Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Help! How to rent a house
    #15670043 -

Hello, I am a young person living with young people.

Although we are young, our choices and ways of living of very alternative to those within such age group.

With such said, my friend/roomies/companions/team is looking for a house.

We are willing to rent to rent, rent to own, etc: but here's the catch:















This group of people is looking to hear tips and advice from experienced renters.

ALSO, if one chooses to rent to own, or rent to rent what are some precautions to advise of as far as privacy is concerned?

For example, we wouldn't want the landlords walking in on a certain room.



Overall speaking, my question is held quite broad and it's difficult to give many details. On the other hand, we are looking (a group) for a house where we have maximum privacy from other people.

We are looking to rent to rent but if it takes renting to own just to find that certain house we are willing to make the commitment.

I don't exactly know where to go to answer my own questions.

  • How do I establish good personal connections with land lords?
  • What is the best region [in state] (demographically speaking) to find homes that aren't ran down but have plenty of privacy? Perhaps even cheaper?
  • If I'm looking for more privacy, security should I stay out of busy towns?
  • I'm young and the people I live with are young. We really stand out because we "look young", but don't "act young".
  • I'm trying to find the right house with the right land lord to have the right amount of privacy at the right price -- how should I approach this, if possible?
  • How do I keep landlords and nosy people away from my home or worse yet -- inside?


I'm going to presume the majority of you reading this understand why I am being so particular.

With that said, thank you for any advice.


[/list]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: xenzaka]
    #15670054 -

Honestly if your concerned about privacy I would attempt to purchase property and not rent. I never feel right about renting as it is not truley my personal castle so to speak. Xen how much cash do you have at your disposal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: xenzaka]
    #15670065 -

what kind of drugs are you trying to make?


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off.
Why should I?” - Bob Marley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: xenzaka]
    #15670066 -

My friends and I enjoy living a low key type of lifestyle without being bothered or asked questions.

We enjoy our privacy and value seclusion and it's upmost level.

If I want to find say an "off beat" house, where should I look (in general)?

I apologize for the lack of absolute direction this thread has but I'm hoping a couple of you feel where I am coming from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: Curiousgeorge22]
    #15670084 -

I would personally look into buying a house in a rural area as people in the country "genrally" mind there own business for the most part.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: Curiousgeorge22]
    #15670091 -

I would look towards renting from a rental agency. My experience with two different rental agencies in different states is that they don't care as long as you pay your rent on time. What you have to be concerned about is maintenance issues, that is generally the only time you will have the rental people in or near your residence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: Mutar Kent]
    #15670096 -

in the south, rural area, in the mountains :shrug:

houses are usually cheap if you look here and it would be best to buy


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off.
Why should I?” - Bob Marley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: Curiousgeorge22]
    #15670101 -

Curiousgeorge22 said:
in the south, rural area, in the mountains :shrug:

houses are usually cheap if you look here and it would be best to buy


 

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: Curiousgeorge22]
    #15671138 -

Thanks for the input everyone!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: Curiousgeorge22]
    #15671148 -

Curiousgeorge22 said:
what kind of drugs are you trying to make?



I don't understand,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: xenzaka]
    #15671169 -

Yo Op, your not going to want to rent if you NEED absolute privacy.....

NOw houses/trailers inthe country do provide much more privacy, as country folk do tend to follow the "mind ya business"mantra of the country...


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: xenzaka]
    #15671208 -

craigslist


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help! How to rent a house [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15671214 -

#1 way to keep the landlord away:  Make sure your rent is paid in full, on time, every time.

Look for a house that's very rural.  If the neighbors think your being sketchy, or you're bringing attention to yourselves (loud parties, lots of shit laying around the yards, etc.) they probably have the landlord on speed dial.


--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My friends rent situation
( 1 2 all )
TheMovement 2,279 21 03/18/13 10:41 PM
by Bodhi of Ankou
* so my roommate moved out and tried to fuck me with rent
( 1 2 all )
All We Perceive 4,729 24 08/02/12 01:25 AM
by runningfox2002
* RENT OR OWN ?
( 1 2 3 all )
tyrannicalrex 3,106 43 07/22/12 01:35 PM
by Prisoner#1
* question about a landlord
( 1 2 3 all )
blood4blood 4,230 45 12/14/10 10:45 PM
by circularvortex
* Fuck landlords and neighbors Brain Fart 1,904 14 10/20/11 12:48 PM
by Brain Fart
* Landlord says he wants us out at the end of June. [UPDATE: DON'T HAVE TO MOVE!!!]
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,084 58 06/02/08 03:45 PM
by rugergirl79
* Goddamn Landlords Mephistophelian 768 8 06/25/10 01:24 PM
by trisk
* landlord is raping me for $1500!!!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
deladude 2,591 40 01/20/12 09:08 PM
by Heffy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
483 topic views. 2 members, 20 guests and 185 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.