Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. * 3
    #14673030 -

The dudes like 100 years old, and its his only source of entertainment. He's going to die lonely and senile, and all because of a stupid permaban.

Apparently.... Notapillow came into OTD and got flamed......and banned Paw. 

That's the most ridiculous ban I've ever heard of.  For one, Notapillow isn't a moderator in OTD and only moderates one section of the server, secondly, the warning description of OTD is well known to Notapillow.

Notapillow went way beyond his authority, banned for no good reason, and the forum is already over moderated in many spots.




The Pub for example has a moderator list which is ridiculous, half of those moderators don't even come on the forum anymore.  Many members quit when they see how over moderated the forum is.

I have noticed, and appreciate the fact that the forum has become more lenient than ever before.  I believe after the april fools day test, the realization that moderating was slightly extreme, helped to improve the overall community.  That day, without moderators, the forum was happy and enjoyed themselves.

I suggest banning members should be considered a last resort and much more infrequent than it has been.  We have lost way too many good regulars over the years to bannings.  Warnings, and final warnings should be attempted before any length of ban is dispensed.

I also believe that banning new members over small infractions leads to having a bad reputation for strict moderation on the interwebs.  I have heard numerous people say they heard how strict moderators were here, so obviously if it's getting around the web, it's out of hand.

And finally, I believe some moderators are banning for personal reasons.  Examples being not agreeing with a posters stance on something. 

In any case, I would reduce the number of moderators, especially ones who are inactive.  I would also suggest moderators only moderate the section they are authorized to. 

I'd like to finish by saying SA should be returned.  It was doing just fine, a few trolls could have been suspended from that section or warned, rather than closing it down.  It was a good section.

Thank you for listening, and hopefully considering some changes.

Your friend,

Rob/Irishdrunk


--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Irishdrunk] * 1
    #14673047 -

This moron in Mushroom cult spamming everything hasnt even been banned yet. Things are backwards here  :retawed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Irishdrunk] * 2
    #14673051 -

Irishdrunk said:
Apparently.... Notapillow came into OTD and got flamed......and banned Paw. 

That's the most ridiculous ban I've ever heard of.  For one, Notapillow isn't a moderator in OTD and only moderates one section of the server, secondly, the warning description of OTD is well known to Notapillow.

Notapillow went way beyond his authority, banned for no good reason, and the forum is already over moderated in many spots.



Hear, hear! I heartily agree! :congrats: This travesty has gone on long enough. LIFT THE BAN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #14673354 -

dont even bother "fighting the power" or making good arguments for your cause.

nothing will come of it. i have tried making these same (or similar) points on various occasions.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #14673360 -

Based on the records and situation I turned his lengthy ban into a 60 day one, which means that by now he's unbanned.


Quote:
I also believe that banning new members over small infractions leads to having a bad reputation for strict moderation on the interwebs.



The majority of banned new members who arent underage or spammers are royal asshats. I dont know where you hear that Shroomery reputation (4chan?) but I heard more allegations of low level of discourse because of moderator leniency.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Edited by Asante (06/26/11 02:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #14673363 -

Never give up, never stop fighting for your rights man!:rockon:


--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Asante]
    #14673375 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Based on the records and situation I turned his lengthy ban into a 60 day one, which means that by now he's unbanned.



Sweet, thanks bro!  I felt it was a little over the top for what he did as well, I'm thankful you took the time to review it. 

You guys have your hearts in the right place, just sometimes over react.  We're all human though, emotions can get out of control sometimes. 

Peace and love my bro.

:irishtoast:


--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Asante]
    #14673394 -

Thanks Wiccan! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Asante]
    #14673417 -

I'm really sorry guys, but I've told Paw in the past that the admins are not intervening on his behalf anymore, and I want to stick to that policy. This is due to a specific incident where I gave him the benefit of the doubt, overruled a mod's decision, and unbanned him - and he immediately and gratuitously repeated the same infraction. I know I made a note about it in his ban log, but he has so many stupid alternate accounts that it probably didn't come up when you were reviewing his history. Anyway, the dude was 100% operating on borrowed time in my opinion, and if one of our staff thinks he deserves a 666 day ban that's good enough for me. He can always speak directly with the mod in question and try to get his ban reduced if he wants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Ythan]
    #14673431 -

I understand, Y. I don't think anyone's been banned as much as he has. And he usually deserved it too. I just thought this latest one was really unfair. But I'll let him know that there's no help for him if he gets banned again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Ythan]
    #14673459 -

Yup, that was probably under an alt, didnt show in his immediate record.

Well, a lengthy ban it is then, barring negotiations with the moderator who banned him.

Still I think jumping from a former maximum of a 30 day ban to well into the 100s looks uneven modded, and the number of the beast, sounds like an unusual increment.

Is there a way user notes like that can be tacked to all proven puppets automatically?


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Ythan]
    #14673461 -

Maybe he could be restricted to OTD only?:awehigh:  He loves being pub banned....you could save some headache by pub-banning him ahead of time haha.:lol:  Then it would reduce his chances of being forum-wide banned.

Thanks guys, we'll try to make sure he's a good little Paw. 

:heart:


--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #14673469 -

That's a good idea. Keep him in OTD where he can smear his feces on the wall as much as he wants to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14673478 -

Aye, its like putting a straight jacket on him in a padded room, he can't hurt himself that way.


--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14673481 -

He'll have to convince the moderator who banned him to unban him, sorry.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Asante]
    #14673493 -

Tis ok Wiccan and Ythan, thanks for the help and everything.  Rules are rules and hopefully Notapillow visits soon and is forgiveful.  He hasn't been on in 3 weeks. :awelol:

I still love you guys, a round of positive karma for you both.  :hug: :ranchydance:


--------------------
:awesome:

Edited by Irishdrunk (06/26/11 03:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Asante] * 1
    #14673512 -

Aw, crap, really? :sad: I thought you could over ride Piller.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14673539 -

:sad:

Or at least ride over him, and back up a few times.:awelol:



--------------------
:awesome:

Edited by Irishdrunk (06/26/11 03:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #14675026 -

Wow, it's really lame Ythan had to inject his Paw-hatred into this when Wiccan was nice enough to be rational. I have no idea why it has to be such a big deal. Ridiculous.. :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ythan, Wiccan, please overturn Paw's permaban and consider some changes. [Re: Delicious Apes]
    #14675141 -

Opt-outs, meh. :shrug:


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Pretty pretty pretty please Mr. Ythan, Sir D'Gatz 1,049 4 04/20/99 06:18 PM
by Anonymous
* Re: ok, it's time to get serious (aphex and ythan esp) BoomerZ 941 2 06/10/00 02:37 AM
by Ythan
* Ythan plz help. Rono appears to be on a rampage again..
( 1 2 3 all )
Microcosmatrix 5,427 57 04/18/06 06:58 PM
by geokills
* God damn it Ythan
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,330 48 11/03/06 04:06 PM
by Banez
* Ythan, wtf TYL3R 1,007 13 03/04/08 01:17 AM
by Anno
* happy birthday ythan elsig 1,376 9 01/18/07 07:57 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Ythan: What of your proxy list? patchwork 974 5 10/13/05 08:43 AM
by Jim
* A 'Suggestion' to ban Ythan goobler 566 2 10/22/06 06:50 AM
by Ythan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
2,029 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 19 queries.