Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15622506 -

ifoundwaldo said:
starfire_xes said:
ive never seen it.  how much does it cost?



It's about $25 a fifth around here.

It tastes completely different from Glenlivet though.
It's a much peatier scotch.

You might not like the peat.
My sister describes it as "drinking a bandaid."




sounds more like Glenfiddich.....I like glenfiddich, but glenlivet goes down smoother.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15622528 -

I prefer Glenlivet to Glenfiddich, but my all time favorite would be Jura 10 year:

Its smooth, spicy, peaty, and complex with a long, slightly fruity finish.


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #15622582 -

Scotch dudes who know some really tasty local stuff should chime in and tell us about some of that rare and local stuff that we never see.  Personally though, I don't think I've tasted better than 18 The Glenlivet.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15622629 -

starfire_xes said:
ive never seen it.  how much does it cost?




it varies by region, locally it's about $50 a bottle, I've paid $27/bottle in other markets


it's a very unique scotch, the first glass you'll either love or hate, the
second will change your mind of you thought you hated it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15622646 -

ifoundwaldo said:
My sister describes it as "drinking a bandaid."




I think it's a bit closer to novacaine but your sister's analogy is still pretty damned accurate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15622876 -

I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I think I might crack open my bottle of 12 year Glenfiddich now after reading this thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: Travis Bickle]
    #15623447 -

Travis Bickle said:
I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I think I might crack open my bottle of 12 year Glenfiddich now after reading this thread.



Last time I tripped I had some 12 Glenfiddich, but the taste is a bit harsh for me.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm drinking 18 year The Glenlivet Scotch. [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15623508 -

I like the Dalwhinie


--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats your Favorite mixed drink?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
guri 8,981 63 05/04/05 11:11 AM
by SoopaX
* straight scotch mantis 877 9 07/22/05 12:12 AM
by TheCow
* mcewan's scotch ale Anonymous 729 8 12/08/04 01:55 PM
by blissedout
* Drinking alcohol is the key to living past 90, study says.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Patlal 3,445 62 03/02/18 08:34 AM
by Stonehenge
* Massive drinking
( 1 2 all )
gdman 1,750 25 01/18/05 01:33 AM
by blissedout
* Favorite mixed drinks?
( 1 2 all )
Twirling 5,332 28 04/23/04 03:39 AM
by AbFab
* If you could drink any kind of beer tonight
( 1 2 3 all )
Pathos 4,095 45 12/15/04 02:49 PM
by lukeboots
* favorite winter time mixed drink JonnyOnTheSpot 770 15 11/25/05 10:26 PM
by gregorio

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,983 topic views. 5 members, 9 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.