Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Los Angeles
    #1502214 - 04/28/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So full of life back in the 50's and 60's. What ever happened to this great city? Whenever i hear of Los Angeles it's almost always about the horendous gang violence.

Whats life like over there? Are the beaches still crowded with groovey young people?

I'm supposed to fly over to L.A next month for a few weeks and i have no idea what to expect. Maybe be someone can give me an idea on whats going on and whats not...

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Los Angeles [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #1502274 - 04/28/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Dirty, nasty, infested with disease and full of idiots who don't even give 2 shits to learn the fucking language of the country they live in. If you get lost, don't bother to ask anyone for help, because they either won't know English or will be so fucking snobby they'll give you a dirty look and keep walking. Maps are about 100000x more helpfull than the locals.
Don't go downtown, unless of course you like seeing crack addicts, sleeping hobos, dead hobos, and people stuffing bodies into cars.
The beaches are overcrowded, filled with every fucked up type of person you could ever come across. You probably won't have to worry about that though, because the drive over the freeway to the beach will probably be a crawl through traffic and after about an hour or two of it and still not being halfway there, you'll probably want to end up somewhere airconditioned anyways.

I must admit though, LA sometimes does make a good 'fear and loathing' fuckedupness type setting for doing massive amounts of drugs

I <3 LA

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

Edited by Lyena (04/28/03 08:54 PM)

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Re: Los Angeles [Re: Lyena]
    #1502280 - 04/28/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

and now the pro...

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Offlinecupid
Trust noone

#1502579 - 04/28/03 09:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dirty, nasty, infested with disease and full of idiots who don't even give 2 shits to learn the fucking language of the country they live in.

precisley what makes it sooo much fun it gives you a chance to shit on people who don't even speak the language

Quote:

Don't go downtown, unless of course you like seeing crack addicts, sleeping hobos, dead hobos, and people stuffing bodies into cars.

hobos are fun, When I lived in the city I had a visit from a friend from the country. We get talking about nature and he talks about "cow tipping" or something so I tell him I never seen a cow, he gasps at this and I reply by asking him if he ever seen a crackhead get off of an Elevator !

Quote:

The beaches are overcrowded, filled with every fucked up type of person you could ever come across.

They sure are with lots of hotties of any "fucked up type" you like

Quote:

You probably won't have to worry about that though, because the drive over the freeway to the beach will probably be a crawl through traffic and after about an hour or two of it and still not being halfway there, you'll probably want to end up somewhere airconditioned anyways.

ALWAYS ALWAYS rent a car with airconditioning, and while on the subject of rental cars be sure to take out the optional insurance this can be great fun, if you like to drive around and hit things like this http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/1608/carframe.html

Quote:

I must admit though, LA sometimes does make a good 'fear and loathing' fuckedupness type setting for doing massive amounts of drugs

I <3 LA

Cupid Stunt

--------------------
Final last words... What's this button do ?

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Re: Los Angeles [Re: cupid]
    #1504021 - 04/29/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well so far L.A sounds like a fucking shithole. Looks like i may be canceling my trip...

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1504030 - 04/29/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Go to Northern California man. It's much cooler IMO
Much more beautiful and the people are alot kinder :laugh: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Re: Los Angeles [Re: chinacat72]
    #1504064 - 04/29/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sounds good, i'm always up for good people :laugh:.

What city should i look into? I know Sanfrancisco is nice but i hear its quite expensive :mad:

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1504116 - 04/29/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Depends on what your looking for but San Fran is great to visit( I lived their and it got a little old)
Santa Cruz is beautiful and full of heads.

If you really want to see the best go up to Eureka , Arcata, or Trinidad in Humbolt.
It's fucking beautiful up there man. Redwoods, the ocean and there's twice as many heads than "normal" folks.

I spent a summer on the beach in Trinidad. The Redwoods right behind me and the ocean in front. The beaches were full of creveses and little cliffs, and coves you could explore that were full of life. Saw my first whale there while I was tripping and it brought me to tears :grin: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (04/29/03 04:19 PM)

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Los Angeles [Re: cupid]
    #1505167 - 04/29/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

They sure are with lots of hotties of any "fucked up type" you like

Yes, but please don't forget the old fat men on the beach suntanning in sheer gstrings.

*shudder*

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1505828 - 04/29/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And the 'hotties' are bitchy whores.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1508529 - 04/30/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My choice would be: if I had to chose between northern cali, los angeles or camping in the redlands.
#1 SanFrancisco, GREAT city, everything you will ever want to see and close to everything youve ever missed.
#2 Humboldt or anywhere in the redlands/ emerald triangle area. Great camping, the most beautifull scenery in the world.
#3 Prision, I say this because LA is about as fun as prision. Once youve spent a day looking at all the shit in Hollywood, your done, their nothing left. You can go to the beach but theirs beaches all along California...

Think about SanDiego too, that way you can take a trip into Tijuana. SanDiego is pretty fun if you want to spend some cash and Tijuana is worth seeing for at least one day.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains