Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #16348350 -

According to all the material I have read, Lyme carrying ticks do not stay inside vectors. These ticks and the birds, deer, rats, felines and canines that carry them do indeed cross borders and spread the disease past the vectors commonly known to contain them.

I'm not an expert nor am I qualified to diagnose myself with Lyme disease. I'm simply showing overwhelming symptoms indicating the illness and living in the PNW where we have Lyme carrying ticks and having been bitten by ticks, I feel like its in my best interest to get to a doctor specializing in diseases such as Lyme.

Maybe it's not Lyme but whatever is wrong has been plaguing me for years and now I cannot ignore it any lo get and I need to deal with it.

I do apprechiate the info and alternative opinions would be great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #16348580 -

Anonymous #8 said:
Quote:
don't know for a fact that I have Lyme but showing all the symptoms



Did you ever get the warm bullseye rash?  Do you have arthritis like symptoms?  What makes you think it is Lyme?  Where abouts are you from?

Fuck what your Dr. thinks of you, there are other ways to get drugs if you really want them, your health should come first.  That being said it sounds like you are looking for something to blame your shitty feelings on, some of which are probably a result of drug use.

I've been diagnosed with Lyme a few times, but it wasn't that bad for me except of the early stages, I was fine once I got treated with antibiotics.  As far as chronic lyme, if that is what you're suffering from, it can be very difficult to treat.  I'd recommend doing things to support your immune system in general (diet, exercise, no drugs), I'd guess that'd be more beneficial than anything a doctor could do.



I deffInitly understand how you would think I'm simply looking for an excuse for feeling shitty but I don't need to anonymously justify my sickness here on the Shroomery.

I know you can get arthritis at any age but my knees crack when I bend them. I know a lot of things such as MS, Lupis and fibromyalgia all have similar symptoms as Lyme Disease. The thing is I'm not looking to get my Doctor to give me pain meds and the memory problems, lowered reflexes, and stomach problems aren't explained by a lot of the Lyme mimicking illnesses.

All I want is to be healthy and not have to deal with this any longer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16349561 -

Would it be possible to use makeup to cover the tracks? Using a liquid foundation or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #16349689 -

Anonymous #9 said:
Would it be possible to use makeup to cover the tracks? Using a liquid foundation or something.



I wouldn't know where to begin with using makeup or foundation to cover up the marks, I have thought of this already, but I don't know what kind of cover up to get or how to use it.

Any advice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16349807 -

that would scream junkie, tell them you donated plasma. And being that you are a junkie, I am sure you have, so are you worried that if they check it out you are banned from donating? either way, it works, take no more time, if you dont get checked out, at least get treatment, btw I have no idea of what that would be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #16350421 -

Don't try make up for sure, you'll be getting blood test and it will be obvious to the tech.

Even after you get to go to the dr don't expect a quick and easy answer. Best case scenerio is if he/she is good he will put you on antibiotics before the test, a 2 week course of doxycycline. Your test results will not be done for 7-10 days but if you feel better by then that is a sign you have a lyme's like infection and will be prescribed another 2 week course. Follow up test to weeks after to confirm no infection. Also Doxycycline sucks to take.

The problem is Lyme's test are very inaccurate. I guess its heard to test for. Thats why a good dr. will start treating and see how your effected by the antibiotic. Also they will probably due a full workup to check for any thing else while all of this is going on. If they don't I would ask for it. Check thyroid and parathyroid. Both can have symptoms your describing.

Hopefully you have insurance or money cause blood test get pricey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16350516 -

Anonymous #3 said:
Don't try make up for sure, you'll be getting blood test and it will be obvious to the tech.

Even after you get to go to the dr don't expect a quick and easy answer. Best case scenerio is if he/she is good he will put you on antibiotics before the test, a 2 week course of doxycycline. Your test results will not be done for 7-10 days but if you feel better by then that is a sign you have a lyme's like infection and will be prescribed another 2 week course. Follow up test to weeks after to confirm no infection. Also Doxycycline sucks to take.

The problem is Lyme's test are very inaccurate. I guess its heard to test for. Thats why a good dr. will start treating and see how your effected by the antibiotic. Also they will probably due a full workup to check for any thing else while all of this is going on. If they don't I would ask for it. Check thyroid and parathyroid. Both can have symptoms your describing.

Hopefully you have insurance or money cause blood test get pricey.



Nope, pretty broke and no health insurance right now. I'm going to see if I can get some insurance actually, I will never be able to afford this otherwise.

From what I have read 1 in 4 Lyme Disease carriers will give a false negative. Another thing I couldn't believe is how many doctors are totally ignorant about Lyme let alone the other nasty things deer ticks can transmit such as babesiosis.

I guess just waiting as long as I can to go in is the only thing I can do about tracks seeing as how any blood drawing would reveal my cover up job and make things much worse.

I guess in the long run if things don't heal up enough to pass off for something else I will have to face the music because I cant very well avoid the doctor forever especially now that I have this issue to handle.

Fuck...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #16350535 -

Anonymous #4 said:
that would scream junkie, tell them you donated plasma. And being that you are a junkie, I am sure you have, so are you worried that if they check it out you are banned from donating? either way, it works, take no more time, if you dont get checked out, at least get treatment, btw I have no idea of what that would be.



I donated blood once like three years ago. I never got so bad that I pawed things or stole anything, I was pretty lucky to get out before it was all too serious. Unfortunately I still have to let these two tracks heal before I can even where short sleeves. By far worst mistake I ever made, glad I learned that lesson early.

Anyway I need help NOT getting "former drug addict" stamped on my medical records. That will just be a thorn in my side for the rest of my life and I cant have that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16350574 -

If you found a doctor that was cool you might be able to explain your finacial situation with him and just get the 28 days of antibiotics without all the tests. That is a diagnosing tool all by itself. Hard to pull off but it might work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16350607 -

Anonymous #3 said:
If you found a doctor that was cool you might be able to explain your finacial situation with him and just get the 28 days of antibiotics without all the tests. That is a diagnosing tool all by itself. Hard to pull off but it might work.



Now this is an idea that I love! I think this is my first approach right here, thank you Anon #3!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* is it safe to use heroin while on probation *drug test Anonymous 1,547 18 04/08/18 09:50 PM
by Anonymous
* I am an idiot Anonymous 636 18 11/18/12 10:07 AM
by Anonymous
* I just found a tick... Anonymous 313 9 02/11/08 01:54 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
996 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.