Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Kava?
    #17143643 -

I'm interested in using kava, I have a few questions first though, where do they sell it? Can it be found at a family fare or Walgreens? How much does it run you? I'm interested in the capsules, but how can I be sure that's what I'm getting with the supplements being unregulated? How much is needed for an effective dose?

Thanks in advance!:cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: BotanicalEvolution]
    #17143675 -

I've used kava and bought the "best" stuff on the market and used traditional and not so traditional methods. Never felt a thing. I have weird tolerance issues though, alcohol doesn't get me drunk either.

You'd be best off shopping online (use Google, ask around here, you'll get some good links). For finding it in town maybe check out headshops, liquor stores, and health food stores. They'll be overpriced and shitty quality though.

From the extensive research I've done, the capsules and tinctures are a scam and waste of money (although I think kava kava is useless, but I read a lot about it). If you wanna "do it right", you have to basically buy the powder. You take the powder (do some more research on this) and wrap it in a terry or cheesecloth. A couple grams would do. You tie this tight, put it in a big mixing bowl full of clean water. Wash your hands, than you manipulate the kava-ball (in cheesecloth) and basically turn your water into muddy kava kava drink. This is the "traditional" method and the best from what I've heard. I got nothing other than a upset stomach and numb face. I'd give it a try though, maybe your body will like it.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17143691 -

Makes me feel weird. Like walking in a dream. But faintly.

And yeah that numb face.

I think I will make some tonight.

Kava partychillsesh.!


--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17143707 -

Interesting, are you sure the powder is the best option? I'm thinking about ordering the roots themselves online but I'm worried that it will do nothing if
not placebo, with an upset stomach.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: BotanicalEvolution]
    #17143719 -

Its worth a try or 3. Kava can have a weird reverse tolerance and the brew isn't very tasty. But can add to a pleasant evening chilling with some friends..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: RedSnapper]
    #17143731 -

That's really all I want out of it, just a chill evening with a book.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: BotanicalEvolution]
    #17143735 -

BotanicalEvolution said:
Interesting, are you sure the powder is the best option? I'm thinking about ordering the roots themselves online but I'm worried that it will do nothing if
not placebo, with an upset stomach.



i've heard powders the best
i've also heard the root is toxic to the kidneys or liver, maybe i'm thinking of something else, because i tihnk the powder is just the "safe part" of the root grounded up.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (11/01/12 05:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17143767 -

The roots are safe, its the above-ground parts of the plant that can lead to liver dammage..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: BotanicalEvolution]
    #17143815 -

I enjoy it, it hits me at different times.  Sometimes I won't really notice it too much except for numb lips, sometimes it will literally lead to me passing the fuck out within 30 minutes.  Definitely worth trying, I'm a believer.  Get powdered root 4 sure.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kava? [Re: RedSnapper]
    #17143818 -

Yeah, I just read that it's only harmful to the liver when the stems are used.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* kava quest Todcasil 893 14 04/27/05 09:02 AM
by Krishna
* kava
( 1 2 all )
Infrared 2,553 20 10/29/04 07:53 PM
by AlmaTron
* interesting people? *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
0toxic0 2,973 28 10/09/03 08:32 PM
by ceephax
* Interested in a party light? kooky_krackhead 1,135 4 11/20/02 11:19 AM
by Shroomism
* interest tests... mez 651 3 08/01/03 12:20 PM
by mez
* Squating -- http://squattheplanet.com -- interesting site. C20H25N3O 905 2 04/28/04 07:11 PM
by C20H25N3O
* An interesting site... Krishna 417 0 11/16/04 07:46 PM
by Krishna
* RPG - Legend of the green dragon, interested?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 all )
Fliquid 20,178 247 08/08/05 11:24 PM
by PuZuZu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
589 topic views. 4 members, 21 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.