty prices, dem shitty, shitty prices. Oh well. Sometimes it's amazing. I like it though. It brings me joy why not.

Small venues are my favorite, like 100 or so people. If you can get a big name in a small venue that's pretty awesome. If you can get an unknown band or an up and coming one, and they kill it :thumbup: that's fucking great too.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Megadeth vs. Iron Maiden
( 1 2 3 all )
DrunkenAttempt 4,207 40 12/08/06 11:03 AM
by goobler
* Megadeth vs Metallica.
( 1 2 all )
potatos 2,751 35 07/25/10 01:13 AM
by Shins
* Concert Goers: Music vs. 'Scene'
( 1 2 3 all )
cortex 6,997 51 06/14/04 12:54 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Everyone seems to hate them but me
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 2,929 41 03/19/04 12:33 AM
by I_was_the_walrus
* I Just Bought 2 Floor Tix For Tiesto In Concert 40oz 802 8 06/17/05 05:45 AM
by 40oz
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,452 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2
* Jimi Hendrix Concert Found YouEnjoyMyself 1,194 4 09/18/04 08:10 PM
by Merkin
* whats the best concert youve been to ?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
SO0PA_HER0 6,559 85 07/06/05 12:13 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,792 topic views. 2 members, 103 guests and 87 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.