Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
So I'm stuck in Washington,DC....
    #16595676 -

..Or I will be for a week come late October.  Here's my story..

Why I'm going is fucking lame and not relevant or worth sharing.  What is important is that I am getting free airfare, hotel, but my days will be the definition of boring.  I'll probably be sharing a room with another "student of fortune".  I'll be right nearby the Smithsonian National Zoological Park, which I am DEFINITELY going to if I can during the day.  So basically my nights are free, I'm just wondering if any of y'all knew any good shit to do in DC???  Not interested in going to clubs, unless it's a strip club which then I am INTERESTED. 

Long story short, Any good bars or strip clubs nearby the zoo??


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16595750 -

Fuck the tourist shit there. I love history and just fucking hated all that shit. Although the spy museum was pretty cool. Take the segway your of the city. That's fun as hell.


--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: King Klick]
    #16595840 -

Segway tour, oh my god that sounds fun.  I don't think I would ever get on a segway now unless I could also find a grey jumpsuit and a white helmet. 

Gonna have some happy wheels fun in DC!

Otherwise I would feel to much like a tourist.  I come from a REALLY touristy place and fuck all that fake shit.  I'm just looking for something fun to do and hang out.  Nice parks, museums, restaraunts, bars, but mostly things that are open at night.


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16595859 -

You're going to DC and it's going to be the definition of boring? :hmm:

My initial advice is do not drive if you don't have to...the roads SUCK.  They fucking SUCK.

I kinda liked the tourist shit somewhat, it was neat I guess, I hate tourists though (even though I technically was one) :lol:

More advice would be to visit Monticello, which I don't think was too far away.  That place was pretty cool.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16595940 -

Yea, I definitely won't be driving..

At first I thought I was going to Washington State and I was


SOO FUCKING EXCITED!!!


While I was being told about the trip, I imagined exploring the Northwest and catching a later flight back.  God damn was I excited, I've been wanting to hike and sight see that area for soo long.  So I said, "That sounds cool I've been wanting to head into the forests and hike, I love the northwest."

No, Washington, DC..

:yuno:
Y UNO SAY DC?????


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16595973 -

So what are you going for?  I know you said that was irrelevant, but now I'm curious.  Did you decide to go or were you forced?

And honestly I don't see why you're so bummed about DC...I mean obviously there will be SOMETHING to do, even if you are not patriotic it is not your average town.

There are people protesting in front of the White House almost 24/7 for some reason or another...you can go check that out.

There are some badass restaurants too...shit I forgot what it was called, but there was one Deli place that was the absolute SHIT.  In a good way.  I think it was like a block or two down from the White House.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16596001 -

The segways are lame and only tourists do it. It pisses everyone that lives here off, because there are usually packs of tourists that have no clue where they are going on segways. But if you're interested, you might as well say 'fuck it' and do it.

The National Mall will have you mostly covered for museums (most people use the Smithsonian Metro stop, but if you get off at Federal Triangle, then you'll be right behind the Natural History Museum and you can use the Constitution Ave entrance, and avoid the bottleneck going in the main entrance); The Spy Museum (not free) and the Portrait Gallery are near each other (use Gallery Place Metro stop).

For clubs, I'd suggest Fur or Rock & Roll Hotel. I'm not much of a club person though, so maybe someone else can help you with that.

For bars, there are good places all over the city. You will find a good night life in Adams Morgan and just bar hop all the various bars. Also Georgetown, but you have to walk to the bulk of them because the closest metro stop is Foggy Bottom. If you get off at Foggy Bottom, probably the bar everyone hits up the most is McFadden's but it's a college scene because of GWU, so I don't know how you feel about that.

For parks, I would check out a lot of the areas where memorials are. Hains Park is near the Jefferson Memorial. The Tidal Basin is near there too. The National Zoo is in Rock Creek Park and there is a planetarium there too.

Just keep in mind the metro stops running a little after midnight on weeknights, and after 3am on weekends. But you can always catch a cab if you miss the last train. If it's worth it to you, buy a Smarttrip card for $5, and you can load it with money at the kiosks to make it easier to get in and out of metro stops. If not, you can just get the paper passes, but I know all the different prices for various stops and time restraints confuse some tourists. The Smarttrip card takes a lot of the thought out of it, because it just works like a reloadable debit card. For the Metro's website (has maps and station info) go to www.wmata.com.

Hope this helps. I know I missed a lot, but I never really think of tourist things because I've lived here so long.


--------------------


Edited by sadsappysucker (07/26/12 10:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #16596535 -

Thanks that helps me a lot, DEFINITELY interested in the planetarium.  I've never been to one before.

I'm not really being "forced" into it, more like pressured.  I am very grateful to my mentors and they have invited me to Washington for a conference.  Bottom line is that I will have to attend a bunch of boring lectures and chattings to express my gratitude and get my program more money.  The program and my mentors really helped me and believed in me.  I feel in debt to them, but at the same time I am really nervous to leave my house.  I've been really busy lately with a lot of projects and I don't want to see them die. They aren't irreplaceable, but I don't want the heartbreak, or the clean up, when I get home.  There are fish and plants, some in automated systems, some very valuable, and I haven't left my home in years.


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16597216 -

If you're into museums definitely check out the Air and Space, Natural History.. for Art the Hirshhorn, Freer Gallery, and O-Street are all good. Spy museum is awesome but I think like $20.

If you are not driving definitely get a metro card like SSS said. As for bars check out the Black Rooster pub, one of my good old friends is the proprietor.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16597330 -

DJ_avocado said:
..Or I will be for a week come late October.  Here's my story..

Why I'm going is fucking lame and not relevant or worth sharing.  What is important is that I am getting free airfare, hotel, but my days will be the definition of boring.  I'll probably be sharing a room with another "student of fortune".  I'll be right nearby the Smithsonian National Zoological Park, which I am DEFINITELY going to if I can during the day.  So basically my nights are free, I'm just wondering if any of y'all knew any good shit to do in DC???  Not interested in going to clubs, unless it's a strip club which then I am INTERESTED. 

Long story short, Any good bars or strip clubs nearby the zoo??



Is this serious?


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #16597618 -

What don't you understand?


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16597749 -

Head a bit south into Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, and Georgetown.

If you're bored there is a small comedy club near China Town called "Riot Act".  On a weeknight you can probably get in for like $10.  Then head north to Chinatown to a place called RFD.  They have like a billion special beers and microbrews and stuff.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: badchad]
    #16600249 -

Google JUMBO SLICE WASHINGTON DC  its a huge fuckin slice of pizza and its like 5 bucks....try both places there a few stores down from each other. 1st seen it on man vs food and went and I am in LOVE every since

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16601290 -

DJ_avocado said:
What don't you understand?



He's getting everything for free.


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16601357 -

as long as you are there, you could always go meet with Obama


































then piss on his face  :piss:

you might spend the rest of your life in jail, but you'll make a whole lot of us feel better :tongue:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #16601657 -

FeedingMyDreams said:
He's getting everything for free.



Just airfare, hotel, and food.  I'm very anti-souvenier and tourist-trap-crap, so what spending money I have is probably gonna go to alcohol and weird food (so china town sounds cool).  All I've heard about Washington, DC is there's a lot of black people.  I've only been to L.A. and Vancouver in the continental US.

I wouldn't be going if it wasn't free.  Just wondering what kind of cool shit there is to do/buy.  I'm pretty excited to go to a state with cold weather, 50 degrees, FUCK YEA!


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16601701 -

DJ_avocado said:
FeedingMyDreams said:
He's getting everything for free.



Just airfare, hotel, and food.  I'm very anti-souvenier and tourist-trap-crap, so what spending money I have is probably gonna go to alcohol and weird food (so china town sounds cool).  All I've heard about Washington, DC is there's a lot of black people.  I've only been to L.A. and Vancouver in the continental US.

I wouldn't be going if it wasn't free.  Just wondering what kind of cool shit there is to do/buy.  I'm pretty excited to go to a state with cold weather, 50 degrees, FUCK YEA!



It's pretty fucking hot in the summer like now.


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #16602327 -

DC in October is pretty nice and mild, weather-wise. If you're concerned about safety at all, as long as you stay out of bad areas you should be fine. Avoid New York Ave, and Southeast DC (around Capitol Hill is fine), in particular the Anacostia area. Also, when you are taking the Metro, be sure to stand on the right side of the escalator if you are not walking down, unless you want to get run down. Use caution when riding (be aware of your surroundings, watch your stuff), because there are often thieves that will rob you and run off the train right when the doors are closing. Sometimes fights will happen, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I just wanted to give you a heads up before you went so you have an idea of what to expect on the trains.

And yes, there are a lot of black people. DC is/used to be called Chocolate City.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #16602366 -

Educate yourself a bit. The museums there are some of the best in the world.


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I'm stuck in Washington,DC.... [Re: OZA]
    #16602451 -

OP, you have an annoying signature.

Just saying


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Washington DC Supernova 2,068 13 11/29/04 09:40 PM
by IAmTheWalrus212
* Headshops in Washington DC/Northern Virginia area awrap 5,937 3 03/24/07 01:37 PM
by Left Nut City
* Going to Washington DC tomorow delta9 506 3 12/20/04 03:08 PM
by delta9
* The Cherry Blossom Festival - Washington DC BrAiN 292 1 04/02/07 08:40 PM
by BrAiN
* Wash DC Apartment Help tededfred 797 7 07/11/03 09:16 AM
by Shroomism
* Tripping at the Planetarium
( 1 2 all )
forbiddendonut 4,392 21 11/17/07 06:26 AM
by disturbed
* Planetarium tonight. KillerSpores 591 9 12/18/10 12:26 PM
by Wiseman13
* Stellarium - planetarium software Liquid_Dimension 477 3 09/10/09 06:46 AM
by koraks

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,513 topic views. 6 members, 51 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.