Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody
    #16958406 -

near the head of Taurus the Bull and just ahead of Orion and all the bright winter constellations and stars. :willynilly:

You really should try to see Jupiter through a telescope if you've never done so, as it is quite spectacular. I'd say it's one of the top four objects to look at through a telescope along with the sun, the moon, and the Saturn system. Under good conditions you can at least see four of Jupiter's largest moons Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. In mid November one will actually be able to see the shadow of one of these moons as it passes between Jupiter and the sun.

Embrace the long, cold winter nights.


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: Amoeboid]
    #16958487 -

Amoeboid said:
near the head of Taurus the Bull and just ahead of Orion and all the bright winter constellations and stars. :willynilly:

You really should try to see Jupiter through a telescope if you've never done so, as it is quite spectacular. I'd say it's one of the top four objects to look at through a telescope along with the sun, the moon, and the Saturn system. Under good conditions you can at least see four of Jupiter's largest moons Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. In mid November one will actually be able to see the shadow of one of these moons as it passes between Jupiter and the sun.

Embrace the long, cold winter nights.



I disagree about looking at the sun through a telescope.  I cherish my vision and have no interest in going blind :shrug:


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: HB]
    #16958528 -

A properly filtered telescope or a telescope made for viewing the sun will protect your eyes.


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: HB]
    #16958540 -

With the proper filters, the sun is an excellent telescopic sight.  Sunspots and granulation are just two of the features of the solar disk that are available to the open mind with the right equipment.


--------------------
It's all mythology...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: Old Pokey]
    #16958549 -

Old Pokey said:
With the proper filters, the sun is an excellent telescopic sight.  Sunspots and granulation are just two of the features of the solar disk that are available to the open mind with the right equipment.



I bet that sun_spots would agree.


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: Old Pokey]
    #16958565 -

Curiously, some people claim to not see much. They'll say something like... "It's just a red (or yellow or white) circle" Yet when I look through I see the things you mentioned plus prominences. I think many people just don't have the patience for astronomy.


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: HB]
    #16958620 -

HB said:
I disagree about looking at the sun through a telescope.  I cherish my vision and have no interest in going blind :shrug:



But then you'd be cool like Copernicus!


HB said:
Old Pokey said:
With the proper filters, the sun is an excellent telescopic sight.  Sunspots and granulation are just two of the features of the solar disk that are available to the open mind with the right equipment.



I bet that sun_spots would agree.



:lol:


--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: sun_spots]
    #16958649 -

I want a telescope so bad.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: Amoeboid]
    #16958664 -

Astronomy is the only college class that I saw through to the end and didn't drop out of.  I quite enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, we only met as a class to look through telescopes on one occasion ... the rest of the class was all lectures.  I would want a telescope if I didn't live in a big city, and could see more stars/planets in the sky :shrug:


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: HB]
    #16958716 -

Thank you very much for informing me. :cheers:
I'm so excited to bring out my telescope, but there is so much damn light pollution in the area.
I'll need to head up the mountains or something. :lol:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: SARAtonin]
    #16958729 -

You're lucky to have a telescope; I'd be staring out that thing constantly if I had one.

P.S. Is that you in your avatar?  If so, you are very cute.  No homo.


--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: sun_spots]
    #16958738 -

sun_spots said:
No homo.




--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: HB]
    #16958784 -

HB said:
Astronomy is the only college class that I saw through to the end and didn't drop out of.  I quite enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, we only met as a class to look through telescopes on one occasion ... the rest of the class was all lectures.  I would want a telescope if I didn't live in a big city, and could see more stars/planets in the sky :shrug:



I LOVED my astronomy class. I've always been into Astronomy, read Sagan's stuff constantly, you name it. That class was definitely a perspective changer. Had my mind blown countless time.
Our prof. was AWESOME, best professor I've had to date and I'm in my 5th semester of college. Made the class awesome and interesting. Even loved the lectures. such a good class. I would've been immensely more interested in Astronomy/astrophysics degree fields if it didn't require such intensive math/science/physics knowledge.

He had some dope telescopes he'd bring to class some nights, we'd spend the whole class outside looking at stuff. Kinda sucked in the cold weather, but I met a really cool girl in that class so we'd just hang the whole time. We went to a really cool observatory here in NJ as well that was a great time. Biggest scope in Jersey. We looked at Saturn one class and it was awesome!


--------------------


Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: HB]
    #16958830 -

Yah, I don't know why I haven't been using it as much...:shrug:
Also like I said there is a lot of light pollution in the area.
Yes it is me, and thank you.  :crazy:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: SARAtonin]
    #16958873 -

Jupiter is bright. Very bright. I don't live in a big city so I don't know for sure but it might still be visible through the light pollution.


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: Amoeboid]
    #16959008 -

I'll try setting things up just outside, I would also like to see the moons if at all possible, but I doubt they could get through the light pollution.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #16959088 -

What kind of telescope do you have?

Here's mine: Orion Starblast 6, 150mm diameter aperture and 750mm focal length. For being less than $200 it's pretty magical.



It's pretty much my best friend.


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Edited by Amoeboid (10/03/12 02:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jupiter rises late at night in the east everybody [Re: SARAtonin]
    #16959157 -

Amoeboid said:
What kind of telescope do you have?

Here's mine: Orion Starblast 6, 150mm diameter aperture and 750mm focal length. For being less than $200 it's pretty magical.



It's pretty much my best friend.



if my memory serves me, that's a cadio-optic scope?
My prof had one with some digital shit that would take a bearing of where it was, and you input whatever location the star you wanna look at and it would find it, then automatically follow it through the sky. pretty cool shit.

SARAtonin said:
I'll try setting things up just outside, I would also like to see the moons if at all possible, but I doubt they could get through the light pollution.



even our moon is awesome to look at through a good scope!
where you at with so much light pollution?
I sympathize, North Jersey is SHIT for looking at stars.


--------------------


Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Telescopes/. JaRRn 1,176 10 02/14/05 07:10 AM
by niteowl
* Astronomy Pic of the day
( 1 2 all )
Digs 4,831 37 07/26/04 10:22 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* For people into astronomy
( 1 2 all )
Edge 2,994 20 03/03/05 10:43 PM
by DieCommie
* Astronomy Pictures ? FunkyLoFi 1,123 16 08/19/06 09:44 AM
by FunkyLoFi
* Astronomy Chazzersize 646 3 04/09/04 11:37 AM
by ivi
* astronomy message board Psychoslut 829 2 05/31/04 10:06 PM
by Psychoslut
* tuesday late night thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
dnL 14,953 231 07/20/05 05:30 AM
by CaptainH13
* Wednesday Late Night
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
TYL3R 9,530 224 07/28/05 04:27 AM
by BetaDelta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,733 topic views. 5 members, 11 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.