Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
More Foraging in Florida
    #15869136 -

After working today I stopped off at a state park I've been meaning to visit. The diversity of habitat from riverine hardwood hammock to desert-like scrub land was breathtaking. It also happened to include the biggest elevation changes that I've seen yet in this stupidly flat state. Exciting stuff for you all I am sure, haha :rotfl: In any case, here we go:

1) I can't believe I was excited to see a Russula  :facepalm:  but there it is. This winter has been not too exciting for mushrooms.





2) Here was a shriveled up Pluteus growing out of a living tree.




3) There was extreme flood damage apparent in some areas near the river where mudstains rose 5 and 6 feet up the trees, and this fungus covered entire branches above the flood level.




4) ???




5) Is this just a regular old destroying angel? Unfortunately these are the best shots I have :sad:




And here are some random shots from the hunt and a Shroomery Special :awesomenod:





--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: suchen]
    #15869146 -

dood!
5 is that Amanita i have been finding.
i'm still working on the microscopy, because the initial microscopy is not that great (it was when i first got my scope).

here is a description i have been working on.

www.mushroomobserver.org/obs/86999

let me know what you think...

you need to come to g-ville for a hunt soon! :awesomenod:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: bloodworm]
    #15869160 -

#3 is Lentinellaceae sp. i think.
not so sure on #4.

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: bloodworm]
    #15869422 -

4 prehaps Fuligo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: suchen]
    #15869431 -

The dragonfly and lizard pics are awesome :super:

agree with John on 4


--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: TimmiT]
    #15869511 -

Quote:
1) I can't believe I was excited to see a Russula  :facepalm:  but there it is.



Hey. Don't be hating on the Russula D :<

: )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: Algolagniac]
    #15869532 -

1. Russula sericeonitens

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: bloodworm]
    #15869659 -

bloodworm said:
dood!
5 is that Amanita i have been finding.
i'm still working on the microscopy, because the initial microscopy is not that great (it was when i first got my scope).

here is a description i have been working on.

www.mushroomobserver.org/obs/86999

let me know what you think...





Yes, that's it! The yellow above the stipe and the yellow annulus were what I found strange. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it. I have noticed that the volva clings rather tenaciously to the bulb in the ones I have found. I saved the specimen if you'd like me to send it to you.




Quote:
you need to come to g-ville for a hunt soon! :awesomenod:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm



We either need to find P. mammillata or expose it as a myth!


Fuligo, hmm. I guess I have just never seen it so dry or in such a tight ball like that. Thanks, chaps!


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: TimmiT]
    #15869989 -

suchen said:
1) I can't believe I was excited to see a Russula 
]



:lol: I know those days man. I'm fortunate now, but when summer comes we'll be switching roles and you'll be finding all the good stuff.



TimmiT said:
The dragonfly and lizard pics are awesome :super:




This.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: Ran-D]
    #15870003 -

3 looks like Antrodia albida
5 is probably Amanita citrina

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: The Thinker]
    #15870165 -

Pretty much everything about the Amanita citrina descriptions coincides with my findings other than the raw potato smell. Thanks for that!

I'm glad you all like the photos. It makes spending some time editing them feel worth it :bow2:


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: suchen]
    #15870222 -

suchen said:
I'm glad you all like the photos. It makes spending some time editing them feel worth it :bow2:



Amen to that.  Before my interest in shrooms, I had even less interest in cameras.


--------------------
I'm still here  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: The Thinker]
    #15870861 -

The Thinker said:
3 looks like Antrodia albida
5 is probably Amanita citrina



it is not Amanita citrina.
it might be a variation of though.
these are yellow above the veil.
i am sending a specimen to RET for him to examine once i get notes and microscopy together.

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: TimmiT]
    #15871043 -

TimmiT said:
The dragonfly and lizard pics are awesome :super:



Totally! How did you get that dragonfly to sit still? I never have luck with them.
#4 is the weirdest thing.
Nice finds and great pics!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: vespertine]
    #15871212 -

vespertine said:
Totally! How did you get that dragonfly to sit still? I never have luck with them.
#4 is the weirdest thing.
Nice finds and great pics!



Thank you  :flowers:

I was just lucky that the dragonfly was in super bright sunlight which meant I could make my shutter speed extremely fast. That means less blur :super: You should have seen the shots of butterflies I tried to take in the shade :rotfl:


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: suchen]
    #15871227 -

4 maybe some sort of moth eggs.

I'd be willing to bet on it.

Edited by SheikCorp (02/27/12 03:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: SheikCorp]
    #15871267 -

SheikCorp said:
4 maybe some sort of moth eggs.

I'd be willing to bet on it.




How much cash can you afford to lose?  I'd be happy to bet you on that.  : )



OP, very cool Antrodia.  I like those things.

How did you make the lizard pic?  That is some high quality work there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: SheikCorp]
    #15871281 -

suchen said:
I was just lucky that the dragonfly was in super bright sunlight which meant I could make my shutter speed extremely fast. That means less blur :super: You should have seen the shots of butterflies I tried to take in the shade :rotfl:



A good way to get insect/spider/small mushroom pics handheld is a high shutter speed + flash, if the lighting is bad try using an flashlight in addition to this.

SheikCorp said:
4 maybe some sort of moth eggs.

I'd be willing to bet on it.



I googled moth eggs, but didn't find any images that resembled this.  The exit hole does make me think possibly something insect related, but the texture & context reminds me of slime molds.  I'm not really sure what it is.  Bugguide.net should be able to tell if its insect related or not for sure, but they only take cropped images.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15871319 -

@suchen,is that a deadly Coral snake!:eek:
That dragonfly looks pretty bad-ass,stellar pic bro!:awesomenod::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Foraging in Florida [Re: suchen]
    #15871325 -

Quote:
I was just lucky that the dragonfly was in super bright sunlight which meant I could make my shutter speed extremely fast. That means less blur :super: You should have seen the shots of butterflies I tried to take in the shade :rotfl:



A dragonfly in the sun is worth two in the bush? Something like that? :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* §~ FLORIDA Psilocybe Cubensis & Panaeolus Cyanescens in December (pics) ~§
( 1 2 all )
florida lurker 12,797 39 01/14/09 06:02 PM
by StonyPeach
* Winter finds in Florida
( 1 2 3 all )
Beege 5,838 46 01/04/09 11:32 PM
by Beege
* Florida Actives
( 1 2 all )
just me 7,624 39 01/07/13 04:31 PM
by Eternal.A.K.Being
* i come from florida..
( 1 2 3 all )
hunt2much 3,513 48 01/25/06 08:40 PM
by AEONFLUX2025
* I live in florida and was mushroom hunting then i see flashing red and blue...
( 1 2 all )
caseyroy 4,482 34 03/27/09 07:46 AM
by psilophile82
* Re: The Mushrooms of South Florida Psylosymon 3,880 10 07/17/00 03:52 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Another Danger to Florida's Shroom Hunters: The Red Widow mjshroomer 2,005 13 08/31/04 01:37 AM
by ATWAR
* **THE OFFICIAL FLORIDA MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2009**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 59 60 )
visions 104,970 1,186 01/24/10 03:21 PM
by goldennic007

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,991 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.