Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: g00ru]
    #17080908 -

ghooru said:
BeefheartisBetter said:
lar20 said:
I absolutely love graffiti. In my opinion it's some of the best art in the world



^^^^

It's hard to find art where money isn't a motive, and that's what makes graffiti
so great in my opinion.



actually some graffiti artists make bank as muralists, and make their name thru illegally tagging.  its pretty much like anything else, all art has some sort of street-spirit to it but graffiti is just very closely tied with the streets.  and yeah usually graffiti artists dont expect to get paid from that




I have two masks that were made by a local artist here in Portland. I
I see his stuff on walls a lot. Mostly now he gets paid to do it like you say. The only art I have spent what I consider to be a lot of money on.

Still love them. His name is Klutch. here is his site.

The masks I bought from him are made from skateboards. Its a style of
form line art.



--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Edited by Ganzig (10/22/12 06:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: i like cow poo]
    #17081017 -

There was this dude in a small town south of me who got caught tagging a historical building... (Kind of. It was old, and old ass bank, turned into a modern one, but they kept the exterior the same) And they told him, "Paint something beautiful about this town, or we'll call the cops for the graffiti you put on there."

Guy made an awesome mural of the town in the early 1800's and got put in teh newspaper. Was pretty cool.


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: DarkElf]
    #17081054 -

Ha! Rad story.


--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: g00ru]
    #17081495 -

ghooru said:
I did it on a busy street, a cop car even went by me lol.  I tagged an alien face on five concrete pillars in a row the first time I went out and graffiti'd  :aliendance:



Do you still do it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: imachavel]
    #17081673 -

imachavel said:
ghooru said:
I did it on a busy street, a cop car even went by me lol.  I tagged an alien face on five concrete pillars in a row the first time I went out and graffiti'd  :aliendance:



what is your crews tag? I knew a few down here, dtk was one. But the time I knew dtk was YEARS ago I have NO idea what they do now. They're life was tagging walls so I assume they still do that. I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.



it was just me and my brother, I didn't have a single tag I would just draw aliens and symbols, write certain messages, I was definitely doing it more as a street artist than someone with one tag they do everywhere.

but yeah in GA there are lots of great ones, Ohno and Dose come immediately to mind but there are a bunch more


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: i like cow poo]
    #17081679 -

Recent graffiti I saw at the State Fair while pooping in the stall. It is unbelievable when you begin to the think about the maturity of society as a whole. :facepalm3:



For this purpose alone, I cannot stand up for graffiti of any kind unless it is explicitly allowed. It does not matter if it is a masterpiece if the property owner unknowing of the situation. Vandalism is petty and childish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17081693 -

SoreSpore said:
Recent graffiti I saw at the State Fair while pooping in the stall. It is unbelievable when you begin to the think about the maturity of society as a whole. :facepalm3:



For this purpose alone, I cannot stand up for graffiti of any kind unless it is explicitly allowed. It does not matter if it is a masterpiece if the property owner unknowing of the situation. Vandalism is petty and childish.



Most real graffiti artists refuse to paint on locally owned buisness' and things like that so i see nothing wrong with it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: lar20]
    #17081725 -

lar20 said:
Most real graffiti artists refuse to paint on locally owned buisness' and things like that so i see nothing wrong with it.



The problem is that some inconsiderate fuckwit is drawing on someone's shit and they don't want it there. That isn't cool, can I come write on the shit in your house? What about your parents house?

But it's art, man.

No, it's fucking unwanted deliberate defacement of someone's property.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085325 -

What if its defacing a coal burning powerplant:trollmove:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085334 -

SoreSpore said:
lar20 said:
Most real graffiti artists refuse to paint on locally owned buisness' and things like that so i see nothing wrong with it.



The problem is that some inconsiderate fuckwit is drawing on someone's shit and they don't want it there. That isn't cool, can I come write on the shit in your house? What about your parents house?

But it's art, man.

No, it's fucking unwanted deliberate defacement of someone's property.



Which is bullshit. Legit artists dont write on houses or whatever they write on public buildings not owned by a resident there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: lar20]
    #17085378 -

lar20 said:
Legit artists dont write on houses or whatever they write on public buildings not owned by a resident there.



Right...

I am saying that ALL defacement of property, private or public, is vandalism. There is no case in which I would support somebody forcing something upon another without mutual consent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085382 -

SoreSpore said:
lar20 said:
Legit artists dont write on houses or whatever they write on public buildings not owned by a resident there.



Right...

I am saying that ALL defacement of property, private or public, is vandalism. There is no case in which I would support somebody forcing something upon another without mutual consent.



Well you have your opinions I have mine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: lar20]
    #17085422 -

You are completely right, but to be frank, it makes me think a little bit less of you knowing that you support this. It is a travesty that certain people are in support of outright disrespect for things others have paid money for, whether it be through direct financing or indirectly from funding through taxes. It isn't like painting or drawing is illegal, they still have all the opportunity to do so in the comfort of their own home. It isn't necessary to cloud a neighborhood with graffiti which lowers property values instantaneously. The point is that someone paid for these things, and NOW someone is responsible for cleaning them up (which costs more money) because some brainless shit bird feels the needs to color on things that are not their own. Your opinion would change if your car or house was drawn on, I guarantee it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: lar20]
    #17085425 -

They got what they deserved!



--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085446 -

SoreSpore said:
You are completely right, but to be frank, it makes me think a little bit less of you knowing that you support this. It is a travesty that certain people are in support of outright disrespect for things others have paid money for, whether it be through direct financing or indirectly from funding through taxes. It isn't like painting or drawing is illegal, they still have all the opportunity to do so in the comfort of their own home. It isn't necessary to cloud a neighborhood with graffiti which lowers property values instantaneously. The point is that someone paid for these things, and NOW someone is responsible for cleaning them up (which costs more money) because some brainless shit bird feels the needs to color on things that are not their own. Your opinion would change if your car or house was drawn on, I guarantee it.



No my opinion would be the same because my house or car was drawn on instead of a broken down warehouse or credit card building or something. The whole point of graffiti is to express yourself and show it to the world. Doing it in your own home would defeat the purpose. And I can live with you thinking less of me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085463 -

SoreSpore said:
You are completely right, but to be frank, it makes me think a little bit less of you knowing that you support this. It is a travesty that certain people are in support of outright disrespect for things others have paid money for, whether it be through direct financing or indirectly from funding through taxes. It isn't like painting or drawing is illegal, they still have all the opportunity to do so in the comfort of their own home. It isn't necessary to cloud a neighborhood with graffiti which lowers property values instantaneously. The point is that someone paid for these things, and NOW someone is responsible for cleaning them up (which costs more money) because some brainless shit bird feels the needs to color on things that are not their own. Your opinion would change if your car or house was drawn on, I guarantee it.



:macdre: lighten up man, graffiti is an inherent part of modern urban culture


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: lar20]
    #17085475 -

lar20 said:
The whole point of graffiti is to express yourself and show it to the world. Doing it in your own home would defeat the purpose. And I can live with you thinking less of me.



The whole point of art is to express yourself and people have been doing it for 4,000 years without the need to deface others property up until recently. Give me a break, what an awful paradigm you are trying to create to justify art in general. They can't express themselves by using a canvas like any other artist? Making art is impossible without breaking the laws for these people. Your logic and point you are arguing on is invalid, you are trying to justify people obstructing other persons pursuit to happiness because it is the only way for them to express themselves...

:tard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085486 -

SoreSpore said:
lar20 said:
The whole point of graffiti is to express yourself and show it to the world. Doing it in your own home would defeat the purpose. And I can live with you thinking less of me.



The whole point of art is to express yourself and people have been doing it for 4,000 years without the need to deface others property up until recently. Give me a break, what an awful paradigm you are trying to create to justify art in general. They can't express themselves by using a canvas like any other artist? Making art is impossible without breaking the laws for these people. Your logic and point you are arguing on is invalid, you are trying to justify people obstructing other persons pursuit to happiness because it is the only way for them to express themselves...

:tard:



expressing themselves and SHOWING IT TO THE WORLD without a need to be a famous artist. Their art is for anyones eyes who happens to stumble upon it. And who gives a fuck if they deface some rich companies property. Its not like the little bit it costs to clean it up puts a dent in the companies pocket. Its a very unique artstyle and it deserves no other place but the streets. And btw people do graffiti on legal art walls too. It isnt all vandalism.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: g00ru]
    #17085510 -

ghooru said:
lighten up man, graffiti is an inherent part of modern urban culture



The dealing of illegal and addictive narcotics is part of the modern urban culture as well, but I do not condone that. What about places that offer out payday loans with incredibly high interest rates?

I'm not going to lighten up about something that is illegal for a valid reason. You guys are holding these stances because you think it is cool, when the reality is that it directly effects tax paying citizens, the owners of property in that area, the owner of the property that was vandalized, etc.

But it's art, man

Do it on a canvas like the rest of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Views on Graffiti [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17085512 -

Quote:
There is no case in which I would support somebody forcing something upon another without mutual consent.



Like the 1000's of billboard ads that force their products on people without their permission?


--------------------
[quote]sVs said:
Adorable overload is imminent.[/quote]

[quote]YSHServant  said:
You are on my turf when you are in the pub.[/quote]

[quote]ButteredToast said:
Shroomery 2012- Thread goes from discussing a possibly deceased member to posting nudes of her.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,289 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 162 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.