Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) Moar pics july 28th
    #14830372 -

another good few days of rain - and good timing brought some more little smithii up for a few good shots:awedance::headbanger: I have LOTS more pics to go through - photos were taken this last sunday:biggrin:

This one shows the nice cap color on a healthy teeny tiny fruit

Check out the bruising on this LITTLE guy - its f'n TINY
i knocked this one over with my fat ass:eek::eek: glad i spotted it before it was totally crushed:shocked:

And here is a pic showing a little pile of smithii - with the one still in the ground - next to some VERY common C.lactea

Got lots more to post hope you guys like the photos:cheers::shineon:


--------------------
http://

Edited by sporeRider (07/28/11 09:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: sporeRider]
    #14830395 -

wiscokid said:
another good few days of rain - and good timing brought some more little smithii up for a few good shots:awedance::headbanger: I have LOTS more pics to go through - photos were taken this last sunday:biggrin:

This one shows the nice cap color on a healthy teeny tiny fruit

Check out the bruising on this LITTLE guy - its f'n TINY
i knocked this one over with my fat ass:eek::eek: glad i spotted it before it was totally crushed:shocked:

And here is a pic showing a little pile of smithii - with the one still in the ground - next to some VERY common C.lactea

Got lots more to post hope you guys like the photos:cheers::shineon:




I love the fact that that second one has the specimen completely in focus. Great shots considering how tiny this mushroom is!

You ought to post them as another mushroomobserver observation!


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Ieponumos]
    #14830435 -

Thanks man:thumbup::mushroom2::heart:
I have quite a few NICE pics - just gotta keep searching the 120 pics to find my favs

And i appreciate it too man - i will make anothe M.O. observation!!!
AND they are F"N HARD to focus on - they are SOOOOOOOOOO f'n tiny
every time i get up there its a little better

it takes about a good half hr plus to clear the grass away at the base:wow:

ALso ive now noticed - my pics show a VERY similar habitat to the infamous National Audubon pic - im unsure if this species really inhabits "bogs"
it seems to fruit in sandy soil in the grass - also with pine needles around:cool:

Thanks man i will be posting up more pics as i can:cheers:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: sporeRider]
    #14830470 -

wiscokid said:
Thanks man:thumbup::mushroom2::heart:
I have quite a few NICE pics - just gotta keep searching the 120 pics to find my favs

And i appreciate it too man - i will make anothe M.O. observation!!!
AND they are F"N HARD to focus on - they are SOOOOOOOOOO f'n tiny
every time i get up there its a little better

it takes about a good half hr plus to clear the grass away at the base:wow:

ALso ive now noticed - my pics show a VERY similar habitat to the infamous National Audubon pic - im unsure if this species really inhabits "bogs"
it seems to fruit in sandy soil in the grass - also with pine needles around:cool:

Thanks man i will be posting up more pics as i can:cheers:



That comparison pic is perfect for any actives guide. When Stamets releases the next edition of the only whispered PMOTW, he needs to use your pics for this species for real.


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Ieponumos]
    #14830521 -

nice finds wisco. :cheers:
hope they treat you well.
cant wait to see more pics. keep em' coming. :super:

:stoned:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Ieponumos]
    #14830523 -

:headbanger: fuckin beauty man!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #14830636 -

Quote:
That comparison pic is perfect for any actives guide. When Stamets releases the next edition of the only whispered PMOTW, he needs to use your pics for this species for real.




Super :thanx: man :hatsoff: That would be Such a dream come true:awesomenod:

Quote:
nice finds wisco. :cheers:
hope they treat you well.
cant wait to see more pics. keep em' coming. :super:

:stoned:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm



Yo thanks man:headbanger: im very happy these atleast inhabit the area in small numbers after every rain storm:smile: i still REALLY REALLY want to time a HUGE flush again ( with some biggins too ):thumbup::thumbup:

Quote:
fuckin beauty man!!



Brother psylo YOUR AWESOME:jamming:
Much Thanks good man:thanx::mushroom2::heart:

im working on a few more to upload

Thanks for all the comments guys:smile::sun::shineon:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: sporeRider]
    #14830697 -

Awesome shots man:awedance: Super stoked you are finding more of them. Truly is a blessing:wink:


--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: NeoSporen]
    #14830808 -

Quote:
Awesome shots man:awedance: Super stoked you are finding more of them. Truly is a blessing:wink:




:bow2::bow2::headbanger: Thanks bfogg:cheers:

i kno these next pics aren't the best - but.................
Check out just how Fucking tiny these suckers are:wow::wow:


and that tiny one - check out how it bruised:biggrin::shocked:
So tiny yet looking soooooooooo fun:crazy2::biggrin:
the bruising is remarkable on some of them - def not a very common find in this state or area


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: sporeRider]
    #14830827 -

i still havent found any of my C cyanopus yet this year. 2 of my spots are still under water and my other spot i got kicked out of so i just have to wait.

ive been checking cemetaries lately just incase i bump into something like this and its amazing the diversity of mushrooms you find there! :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: sporeRider]
    #14830859 -

wiscokid said:





:drooling: That's some serious bruising:eek: I bet a good serving would make your hands really look like that:tongue2:


--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: NeoSporen]
    #14830866 -

wiscokid said:
Quote:
That comparison pic is perfect for any actives guide. When Stamets releases the next edition of the only whispered PMOTW, he needs to use your pics for this species for real.




Super :thanx: man :hatsoff: That would be Such a dream come true:awesomenod:




It's not like you haven't earned it searching those little buggers out!
bfogg8706 said:
wiscokid said:





:drooling: That's some serious bruising:eek: I bet a good serving would make your hands really look like that:tongue2:



Dude that effect on your palm is awesome.


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Ieponumos]
    #14830879 -

The blueing on such tiny samples is incredible. That second photo I was all  :wowz:

Awesome stuff!


Ieponumos said:
Dude that effect on your palm is awesome.



Makes that ring look badASS!


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: suchen]
    #14830897 -

suchen said:
Makes that ring look badASS!




Haha yea if I could get a wedding ring like that I would totally get married.

I can't though so I won't.

By the time I realized that they could get fingerprints from photos I already had hundreds of closeup pictures of my fingers online so I am like fuck it...I think all the authorities already know who I am anyway.  If not they are totally incompetent.  What are they going to do, break down my door like zomg I think you have mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #14830927 -

:rotfl: same here Alan - just tried that out for the first time - glad you all approve the "smudge" effect:rotfl:
Did kinda make the ring look like "lord of the rings" style:crazy2:

And bfogg - if you eat a fresh one for every pound of your body - your hands will look WAY cooler than that:awesomenod::wink:

the 2006 bio gave the most clear, clean , colorful, yet purely VISUAL experience EVER:trippinballs: was very short in duration ( 2.5hrs )  also which was kinda nice for a change:tongue:

I gotta get to bed here but will upload more pics tomaro and i will also make a M.O. observation tomaro too

:cheers: everyone Thanks for all the sweet comments:super::smile::shineon:

ANd wicked majik conocybe vibes TO ALL:bow2: Specially you psylo:jamming:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #14830982 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
suchen said:
Makes that ring look badASS!




Haha yea if I could get a wedding ring like that I would totally get married.

I can't though so I won't.

By the time I realized that they could get fingerprints from photos I already had hundreds of closeup pictures of my fingers online so I am like fuck it...I think all the authorities already know who I am anyway.  If not they are totally incompetent.  What are they going to do, break down my door like zomg I think you have mushrooms.



Pretty much this.


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #14831013 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
suchen said:
Makes that ring look badASS!




Haha yea if I could get a wedding ring like that I would totally get married.

I can't though so I won't.

By the time I realized that they could get fingerprints from photos I already had hundreds of closeup pictures of my fingers online so I am like fuck it...I think all the authorities already know who I am anyway.  If not they are totally incompetent.  What are they going to do, break down my door like zomg I think you have mushrooms.



That just made my day Alan, Thanks:datass:


--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: sporeRider]
    #14831718 -

nice find wiscokid!

i was going to say something about your palm print too, missed that boat though

only cool things i've been finding are massive bug eaten to shit bondarzewia berkeleyi

:sunny:


--------------------


my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: Ieponumos]
    #14834687 -

Sweet finds man! The caps of your smithii are much oranger then the caps of what I think are cyanopus.

side by side comparison



--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.



AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: C. Smithii 2011 - revisited :)) [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #14835589 -

maynardjameskeenan said:
Sweet finds man! The caps of your smithii are much oranger then the caps of what I think are cyanopus.

side by side comparison





Best way to do it.


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* conocybe smithii season has begun
( 1 2 3 all )
trigger 6,334 43 06/08/10 07:23 PM
by trigger
* Conocybe smithii and other LBMs (more pics+spore pics)
( 1 2 all )
paradise 4,494 33 08/01/10 07:32 AM
by paradise
* Conocybe smithii? Gymnopilus luteofolius? Bobzimmer 3,261 17 06/13/09 12:03 PM
by Mr. Mushrooms
* I believe I found Conocybe smithii fliped 2,462 3 03/26/03 07:42 PM
by mjshroomer
* CONOCYBE SMITHII - WI 2010 :)))
( 1 2 all )
sporeRider 4,505 38 08/01/10 04:24 PM
by paradise
* First Find (lots of pics) tranced2 1,945 9 06/20/02 09:07 PM
by StInvetroThomas
* Possible Conocybe smithii? (pics) breakyourface 2,020 5 05/11/09 03:54 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* Minnesota mushrooms(revisiting the past, w/pics) Lizard King 1,918 10 09/20/03 10:19 PM
by MagmaManiac

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,581 topic views. 1 members, 47 guests and 46 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.