Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks.
    #16346666 -

Iv been sober for about almost a month now from dope but I still have a few track marks. I'm having some medical problems and I'm quite certain I have had chronic Lyme disease for years now since that's the last time I remember beating bitten by any ticks. I'm showing almost all the symptoms of Lyme and I really need to get tested because I'm havin a really difficult time of this.

I am worried about going because I don't want the Dr to see my tracks and have any sort of note about past drug use on my medical record. I can pass a drug test but if they take my blood they are going to notice my old marks.

I really don't know what to do. I obviously have to go to the doctor but If they see tracks I'll never be taken seriously with my medical issues. Any advice would be greatly apprechiated. Any other current or former IV users input about medical visits would be great. Thanks Shroomerites.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16346771 -

Are you in the medical field?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16346927 -

If you have waited this long whats a little longer. You are right to be concerned about that being in your file. Its been my experience that it follows you everywhere and then it effects what they will prescribe you in the future. Also they will probably just think you want some pain meds if you go in with Lymes disease symptoms.

Going through something similar right now. My symptoms included severe pain in my arms and legs but since they have a note about past drug use in my file no pain meds for me. Finally got someone to believe me and ran some tests to confirm Lymes disease. Still no pain meds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16346948 -

or just tell him they are from donating plasma :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16346976 -

Ya, I made the mistake of telling my neurologist that I smoked weed because I was scared I had something wrong with my brain.

That shit still haunts me. I don't get ANYTHING. I broke the fuck out of my foot, smashed the bones up in it and didn't get a single pill.

My ex went in and bitched about pussy cramps and got a monthly vic script. :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #16347014 -

Just for weed? That sucks. I was concerned about my heart because I had been a heavy meth user for about three years. So I guess it is justified I still think after having been clean over 5 years now I should be off restrictions and actually get something decent when I have legitimate pain. Good news was dr told me once I quit meth there are not usually longterm health effects. The danger comes mostly from when I when I was using. No heart problems for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16347035 -

Anonymous #2 said:
Are you in the medical field?



Not a field of medicine relivent to disease. Like I mentioned I obviously don't know for a fact that I have Lyme but showing all the symptoms. Iv been sick for years but haven't known what it could be, I always thought I just had a poor immune system. Now I'm having much stronger symptoms after I had a massive mental breakdown lasting three days were I didn't eat and barely slept which left my body and immune system weakened.

I was having some seriously life crisis kind of shit going on and once it all worked out I thought everything was fine and for a day it was but the next day I started feeling real odd, my vision was blurry, Iv been havin  olfactory hallucinations, cold sweats, bad pressure behind my eyes, intense fatigue, my anxiety and depression has gotten way worse, I'm having cognitive issues like remembering things differently than they happen, Im having slight speech problems like forgetting words and studdering.

Somedays are worse than others. Iv spoken to a doctor and his opinion was it very well could be Lyme but there are a few other things it could be and we can't know until I get tested.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16347085 -

Got to ask what you were using. Sorry "dope" means to many different things to different people. Could be a reaction to being sober. Thats similar to how I felt for about 2months after I quit meth. I still have a slight stutter. I have no idea what quitting opiate addiction is like.

There are a lot of other things it could be. Your endocrine system could be trying to get back to normal after abusing it. If your doctor rules out most everything don't accept a diagnoses of fibromialga. It just means your doctor isn't smart enough to figure out whats wrong with you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16347194 -

I was using heroin but I haven't been addIcted for several months, then I kicked the habit and didn't use for about a month and starred using infrequently until a month before all this really started I quit completely. I'm sure this isn't a result of quitting. Iv had mild symptoms like these for longer than iv been using, it's just now gotten severe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16347212 -

Good luck I would still wait until your arms heal though. Lyme's disease sucks ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16347291 -

Yeah I'm deffinitly going to wait as long as I can so my tacks heal more and then go in. But I really don't want to wait too long because this is causin me a lot of problems pain wise and cognitively. But really if I go and they see my tracks it will be pointless because they will just assume I'm looking for drugs or they will assume my symptoms are a result of drug abuse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16347425 -

the answer is obvious

stop doing heroin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16347561 -

Stop doing heroin #1.

2. most doctors think lyme disease is a made up thing. Watch a lecture on it in one of my college classes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16347581 -

Quote:
don't know for a fact that I have Lyme but showing all the symptoms



Did you ever get the warm bullseye rash?  Do you have arthritis like symptoms?  What makes you think it is Lyme?  Where abouts are you from?

Fuck what your Dr. thinks of you, there are other ways to get drugs if you really want them, your health should come first.  That being said it sounds like you are looking for something to blame your shitty feelings on, some of which are probably a result of drug use.

I've been diagnosed with Lyme a few times, but it wasn't that bad for me except of the early stages, I was fine once I got treated with antibiotics.  As far as chronic lyme, if that is what you're suffering from, it can be very difficult to treat.  I'd recommend doing things to support your immune system in general (diet, exercise, no drugs), I'd guess that'd be more beneficial than anything a doctor could do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #16347596 -

Anonymous #7 said:
Stop doing heroin #1.

2. most doctors think lyme disease is a made up thing. Watch a lecture on it in one of my college classes...




one of my friends got lyme disease a couple summers ago

that shit is not fake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16347607 -

Anonymous #6 said:
the answer is obvious

stop doing heroin



Not sure if you ready earlier post but I quite doing H compleatly about a month ago. I'm done with that junk, not worth it. I'm too concerned about staying healthy and getting better to be adding more issues like drug addiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16347609 -

Didn't say it was fake, my aunt has it.

I said, most doctors think it's made up BS. They don't want to/don't think the person needs treatment. Think it's from other related factors, such as, stress, drugs, or other common things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #16347613 -

Anonymous #7 said:
Stop doing heroin #1.

2. most doctors think lyme disease is a made up thing. Watch a lecture on it in one of my college classes...



Quote:
Lyme disease, or Lyme borreliosis,[1] is an emerging infectious disease caused by at least three species of bacteria belonging to the genus Borrelia.


wiki

It is poorly understood, but real.  "Chronic lyme" may be more of a grey area.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #16347834 -

Yeah I have been reading on a forum for people suffering from Lyme and so many of these people had it for years and their doctors have this idea that Lyme Disease carrying tucks don't live in their area which we know is not true, these ticks are all over the entire US, or they think chronic Lyme is made up. Fortunately I found a disease specialist, hopefully he knows about lyme.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to get tested for Lyme Disease but worried about track marks. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16347962 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Yeah I have been reading on a forum for people suffering from Lyme and so many of these people had it for years and their doctors have this idea that Lyme Disease carrying tucks don't live in their area which we know is not true, these ticks are all over the entire US, or they think chronic Lyme is made up. Fortunately I found a disease specialist, hopefully he knows about lyme.



Who is "we"?  Do you have evidence that vectors for Lyme are "all over the entire US"?



If you live in an area where Lyme is common, doctors tend to be more informed and many will prescribe a course of a/b if someone reports being bitten by an unidentified tick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* is it safe to use heroin while on probation *drug test Anonymous 1,547 18 04/08/18 09:50 PM
by Anonymous
* I am an idiot Anonymous 636 18 11/18/12 10:07 AM
by Anonymous
* I just found a tick... Anonymous 313 9 02/11/08 01:54 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
996 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 20 queries.