Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!!
    #15550023 -

It's pretty much the only thing I like to spend money on. In these past couple days, I just bought a Velvet Underground LP, an Of Montreal EP, Minor Threat, 7 Seconds, and Flaming Lips! Thats it for now...  :whoo:

Anybody elseeee???


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: newgui]
    #15550113 -

Vinyl rocks :soundsgoodman:

My collection is mainly Patsy Cline, Steely Dan, and Frank Zappa.
I've got a Wu-Tang "Enter The Dubstep" vinyl that's pretty cool as well :laugh2:

Also some Origin, Meshuggah, NIN, and Yes, and plenty of The Police. :dancer:

+ all my mom's oldies  :hippie:


--------------------
:alert: Any personal or non-personal information related by myself to anyone on this site is beyond doubt, 100% fictional and should not be taken as truth :alert:

    :psychsplit:Keep on Goan:psychsplit:
*BOOM*www.psychedelik.com*BOOM*
I still need to try PCP :trippinballs:

:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: PsillySighBen]
    #15550118 -

Def check out Flea Markets and such. Lotsa good cheap finds available.


--------------------
:alert: Any personal or non-personal information related by myself to anyone on this site is beyond doubt, 100% fictional and should not be taken as truth :alert:

    :psychsplit:Keep on Goan:psychsplit:
*BOOM*www.psychedelik.com*BOOM*
I still need to try PCP :trippinballs:

:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: PsillySighBen]
    #15550140 -

Nice, nice!

Yeah I've spent way too much time and money filling an entire box of the classics. All the good Jimi, the good Beatles, the good Zep, (wish I had Zappa...) and way too many to account for. I also have an entire box of incredible jazz!

I've just started to appreciate expanding my collection beyond "oldies"..which still happen to be old. Starting a little punk collection with Bad Brains, Black Flag, early Lips, and more. :cool:


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: newgui]
    #15550566 -

I'd rather spend my money on quality equipment. Digital has gotten so good that it really isn't worth it to spend the extra on vinyl. Of course, if you are collecting vinyl for the sake of collecting vinyl, by all means, enjoy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: AUX]
    #15550589 -

In my opinion, the sound captured on vinyl is half the fun! Listening to music the way it was intended to be recorded and heard is quite the expeirence. I prefer that over the digital remasterization..takes the band out of the band!


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: newgui]
    #15552516 -

I've got just about every Hendrix album, Tallest Man on Earth, a cool Door's compilation called "Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine" with very cool art on it, some CCR, BB King, Robert Johnson, Bob Dylan, and I just got Ryan Adam's new album.

The thing with buying a record vs. just downloading it is that with an album, every song has to be worth listening to. I won't buy a record that isn't great from start to finish, and I give it the same attention that I do watching a movie, as opposed to just playing a song with headphones in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: CarnivalBarker] * 1
    #15553605 -

I've had mine for about a year and half now. Mostly electronic (Venetian Snares) but I'm also building up a nice prog rock and classical collection. I love the sound of vinyl, but I think I need a house to fully appreciate. Can't turn it up as loud as I want it.

What's everyone's crown jewel?

Mine is the very rare release of The Mars Volta's Frances the Mute + The Widow Single. 4LP glow in the dark!!

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1541458


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #15553784 -

Yes! I have like 6 Doors LP's!

SHIT! Nice on the Volta! I swear De-Loused in the Comatorium has to be the wildest thing I've ever heard


If I had to pick one jewel?! I don't think I could do it! I like the Flaming Lips LP's I have because of the work put into it, being all multi-colored and whatnot.

Speaking of, I have a Ravi Shankar record that glows GOLD under the black light! So maybe thats it

Also, a John Coltrane album that glows the same gold, but its like spin art instead of being completely covered!


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: newgui]
    #15553831 -

newgui said:
Yes! I have like 6 Doors LP's!

SHIT! Nice on the Volta! I swear De-Loused in the Comatorium has to be the wildest thing I've ever heard


If I had to pick one jewel?! I don't think I could do it! I like the Flaming Lips LP's I have because of the work put into it, being all multi-colored and whatnot.

Speaking of, I have a Ravi Shankar record that glows GOLD under the black light! So maybe thats it

Also, a John Coltrane album that glows the same gold, but its like spin art instead of being completely covered!



Nice, man!

I'm still trying to get a hold of De-Loused on vinyl. It's even rarer than the Frances 4LP. I also have Amputechture, which is also sort of rare.

Do you have a pic of the gold ones??


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #15554264 -

I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on vinyl in the last year.
I'm picking up a big chunk of a friend's collection next week.  He just had a kid so he's selling off some gems.
His loss, my gain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Travis Bickle]
    #15555376 -

I do.

I have a few Sabbath album, this trippy doors album, Meddle by Floyd, Tool's Opiate album, some heavier shit, punk/hardcore albums...

I really like collecting weird black metal albums.


--------------------
I told him that I went to the after life, that humanity is mere corrupted energy, and that we become purified upon death. I was no longer afraid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #15555949 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
newgui said:
Yes! I have like 6 Doors LP's!

SHIT! Nice on the Volta! I swear De-Loused in the Comatorium has to be the wildest thing I've ever heard


If I had to pick one jewel?! I don't think I could do it! I like the Flaming Lips LP's I have because of the work put into it, being all multi-colored and whatnot.

Speaking of, I have a Ravi Shankar record that glows GOLD under the black light! So maybe thats it

Also, a John Coltrane album that glows the same gold, but its like spin art instead of being completely covered!



Nice, man!

I'm still trying to get a hold of De-Loused on vinyl. It's even rarer than the Frances 4LP. I also have Amputechture, which is also sort of rare.

Do you have a pic of the gold ones??



I'm not in town but I'll take a picture when I'm back!

I also have this cool 2 X LP record of Pink Floyd. It's called A Perfect Pair and its Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and Saucerful Of Secrets in one wonderful package!


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: newgui]
    #15565982 -

hell yea.

I'm mostly into punk/hardcore, I've started picking up some classics but I could just spend every dollar I have on just catching up on em.

I'd say my crown jewel is a Metallica "Kill em All" 1st press or Integrity's "humanity is the devil" test.

check my trade list and let's make some deals!
http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=2952


--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: airclay]
    #15567021 -

airclay said:
hell yea.

I'm mostly into punk/hardcore, I've started picking up some classics but I could just spend every dollar I have on just catching up on em.

I'd say my crown jewel is a Metallica "Kill em All" 1st press or Integrity's "humanity is the devil" test.

check my trade list and let's make some deals!
http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=2952



Cool, man.

I really just grab everything. Picked up a Beets record to add to my collection yesterday. Punk/hardcore records are wonderful!


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: newgui]
    #15601439 -

newgui said:
an Of Montreal EP



:thumbup:
Nice. Kevin Barnes is incredible man. Don't come across very many people that are into them, pretty cool when it happens.
As for vinyl, I don't collect them but my brother (19) does. He's got a couple oM records, among others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: disM]
    #15610362 -

lp collecting seems like a dieing hobby to me. got lots of hendrix,pink floyd, 2 barrington levys,a little dylan. and some doors and elton johns that were my grandpas. i have fallen in love with lps again the last few years. mad props for those who collect em just to have em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: kingoffungi]
    #15611357 -

Are you kidding me? I would argue the LP market is virtually exploding!


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #15611545 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Are you kidding me? I would argue the LP market is virtually exploding!



True words! Any band that is making new music these days also releases their stuff on vinyl.


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: disM]
    #15611554 -

disM said:
newgui said:
an Of Montreal EP



:thumbup:
Nice. Kevin Barnes is incredible man. Don't come across very many people that are into them, pretty cool when it happens.
As for vinyl, I don't collect them but my brother (19) does. He's got a couple oM records, among others.




Excellent! I pre-ordered their new album that will come out Feb. 7th. It sounds like their older stuff, which is great, in my opinion.


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My New video capture card! HELL YEAH =) Cow Shit Collector 929 4 12/16/02 04:07 PM
by Cow Shit Collector
* Hell yeah Harbinger 385 0 01/23/04 10:10 AM
by Harbinger
* MAJOR VINYL SCORE! Prodijal_Son 825 4 10/21/03 12:12 PM
by gnrm23
* Custom Window/Door/Sticker Vinyl for trade MilkyMedia 1,538 13 12/08/04 11:49 PM
by BrAiN
* Vinyl blaze2 714 4 02/09/05 03:56 PM
by BrAiN
* places to buy trance vinyl online sherm 666 6 03/05/04 01:56 AM
by automan
* Vinyl shops in Oakland/Macomb County Michigan? DNKYD 377 0 01/27/05 08:04 PM
by DNKYD
* movie collection ihavefingers 1,158 4 02/16/04 08:43 PM
by DannyT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
6,445 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.