Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint.
    #16398671 -

Since I started working at 14 I've always had a cell phone. I lived in a rich neighbor hood and my friends parents bought their kids phones, but my mom was poor, so if I wanted something I worked for it.

Anyway, I started out with this wicked sweet pre-pay flip phone Kyocera. When it rang it lit up all different colors. It was pretty cool.

Well, for the past year I've been using straight talk Android. 45$ a month, unlimited everything. It was enough for me.

But about a week ago, my wife was like "I want a new phone! I fucking hate my virgin mobile piece of shit! Lets go to sprint!"

So I was like :shrug: A'ight. Lets go.

She instantly found a phone she liked, the new 4g Viper android. I looked over their phones trying to find the cheapest one for myself, I looked at the droids, and didn't like the "Swipe" texting, which I could at least turn off on my straight talk. But these fancy one's don't let you. :crankey:

So I go over to the old school flip phones, but I notice they are nextel, so I ask the sprint guy if Nextel is any good. And he tells me "They are being phased out by early 2013, those are essentially sprint phones, because Sprint bought Nextel. But you'd be on the Nextel network until then, and then your bill will go up when you have to switch to sprint, and you'd have to pay an activation fee."

I did the quick math, and that brought me up to the price of my girls android.

Now, I have an iPod touch, so I'm super familiar with layout, typing, et cetera so I go over to the iPhone display.

The guy instantly comes up to me, he has an iPhone 4s himself ( and I shit you not I think he gets some super version )

So he pulls up siri and asks a shit load of questions. What looks like a loose leaf paper comes up with facts and shit, of whatever he asked.

so I'm like :facepalm: This shit is cool, but 200$?

So he said "If you buy the iPhone 4s and the viper today, I'll sell you the viper for the cheapest android in my store, and wave the activation fee for both phones."

My wife eyes lit up, so I was like "Sure, Siri is pretty cool, I like the deal. I'll take it."

He activates our phones in like 2 seconds, doesn't tell us what our phone numbers are, hands us the phone and box, says have a nice day, and instantly goes to the next customer.

So me and the wife are in the car for like 30 minutes trying to figure out our phones.

It took me probably the whole 30 minutes we sat there to find siri, as I wasn't used to siri.

You just hold the home button down.

So I finally tried it for myself. "Siri, where am I?"

Siri told me I was 20 miles away from where I actually was.

"Siri, what's the weather forecast?"

Siri told me there was no weather for my area.

"Siri, how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?"

Siri asked if I'd like to google it.

The list goes on. Everything I ask, Siri just responds "Would you like me to search that for you?" ( via google )

I swear to you that the guy in the store had a Siri on steroids, cause his looked up anything and everything. Including the weather, and location. :crankey:

Now I'm stuck with this phone for 2 years. I got fucked into a contract.

Lesson learned. Well played sprint. Well played.


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: Bundy]
    #16398688 -

:maximumtrolling:


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: Bundy]
    #16398690 -

I mean its just an app. I paid 100 for my iphone4 after the s came out because they are the same
exact phone except for better camera optics and the app siri. Overall I really like the iphone and
prefer it to androids.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16398865 -

Sprint has a 14 day return policy. Return the phones within 3 days no restock fee.

Sales guy is supposed to show you how to use your phone and walk you through everything. Called their "Ready Now" service.

Only way they can wave your act fee is if they apply a company/corporate/membership discount (ie Ford/Walmart/Credit Union member. So watch your ass, sales people lie about that stuff all the time, and after your 14 days, your stuck paying it if it's on your bill

PM me if you got any questions :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #16398879 -

sprint sucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #16398888 -

thats funny i jus changed to sprint but i just got the iphone4. im not paying 150 for the 4s when the iphone 4 was only fifty bucks


the siri feature honestly jus looks fucking annoying imo


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16398898 -

how does sprint suck? jw

no complaints from me yet but still kinda skeptical


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: SoreSpore]
    #16398912 -

Sprint may suck but I love my iPhone 4s. If you are having trouble with Siri responding how you want try rewording the question. I ask mine weird shit all the time and she does a good job of pulling up fact sheets.

If all else fails cuss at her and she will get offended and apologize for pissing you off.


--------------------
Anything posted by me is either hypothetical or completely fictional and is for entertainment only.

All trades available are legal and for microscopy or other legal uses only. I am a collector and I do not condone the growing or using of illegal substances.

My Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fell prey to the iPhone 4s from Sprint. [Re: DocShroom]
    #16398969 -

DocShroom said:
If all else fails cuss at her and she will get offended and apologize for pissing you off.




Lifes small victories count.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* sprint/nextel commercial AliceDee 616 4 02/14/06 03:41 PM
by AliceDee
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 2,590 30 06/29/07 10:26 AM
by Papaver
* ChromeCrow Racing debuts new nextel paint scheme! ChromeCrow 397 0 01/17/06 03:35 PM
by ChromeCrow
* Who wants an iPhone?
( 1 2 3 all )
VoidOfsPg 4,081 43 01/18/07 11:49 AM
by boO
* Iphone release Phishe 846 10 02/22/07 06:36 PM
by geokills
* Its 4:20 at 4/20 2004 HAPPY 420 PUB!!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 3,768 26 04/20/04 07:32 PM
by abhi
* Anyone here use sprint? blacksabbathrulz 823 15 06/05/06 12:30 PM
by Atheist
* Sprint has fucked my libido SneezingPenis 641 2 01/30/06 09:43 PM
by MisterMyco

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
667 topic views. 5 members, 159 guests and 257 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.