Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Dub not dubstep
    #16150973 -

I know dub step is pretty popular in this forum, and I'm not gonna lie i like it too
but are there any reggae dub fans out there...i feel like dub is the best music to trip to (especially on a sunny day)

I am always looking for new dub so if anyone has an recommendations lets hear!


as of now ill leave u this compilation of dub songs

[url=
youtube.com/watch?v=PW5HtZ-YyIk&feature=related[/url]


--------------------
:leaf:  :cubie: are my :heart:'s                                                                                       

"The Zone"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: TokeUp]
    #16151325 -

Groove kicks on on the first song..

...and I'm loading up a bowl..
:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: cbhead23]
    #16159055 -

Dub ? Lee Perry !
Bird in hand


--------------------
"We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: GlitchBjorn]
    #16161199 -

GlitchBjorn said:
Dub ? Lee Perry !
Bird in hand




:thumbup: those are some good vibes!

if you have any other artists like this please refer them!!


--------------------
:leaf:  :cubie: are my :heart:'s                                                                                       

"The Zone"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: TokeUp]
    #16163983 -

Quote:
if you have any other artists like this please refer them!!



Of course !

Bad Weather - High Tone
And you should like all other songs from High Tone if you don't know yet

Baby Girl - Molecule
You will probably LOVE this one


--------------------
"We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: TokeUp]
    #16164005 -

Damn, I'm digging this hard. Thank you for posting!  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: Crypt Keeper]
    #16167773 -

Hell yeah! dubstep is cool and all, but dub us where its at. Check out this one, the guy is more of an acoustic/reggae artist but did a sweet dub jam.



--------------------
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: kjv1993]
    #16168474 -

GlitchBjorn those are some good tunes and both are gonna be on my next tripping playlist :thumb up:

and kjv1993 this guys pretty good does he have anything recorded

thanks for the recommendations (and keep them coming!)


--------------------
:leaf:  :cubie: are my :heart:'s                                                                                       

"The Zone"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: TokeUp]
    #16169856 -

Yeah he has a few great albums out, but like I said he isn't really a reggae artist strictly speaking


--------------------
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: kjv1993]
    #16169871 -





Scientist reigns supreme


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: psychotropicwhale]
    #16175617 -

Yayyy a reggae dub thread! I could go on forever, but for me King Tubby is one of the best. Peep the riddim!!! Hard as nails me bredren!:thumbup:

[flash=425,344]http://
/flash]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: dondija]
    #16176419 -

Of course you've got the king Lee Perry. Every time I hear this track I end up whistling/humming it the rest of the day  :biggrin:

[flash=425,344]http://
/flash]

Some of Mikey Dread's dub stuff is fantastic too. This one great's for smoking.

[flash=425,344]http://
/flash]

I can't find it right now, but the dub track of this song is fire. "Coming from the north with my face to the south, I'm quite sure I can knock you out...I am the Gorgon!"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: dondija]
    #16177131 -

Groundation!!! Also, for all dub lovers, check out Yellow Dubmarine. They have taken Beatles tunes and given them a reggae/dub makeover. Seen'em twice and they are KILLER.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: phaded]
    #16177188 -

phaded - am definitely going to twist one up tonight and check out this yellow dubmarine

Funny you mention Grounation (I don't think there's a D in there) I had a really old CD by them which was basically just a drum circle type stuff with group singing. They had "Oh Caroline" and really old tunes. Good stuff, but also very VERY basic stuff. I don't even know if I'd call it reggae or dub even though they're Rastas. Weird, didn't think anyone knew about them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: dondija]
    #16177378 -

Why am I not in this thread yet? Love the first one, still listening to it.

I would reccomend Mad Professor and Alpha & Omega.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16177440 -

Ok I wanna check this out later

Thx for the compilation


--------------------


    CrAnKy PiLlOwS YeAh PiLlOwS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: dondija]
    #16180968 -

dondija said:
phaded - am definitely going to twist one up tonight and check out this yellow dubmarine

Funny you mention Grounation (I don't think there's a D in there) I had a really old CD by them which was basically just a drum circle type stuff with group singing. They had "Oh Caroline" and really old tunes. Good stuff, but also very VERY basic stuff. I don't even know if I'd call it reggae or dub even though they're Rastas. Weird, didn't think anyone knew about them.



Yellow Dubmarine is the shit! Great music to burn out too. Plus, if you ever see them live, they will extend songs and jame for a good 8-9 minutes which is out of the ordinary for reggae bands. It is so great!

I'm positive it is Groundation. They have a whole album called Dub Wars. Here is one of my favorite tunes.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: phaded]
    #16180999 -

Ooooh, I like that a lot thanks for that. Completely different group I guess, my bad.

Anyway the "Grounation" I was thinking of isn't on youtube, but here's the itunes link. I was wrong Grounation was just the album title. Was actually Count Ossie & The Mystical Revelation of Rastafari.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/grounation/id261519658

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: dondija]
    #16181111 -

dondija said:
Ooooh, I like that a lot thanks for that. Completely different group I guess, my bad.

Anyway the "Grounation" I was thinking of isn't on youtube, but here's the itunes link. I was wrong Grounation was just the album title. Was actually Count Ossie & The Mystical Revelation of Rastafari.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/grounation/id261519658



Ha its funny how similar those names are though. Enjoy Groundation!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dub not dubstep [Re: phaded]
    #16183605 -

dam thanks a lot! I've gotten some sick artist recommendations and have definitely expanded my dub collection...cant wait to listen to my new playlist next trip!


--------------------
:leaf:  :cubie: are my :heart:'s                                                                                       

"The Zone"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DUBSTEP post the best of dubstep
( 1 2 3 4 ... 84 85 )
clemens 125,177 1,691 01/06/14 08:23 PM
by openmind
* Borgore (Hardcore Dubstep)
( 1 2 all )
EffedS 8,082 26 07/17/10 02:24 PM
by altr8
* sick sick Dubstep tune SuperD 1,397 14 06/30/10 08:41 PM
by Effed
* What Dubstep DJs/Producers have you seen live?... openmind 855 16 01/19/10 10:02 PM
by Jeffreykeenan09
* dubstep anyone? FleaAccela 1,536 14 12/19/06 09:03 PM
by FleaAccela
* Eskmo -Ancestor Mix 2009 - filthy dubstep(another mix added 5.09.09)
( 1 2 all )
CaptainKirk 3,856 27 05/14/09 08:36 AM
by blissedout
* Dubstep Cognitive_Shift 536 13 08/24/09 10:33 PM
by abetterlie
* godzilla dub step thedudenj 440 6 06/10/09 01:39 AM
by FleaAccela

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
2,711 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.