Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite
    #15035206 -

This is a video on the use of visionary sacraments, particularly Amanita Muscaria, amongst the deeper circles of the Roman Catholic church, whose use sprung from the original praxis of the European cultures. Their use has arguably influenced the substratum of druidism in Roman Catholicism. I can ramble on about this, but the video itself speaks volumes.

If you can bare his monotonous voice and not fall asleep, it is quite intriguing.

Thoughts, feelings?


&hl


--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #15037429 -

Very cool.  Thanks for posting.:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #15038355 -

J. Allegro in his book The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross was the first to reveal this. That initiates of the Christian church took mind-altering sacraments.



Later I was to discover this real interesting guy, Mike Crowley, who said the same about the ancient Brahmins of India---That the State made mauhrooms--especially psychoactive muchrooms--taboo, except for the 'highest caste' the Brahmans, who took them as their sacrament.

Mike Crowley interview – ā€œSecret Drugs of Buddhismā€ – #097

In Shamanism and the Drug Propaganda, by Dan Russell, he claims that from the first city states there has been this elitist suppression of 'slaves' having access to mind-altering vegetatation, and only the elites secretly had them

So, then we see that just because some groups have taken psychedelics, it appears that they still have conformed to a hierarchical system, and ebraced their exclusivity. I see this as a lesson that it is not enough JUST to take psychedelics, but we also need a basic humanity and inclusivity. This is something I am very interested in. I HATE secret fukin cults, and a culture which looks down on others and exploits others, including animals, and Mother Earth. But some groups abuse the psychedelic experience as is obvious from this history! Their dogma seems to override the potential of what psychedelics can inspire is used intelligently with love and respect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: zzripz]
    #15038379 -

It all breaks my fucking heart.

Here I was thinking that the church was prepping believers for such an experience these last however many thousand years.

Painful.

:heart::mushroom2:




Its shocking what can be accomplished with 'reality.'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #15038533 -

"The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."- Luke 17:21

I can understand the restriction of use which we see in Indian culture... Obviously, others still use them despite their caste...
When I think back to the first time I took psychedelics, it was nothing compared to after I had cultivated myself with consciousness disciplines... I no longer can take psychedelics for recreational purposes because of the work I have done... It's like going into surgery for no reason. From this stand point, I understand their practice.
It's also important to remember, that language is far different now than it was then, as is culture and common knowledge, not only was it more difficult to explain such things, risk of heresy and death because of it were as present as ever, peoples weren't exactly granted the liberties we are... One could be stoned for uttering the name of their deity back then... Secretive cults were far more necessary... Especially when that knowledge their practices grant runs the risk of death and obliteration of that knowledge if it's power is understood by those it has the potential to oust.


--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #15038616 -

Understood.

This alternative narrative is so much more exciting to rest 'history' on when questing for some consistent thread of Truth or attaining the 'NOW.'

Quote:
From this stand point, I understand their practice.



I'm there with you but do you think we would have been better off as a global community if all of this was common knowledge and more common experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #15038633 -

Well I personally am not in favour of cultures which condone slavery and keeping humans called "slaves" from having access to Mother Earth and Her sacred fruits and ecstatic particuipation which is everyones birthright--but that's me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: zzripz]
    #15038910 -

FishOilTheKid said:
Quote:
From this stand point, I understand their practice.



I'm there with you but do you think we would have been better off as a global community if all of this was common knowledge and more common experience?



That is very difficult to say... Druidic amanita eaters and Bhramic Soma eaters alike would understand the experience and what it does to ones being, but I have little to no doubt their cultural styles would clash and cause some friction...
Especially amongst the more 'common' folk. I know people that have used mushrooms in this manner and understand the wisdom the experience inferred but still, as an individual, do not possess the power to use it and have an effect on the world around them with it...
Not to mention the countless people I have met who have eaten psychedelics many more times than I but would never dream of even imagining them in the light we are holding them in here... They look at me like I’m weird if I ask them what they have learned…. I just always hope they have a breakthrough some day.

I think that if there is a time for psychedelics in a universal cultural fashion to encourage global vision and understanding, the time is now, or very soon. In what other point in history were these discussions able to be had pan-culturally and across the world in seconds like we are here? :cool::thumbup:


zzripz said:
Well I personally am not in favour of cultures which condone slavery and keeping humans called "slaves" from having access to Mother Earth and Her sacred fruits and ecstatic particuipation which is everyones birthright--but that's me!



Nor am I, and agree, but I certainly condone and respect the traditions, which in order to understand why they did what they did, we need to understand the cultural paradigmatic instance and circumstances from which they arose. These traditions have given us a road map to and through, as well as tremendous power to catalyze the entheogenic experience.:wink:


--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #15039072 -

Quote:
...countless people I have met who have eaten psychedelics many more times than I but would never dream of even imagining them in the light we are holding them in here... They look at me like I’m weird if I ask them what they have learned…. I just always hope they have a breakthrough some day.



How do they not is my question??  I've always thought that it is the 'thought makeup' if I can call it that, that excludes others from certain experience.  Personal beliefs as impediments or locked doors.  Biases.  Rationalist skeptic Intellectualism.:tongue2:
Quote:
I think that if there is a time for psychedelics in a universal cultural fashion to encourage global vision and understanding, the time is now, or very soon. In what other point in history were these discussions able to be had pan-culturally and across the world in seconds like we are here? :cool::thumbup:



Exactly!!  But I am getting so much heat for supporting mushroom use in the context of Christianity by...  'up.'  They are so ruthless and all they want me to agree to is no mushroom use as some universal Truth when I believe the exact opposite to be true righteousness.  The literal ingestion of the Eucharist, no?? 

Why is it that the astral representatives, or what have you, (:schizo alert:) don't support their own calling card?  Any thoughts?  Please don't be afraid of me being all that crazy.  What if, and its understandable according to what the Church was able to obscure, apparently, the astral realm or the spiritual plane backs their agenda of this being forbidden.  As in the spirits no longer acknowledge plant based shamanism (at least where I am.)  So sad what I am experiencing their desires and motives are.  They won't allow me to feel good about mushroom use and I've had beautiful visionary learning experiences on Amanitas and Psilocybe that fit rightfully into a Christian framework.  They are trying to break my faith in the psychedelic experience and its just not Truth to deny it.

Sorry if I spill allot of personal beans.:tongue:

Astonished at involving myself with psychedelics and Christianity.  Things get very real.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #15040816 -

Quote:
Exactly!!  But I am getting so much heat for supporting mushroom use in the context of Christianity by...  'up.'  They are so ruthless and all they want me to agree to is no mushroom use as some universal Truth when I believe the exact opposite to be true righteousness.  The literal ingestion of the Eucharist, no??


 

Yes, the literal and true ingestion of the Eucharist… I don't know if this is all true, or was if it was a practice incorporated later, but it makes a lot of sense.
People will always be very resistant to this idea, unless or until it is fully proven…Jesus as a mushroom that is. It's painfully obvious that ancient European practices which incorporated Amanita were carried over through cultural conversion that happened throughout Europe.

When so much myth and fantasy leak into the understanding of something so earthly, I imagine it would be hard for millions of people to surrender that old belief.


Quote:
Why is it that the astral representatives, or what have you, (:schizo alert:) don't support their own calling card?  Any thoughts?  Please don't be afraid of me being all that crazy.  What if, and its understandable according to what the Church was able to obscure, apparently, the astral realm or the spiritual plane backs their agenda of this being forbidden.  As in the spirits no longer acknowledge plant based shamanism (at least where I am.)  So sad what I am experiencing their desires and motives are.  They won't allow me to feel good about mushroom use and I've had beautiful visionary learning experiences on Amanitas and Psilocybe that fit rightfully into a Christian framework.  They are trying to break my faith in the psychedelic experience and its just not Truth to deny it.

Sorry if I spill allot of personal beans.

Astonished at involving myself with psychedelics and Christianity.  Things get very real.



I have a very close schizophrenic friend, his ramblings have shown me time and time again what true madness is, it’s hard not to feel sane around him, so it’s hard for me to see your words as crazy.
Not to mention all the personally apocalyptic horror I went through during my shamanic initiation/spiritual crisis/awakening. (whatever you want to call it) I'm a hard man to stir in that manner.

I’m not entirely sure what you are asking or suggesting, but from my experience, the spirits, ancestors and other beings are very much aware of plant based shamanism… Not as a valid idea or belief, but as a pathway to that otherness in which they inhabit… The path once trodden may be forgotten to most of our species, grown over with metaphorical vegetation, but that wilderness still exists for us to walk into and get lost in and find ourselves… Die or become more alive…

Are you saying spirits are not allowing you to feel alright with this idea? Or religiously indoctrinated people?

I’ve always been one to honor my senses, listen to what I feel in my bones and my spirit… And I’d encourage you to honor yourself and listen to yourself and what feels right for yourself as well.


--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #15041163 -

I personally have a a deep problem with christianity per se. I think it has abused SO many people in its history. This belief system has invaded indigenous peoples land and communities and demanded they cease ancient rituals --including spiritual healing and shared mythology with psychoactive substances--which bound their community to each other and to the land and then built their fukin churches there drilling their dogma down everyones throats, and shipping their children off to their schools, and all this having the nerve to be supposedly representing a 'god of love'...?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #15041792 -

Quote:
Are you saying spirits are not allowing you to feel alright with this idea? Or religiously indoctrinated people?



It seems that they are parroting instruction from somewhere and they keep screaming 'NO MUSHROOM USE!'  The spirits.  But it seems that they are protecting people from cognitive dissonance or other anxieties about this ONE realization by doing so.  For the fucking sake of their comfort level.  I sincerely thought that Truth would matter.

Quote:
I’d encourage you to honor yourself and listen to yourself and what feels right for yourself as well.



Well, having had enough experience with psilocybin and some with A. Muscaria I did attain a state that I feel very right about.  They will not accept my method and express that I either broke in or am not allowed or it was illegal...  In honoring myself I'd like those experiences to be the foundation of my being but they destroy the thought process that gets you there and is a product of that experience.  What feels right now is maintaining my Truth of mushroom use in this context.  But, they are relentless and seem to get off on the idea that it hurts me to remember all this so they just keep hammering me with all the archetypal sentiment that this brings up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heretical Visionary Sacraments Amongst the Ecclesiastical Elite [Re: zzripz]
    #15043861 -

zzripz said:
I personally have a a deep problem with christianity per se. I think it has abused SO many people in its history. This belief system has invaded indigenous peoples land and communities and demanded they cease ancient rituals --including spiritual healing and shared mythology with psychoactive substances--which bound their community to each other and to the land and then built their fukin churches there drilling their dogma down everyones throats, and shipping their children off to their schools, and all this having the nerve to be supposedly representing a 'god of love'...?!



I understand your feelings completely… I had a problem with it for so long, but got to the point of utter rejection of anything but it’s raw roots and purpose. I’m still not a fan of Christianity… ESPECIALLY Mormonism… I don’t even want to get started on that bullshit.  One word is enough… Lamanite :facepalm:

It pains me to see my race and ancestors so adamant about Christianity… Robbed of their cultural identity and heritage… It still exists, but they care not largely due to their religious indoctrination.
It pains me the same way to see Native Americans all Christianized…
I can’t help but flash to the priests in Australia sterilizing the women aborigines…
Indeed angering…
Christianity has been the vehicle for so much evil...


FishOilTheKid said:
It seems that they are parroting instruction from somewhere and they keep screaming 'NO MUSHROOM USE!'  The spirits.  But it seems that they are protecting people from cognitive dissonance or other anxieties about this ONE realization by doing so.  For the fucking sake of their comfort level.  I sincerely thought that Truth would matter. ---

Well, having had enough experience with psilocybin and some with A. Muscaria I did attain a state that I feel very right about.  They will not accept my method and express that I either broke in or am not allowed or it was illegal...  In honoring myself I'd like those experiences to be the foundation of my being but they destroy the thought process that gets you there and is a product of that experience.  What feels right now is maintaining my Truth of mushroom use in this context.  But, they are relentless and seem to get off on the idea that it hurts me to remember all this so they just keep hammering me with all the archetypal sentiment that this brings up.



At first, I thought I would have no idea what you were talking about… What you are expressing here is something I have expressed to very, very few people.

It is now my turn to ā€˜spill some beans’

For two years I had been on a spiritual quest, expanding, deepening, growing wise beyond my young years… I honestly think I was too young to really understand what was happening to me at the time.
At this time, I was already experiencing spirits, not questioning, just accepting. Perhaps there was advantage to being as young as I was.
I ate mushrooms for my first time in this period, with the intention of spiritual growth.
The initial experience was not as intense as its fruits.

My psychic awareness went through the ceiling, I had peeled back a veil I had only had my head through and I reveled in it. I could sense what people were feeling, and even manipulated this in my benefit with a few girls.(Still can sense, but it is very much in check.) and occasionally could literally hear their thoughts. Sensing and feeling spirits and things of that nature was the norm.
I did not go through this alone… My brother woke up in this sense with me, perhaps so I would not go mad, because even then, I questioned my sanity… But when you have a person there next to you, experiencing everything you do, it makes it very, very real and reassuring that you are not mad, in fact, I questioned only once, in the beginning of it all…

This whole process is a very long story, which I am including in the book I am writing and will not go into here, but in the end, the spirits were constantly against me and the use of my plant teachers.
It got so bad at one point, that I got rid of all of my shamanic objects and fearfully attempted to reject all I had been through… Close the doors I had opened. So was the theme of my life in the months to follow.
But, the transformation had happened; there was no rejecting it… I had awoken and no matter how terrifying and different my life had become, it was time to make the journey to embody it to the best of my ability.

I was tormented by dark spirits for the following two and a half years. At one point, I wanted to kill myself, my family was terrified by what was happening and the spirits made them quite uncomfortable… I blamed myself. I lost my longtime girlfriend because she could not stand the horrible feelings these entities gave her… She grew tired of waking in the middle of the night with all of her hair standing on end, room silent, followed by me awaking screaming as something tried to enter my body.
It was the most difficult time of my life…..

To be honest? As crazy as it may sound, I feel it is spirits who are against the progression of human kind under the guise of good ones who are against the progressive potential psychedelics hold for our species. Halters of our transcendence.
What the hell are these ā€˜spirits’ and why do they want to help us or stop us?
Sometimes I wish it was as simple as the spirits that are a fragment of my own psyche, but when others experience them in that nature, there is no brushing them off.
It can be quite tricky.

It feels odd speaking of this topic, it has been so long…
It’s typically something I keep to myself, given it’s a personal aspect of being a ā€˜shaman’ (for a lack of better words)
What good does discussing this ontology do someone who can't access those states and doesn't experience spirits?… I tend to focus my energy on helping those around me grow, heal and become more aware.

As if it isn’t strange and confusing enough being brought forth into this husk of flesh and bone as the creature I am on this garden planet with the pale orb circling in the sky… You add the deepened layers of mystery and experience…. Forces one to find peace with the great question mark that presents itself in everything….


--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Eucharist
( 1 2 3 all )
Deviate 3,559 41 09/25/12 10:15 AM
by Himmlerite
* what is the purpose of the eucharist?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Sophistic Radiance 8,052 65 03/21/14 04:09 AM
by SeaShrooms
* I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 2,590 28 09/10/12 06:36 PM
by c0sm0nautt
* How to prepare the Eucharist for use in Ceremony (earthly part only) AsanteM 851 11 03/02/11 10:10 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Baptised in water and the holy spirit, MDMA the eucharist of our generation Moonshoe 926 7 06/10/14 07:01 AM
by Moonshoe
* Amanita Muscaria Myths: Not The Holy Sacrament "Soma" SpiritualWarrior 675 12 08/28/16 09:54 PM
by The Mycologist
* "Why It's Heretical to Read the Bible Literally" MarkostheGnostic 675 8 03/06/16 10:02 AM
by fivepointer
* recreation vs sacrament
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
tryptkaloids 4,790 83 10/30/22 11:13 PM
by Listen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
1,316 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.