Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Doin' thangs irl
    #14672563 -

Anyone ever use the phrase doin' thangs in real life?



I've sort of thought of using it if someone'd ask me what i've been doing.


:aum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: skatealex2] * 1
    #14672582 -

i say it and my friends are like :dudewtf:

i try to keep my shroomery references to myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: DeliciousVinyl] * 1
    #14672586 -

I said it once but it was around a bunch of black people and we were eating chicken wangs and I don't think anyone really noticed.


--------------------


My Baby In MCLA


Fuckin Shit

Fuck that stay high

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: DeliciousVinyl]
    #14672590 -

I say that shit all the time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: skatealex2]
    #14672593 -

I say it all the time, mostly while doin' thangs. :aum:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: DeliciousVinyl]
    #14672600 -

DeliciousVinyl said:
i say it and my friends are like :dudewtf:

i try to keep my shroomery references to myself



this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #14672630 -

When I was a junkie me and my buddies would use it as code for a number of things, all of them associated with heroin.

For instance, if my buddy had called and said, "What are you doing?", and I was trying to get dope I might say, "I'm trying to do thangs."

Or if you were in the process of trying to collect money, calling/waiting on the dope boy, you might say, "I'm doing thangs." Usually how hopeful the inflection was told at what stage they were at in getting it and how hopeful it looked.

Or if I was on dope, or doing dope at that moment I'd say it, but this time with a happy contented/triumphant inflection.

Truly versatile

Now every time I see/hear that phrase I image the person using the way we did and laugh.:lol:


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #14672635 -

I love doin thangs..

I use it sometimes.. but thangs read sounds better than out loud

its one of those thangs


--------------------
★★★ ★

Edited by the human abstract (06/26/11 12:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: the human abstract]
    #14672655 -

I've said it and meant it

humorously,I recently got "cool story bro"d for the first time IRL aboot a week ago


--------------------
"Yeah, he's a professor...... OF BEING A DOG!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: DrMambo]
    #14672681 -

"Cool story bro" has been a sarcastic little asshole quip when you want someone to shut up in my town for a very long time.


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: The24HourMC]
    #14672823 -

The24HourMC said:
I said it once but it was around a bunch of black people and we were eating chicken wangs and I don't think anyone really noticed.



:header::laugh2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: skatealex2]
    #14672952 -

skatealex2 said:
Anyone ever use the phrase doin' thangs in real life?



I've sort of thought of using it if someone'd ask me what i've been doing.


:aum:



I slip it in here and there but it really doesn't get noticed


i think it is a much more worthwhile quest to BE doin thangs IRL, than be to saying the phrase


for me, the expression can be worth a lot more than silliness... for me it is like a philosophy of sorts
doin thangs is the most difficult yet simple thang there is to do in life

it is my life's work to strive/not-strive to achieve it


Quote:
I love doin thangs..

I use it sometimes.. but thangs read sounds better than out loud

its one of those thangs




I kinda thank so too



BUT

it is pretty epic when some old white cowboy type walks in at work and says "every thang is lovely" :ilold:


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Edited by the bizzle (06/26/11 02:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: the bizzle]
    #14673249 -

I've said it while drunk a few times. People just think I'm slurring my words..


--------------------




"Any rational person changes their mind when confronted with new evidence."



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: lacma50]
    #14673328 -

:lolsy:


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: the bizzle]
    #14673344 -

Even years ago my ex would tell me some long ass boring story about work that went nowhere. Id just say cool story bro

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doin' thangs irl [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #14673508 -

The Ecstatic said:
DeliciousVinyl said:
i say it and my friends are like :dudewtf:

i try to keep my shroomery references to myself



this.





Yup...


I still say random shit sometimes that would only be understood around here, then realize no one gets it.






:shineon:

.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who here thinks Obama is DOIN' THANGS
( 1 2 all )
Neuron 1,841 36 11/12/09 09:04 PM
by Prisoner#1
* doin thangs
( 1 2 all )
eastcoastremedy 1,012 24 06/20/11 03:13 AM
by mirage
* What exactly is doin thangs? Luc1d 471 10 02/09/11 06:48 PM
by Shins
* Planes doin thangs. The_Ghost 805 11 08/21/10 01:26 AM
by nopalero
* this baby was born doin thangs the bizzle 419 5 08/04/10 03:32 PM
by the bizzle
* Visions of Doin Thangs Envix 425 11 01/05/12 11:47 PM
by g00ru
* Watcha doin'? Doin Thangs 292 3 07/22/11 07:40 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Doin thangs with old friends' ex's
( 1 2 all )
PreparationH 2,226 32 11/27/10 04:05 PM
by the bizzle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
645 topic views. 7 members, 342 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.