Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one?
    #16867171 -

I have had the ipod shuffle since its launch like 6+ years ago, I love the thing.  I want an ipod though that I can put movies on to watch in the gym as I run or make playlists with and etc.  The Ipod Touch 32 gig is $250 and seems worth it because I'll use it a lot.  Anyone own this model?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: PreparationH]
    #16867208 -

I own an older model IPod touch...I use it probably as much or more than any item I have in my life. So my vote would be...FUCK YEAH BRAH-SKI


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #16867221 -

Cool well I was about to walk to best buy and buy it last night but someone told me to wait because the iphone 5 is launching so we may see a new ipod touch very soon so prices may drop... Any truth to this?  Probably, apple is always releasing new shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: PreparationH]
    #16867230 -

Yeah, sounds probable. If you can hold off a little longer then you may wanna see if there's any truth to that. Me, I have the patience of a baby...if I *really* want it I usually just go get it. I've probably cost myself a ton of cash though with this strategy :wink:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: PreparationH]
    #16867247 -

PreparationH said:
Cool well I was about to walk to best buy and buy it last night but someone told me to wait because the iphone 5 is launching so we may see a new ipod touch very soon so prices may drop... Any truth to this?  Probably, apple is always releasing new shit.




Yeah you should hold out bro. Thats why I got my iphone 4 for 100 bucks because the 4s just
came out and I saved a bunch. But ipods are fucking awesome. I had a 1st gen touch and loved
it to its death which took years and beating after beating. But the ones now days are amazing
with the camera installed and such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16867264 -

Yea it's funny because my birthday is coming so I was like
"Fuck it I'm gonna treat myself to somethin."  I first thought
maybe it's time I bought a camera, then I realized my shuffle is starting to die.

The Ipod touch is 2 in 1, and the picture quality is pretty damn good on those things, seems totally worth it.  Also, I was just informed it has wireless capabilities and I have a wireless router... this thing is becoming a no brainer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: PreparationH]
    #16867274 -

It really is a no brainer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: PreparationH]
    #16867406 -

Why not get an iPhone if you want an iPod Touch?  When it comes down to it, the Touch and iPhone are pretty much the same thing, but one makes calls and connects to 3G/4G networks.  It'll be many more than two birds with one stone.
To me it's a pain to carry around two cell phone size devices.  Pretty much why I only use an iPod Nano.  I guess some people don't mind so whatever.  Just sayin'. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16867428 -

abltsandwich said:
Why not get an iPhone if you want an iPod Touch?  When it comes down to it, the Touch and iPhone are pretty much the same thing, but one makes calls and connects to 3G/4G networks.  It'll be many more than two birds with one stone.
To me it's a pain to carry around two cell phone size devices.  Pretty much why I only use an iPod Nano.  I guess some people don't mind so whatever.  Just sayin'. :shrug:




Yeah thats one of the reasons I just went with an iphone. Got my hand held camera mp3 player
internet and phone on me when needed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16867608 -

abltsandwich said:
Why not get an iPhone if you want an iPod Touch?



If you sign a new contract, I believe the 32G iphone 5 will be $299.

Of course it'll cost you an additional $100/month in phone bills.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: badchad]
    #16868065 -

yea I thought about it but I have another 18 months on my current contract and I'm not really trying to pay for a data plan and stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: PreparationH]
    #16868116 -

Ipod touch is totally worth it.
Now if you jailbreak it...

Awwwwww Yeeeaaaaa!! :aweface:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: badchad]
    #16868119 -

Or just get an android and play music on it.
 
Throw a 64gb sd card in it for an extra 50$, and you got plenty of room for music, and a good camera.


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: TheMovement]
    #16868126 -

Except androids are garbage :smirk: But seriously their music player is no match for an ipod.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16868163 -

DeadHearts said:
Except androids are garbage :smirk: But seriously their music player is no match for an ipod.



Once you're playing music, what's the difference?  I agree the UX is better, but it really doesn't make a practical difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16868175 -

Im not about to get into the Apple vs Android crap again its apples to apples.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16868183 -

Great argument for why a slightly better user INTERFACE makes a practical difference for LISTENING to music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16868186 -

pwnasaurus said:
Once you're playing music, what's the difference?



Are their codecs better?  I'm hooking my iphone up to a home stereo and would like to play FLAC off it.  I know IOS has an app for them, but don't know about Android.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: pwnasaurus] * 1
    #16868194 -

pwnasaurus said:
Great argument for why a slightly better user INTERFACE makes a practical difference for LISTENING to music.




I wasnt trying to propose an argument you fuckin guy you.

Why are people still not bumping the fucking boom boxes and rocking the caset players ect...
Its still going to play music isnt it?

CONVENIENCE thats why. A more manageable user interface is nice and also desired.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IPod Touch, worth it? Anyone own one? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16868222 -

WAIT WAIT WAIT


they just totally revamped the ipod touch line. this years model is WAAAAY better than the last few years. So my advice is WAIT and get one of the new ones when they come out


:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Getting an Ipod
( 1 2 all )
Shroom_Herder 4,370 39 01/14/05 04:21 PM
by Redstorm
* Zen Touch funkymonk 734 4 01/31/05 07:00 PM
by BanJankri
* I gotta get me an iPod Delyrium 1,086 13 07/14/04 01:42 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Are iPods crap?
( 1 2 3 all )
dblaney 2,331 40 09/18/05 12:52 PM
by scribble
* What kind of Portable speaker(s) should i get for my Ipod? MycoJunkie 1,816 10 04/03/05 08:38 PM
by Redstorm
* My new iPod got me iPissed.
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,396 29 08/05/04 02:46 AM
by Grovesk8ter
* Free iPod Yeah i know these things suck but help me out people steely_dan 2,392 16 12/05/04 07:36 AM
by Lightningfractal
* iPods SUCK! DiploidM 1,153 10 10/17/05 05:36 PM
by AliceDee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,048 topic views. 1 members, 20 guests and 166 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.