Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012
    #17196414 -
Log in to view attachment

Demonoid went down a while back so I'm having to use ISO Hunt & Pirate Bay but these CAN'T be the best trackers out there...

I'm really only interested in music downloads.

Anyone have a better spot to find torrents?

:goat:


--------------------
Play Clash of Clans? Join the Shroomery clan!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Warrior]
    #17196473 -

torrentz.eu
thepiratebay.se


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Mafeki]
    #17196535 -

Between The Priate Bay, Soundcloud and Youtube I have no hard time finding even obscure rare music to download.

PM me for a web based Soundcloud and Youtube downloader if interested.

There is also Kick Ass Torrents in my bookmarks, though I never had to use it. Never had a private site, aside from the old Demonoid (RIP) but I never needed to be on one with the aforementioned.


--------------------
A million tomorrows and a million yesterdays but mine is today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Cybernetic]
    #17196543 -

There's a few vinyls I can't find anywhere online.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Mafeki]
    #17196554 -

Kickass Torrents is my #1 but occasionally I have to go to TPB to find something obscure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17196559 -

Torrentday, although private, is the best for recent TV/video, without a doubt. I really miss Demonoid for the obscure stuff, though.


--------------------
In their daily life, all are braver than they know...
-Henry David Thoreau

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Warrior]
    #17196587 -

torrentz.eu is the best available public tracker on the internet. it indexes all torrent sites and collates the information. if you go directly to just TPB, IsoHunt, kat.ph , etc, all you'll get is just that particular engines results. torrentz.eu will search all sites in one go. its the best site to go to. i saw some statistic thing somewhere that said regular sites have a catalogue of a bout 30-50k torrents, torrentz.eu has a catalogue of about 4.5 million..... keep in mind, most of those will be duplicates from multiple trackers, but still, if your going to find it on public torrent sites, 90% of the time it will be on torrentz.eu


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17196589 -

isohunt.com is very good.


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17196600 -

Soulidarity said:
torrentz.eu is the best available public tracker on the internet. it indexes all torrent sites and collates the information. if you go directly to just TPB, IsoHunt, kat.ph , etc, all you'll get is just that particular engines results. torrentz.eu will search all sites in one go. its the best site to go to. i saw some statistic thing somewhere that said regular sites have a catalogue of a bout 30-50k torrents, torrentz.eu has a catalogue of about 4.5 million..... keep in mind, most of those will be duplicates from multiple trackers, but still, if your going to find it on public torrent sites, 90% of the time it will be on torrentz.eu




I agree. It's the site I go to when I can't find what I'm looking for on torrentday, but it's not a tracker, its just a meta-search engine.


--------------------
In their daily life, all are braver than they know...
-Henry David Thoreau

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: blueIdevil]
    #17196611 -

Google's pretty good also.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: OZA]
    #17196667 -

Ilovetorrents.me,torrentleech,iptorrents,what.cd,etc.


--------------------
Almond Flour said:
Thats right. I take it up the ass on a daily. It feels great to finally let this out :gay:

How to use PGP encryption
The Stoner's Cookbook

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Warrior]
    #17196690 -

Do you put the music on an MP3 player? If so, which brand/model do you use?

I've been meaning to get myself some music but I only have an iPod and I don't think it's physically possible to add pirated music to an iPod without messing with software and stuff. Then again I know nothing about the subject.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Synthe]
    #17196709 -

nah dude you can totally add pirated music to your ipod.


some ipods can get a new firmware installed on it called Rockbox, which makes the sound better and allows different file types to be loaded onto the ipod. i.e. , at the moment, "FLAC" (flawless lossless audio codec) , aka high quality recordings, aren't able to be put on the ipod directly. you have to convert FLAC into "ALAC" (apple lossless audio codec) and then transfer it onto the ipod. but if you flash your ipod with the Rockbox firmware, you can just add FLAC directly into the ipod.



but pirated songs 100% work on the ipod, it just has to be of the right file format is all.


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Edited by Soulidarity (08/15/15 10:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Mafeki]
    #17196722 -

Mafeki said:
There's a few vinyls I can't find anywhere online.



Are you trying to buy them or download them?
Downloading them defeats the point.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17196732 -

firefox add-ons can download youtubes

IPtorrents is :awetongue:

torrenting for packs is the worse of the internet.. 500gb torrents in a day =  :1upshroom:


--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: pfxtc]
    #17196734 -

pfxtc said:
Mafeki said:
There's a few vinyls I can't find anywhere online.



Are you trying to buy them or download them?
Downloading them defeats the point.



doesn't matter, I don't find them to download and that's what I want there's no digital version.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Synthe]
    #17196745 -

Synthe said:
Do you put the music on an MP3 player? If so, which brand/model do you use?

I've been meaning to get myself some music but I only have an iPod and I don't think it's physically possible to add pirated music to an iPod without messing with software and stuff. Then again I know nothing about the subject.



I play downloaded music on my Iphone all the time.

All you have to do is:

  • Download music

  • Open Itunes

  • Hit File and scroll down to "Add folder to library" or "Add file to library"

  • Browse for the correct file/folder and hit select


At that point the file/folder will be in your Itunes library. From there you can transfer it to Ipod, Iphone, ect.


--------------------
Play Clash of Clans? Join the Shroomery clan!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: the human abstract]
    #17196756 -

for private trackers....


the best music trackers are What.CD and Waffles

the best movie tracker is PassThePopcorn

the best gaming tracker is BitGamer

the best general tracker's are IPtorrents and BTN

the best HD tracker and the most ellusive and highly regarded private torrent site on the internet is HDbits . it's almost impossible to join, i'm still trying :feelssadman:.


but HDBits and What.CD are pretty much the upper echelon websites that most content starts at and then filters down throughout the internet. especially HDBits. they have tonnes of teams of internal rippers who are renowned for creating the highest quality HD rips


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: the human abstract]
    #17196927 -

Ideally, I'd like to get on another private tracker.

In the mean time, I went with a Firefox add-on suggested by the human abstract to download mp3s from YouTube.

It's a little buggy since you have to wait 20 seconds to download the file but, overall, I kind of like it. By going this route I can preview each song before downloading. With Demonoid I'd download an entire CD or discography at a time without the option to preview the file first.


  • Navigate to YouTube and find the song you'd like to download




    • Click "Convert Now" just above the video player

    • It'll automatically open a new tab and make you wait for 20 seconds




    • Click "Click Here to Download Your Converted File"


    Simple as that

    :goat:


  • --------------------
    Play Clash of Clans? Join the Shroomery clan!

    Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Re: Best Torrent Sites as of Winter 2012 [Re: Synthe]
        #17196965 -

    You don't have to mess with the software to get music on an ipod. You just can't use iTunes. The only one I know that works is Foobar. Free and it supports ipods. Check out Foobars component page for ipod supported add-ons. I don't remember if my ipod is already supported by foobar or if I tweaked it. 

    And the best thing about foobar is the ability to view your ipods music files, add and delete files at will: no automated syncing.

    PM if you are interested and need more guidance on how to set up an ipod with foobar.


    --------------------
    A million tomorrows and a million yesterdays but mine is today

    Edited by Cybernetic (11/10/12 06:35 PM)

    Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


    Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
    * Torrent Sites... TheDudeAbides 3,413 15 09/24/05 05:40 PM
    by Drink_Punk_Soda
    * Just got an ipod...need good music n comedy torrent sites DeadPhan 1,098 7 11/18/05 10:49 AM
    by baraka
    * good torrent sites? DeadPhan 1,328 16 04/14/05 09:36 PM
    by oysterguy63
    * Torrent sites. TheMightyThor 1,460 14 05/31/05 02:29 AM
    by Krishna
    * Music videos torrent sites Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 647 1 09/22/05 10:08 PM
    by Vvellum
    * Peter Jennings Reporting: Ecstacy Rising - 2004 - 316 MB [.torrent]
    ( 1 2 3 all )
    Vvellum 7,735 51 09/03/05 10:19 AM
    by LysergicRide
    * some sites for free movie downloads Darkempire 2,283 19 03/09/18 09:07 PM
    by Middleman
    * good sites to download old music for FREE Darkempire 617 3 06/02/05 07:58 AM
    by OJK

    Extra information
    You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
    HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
    Moderator: Entire Staff
    4,068 topic views. 2 members, 18 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
    [ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
    Search this thread:

    Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

    Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.