Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My guitar is acting weird, anyone?
    #14651051 -

I have an Art & Lutherie acoustic guitar that I've had for about 7 years and it's been perfect.

Recently I restrung it with these "custom light" strings:

http://www.amazon.com/Elixir-Strings-Acoustic-6-String-NANOWEB/dp/B0002E1O7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308713763&sr=8-2

Normally I used regular light of the same brand.

This time while restringing I found out that it doesn't matter if you take all the strings off, so I used this opportunity to spiff up my fretboard, but while I was taking my strings off the nut fell off. I didn't have any glue or anything so I just put it back on and it's being held by the tension of the strings.

The nut looks like it's oriented great, but my guitar keeps going out of tune and, strangely enough, it's usually above where it's supposed to be.

Could this really be the problem? Or is this a bad batch of strings?

This is kind of driving me crazy because my guitar has always been super reliable as far as tuning goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My guitar is acting weird, anyone? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #14651083 -

Put your old strings back on and find out?  Sorry I'm not much of a musician

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My guitar is acting weird, anyone? [Re: ShroomyJohn]
    #14651103 -

It's the nut, but the strings could be the culprit.  Play for a few hours and tune up everytime you hear the bitch go out.  Eventually the strings will stretch out and loose the twang and stay in tune.  If this doesn't happen the problem in the nut, glue it in place.


--------------------
trip·ping (trpng)
verb.
                                                                  1. to be a sensible man, embodied by a fool, and presently at peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My guitar is acting weird, anyone? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #14651121 -

Your nut should never just fall off.  I don't know what kind of glue they use to glue those things on there, but you can probably do it yourself. If this is a guitar you plan on using on stage or for anything professional, I'd probably go to a guitar repair shop and have them do it to make sure everything is intonated properly.  And since your nut is already off and if you plan on using this gauge of strings permanently you might want to get a whole new nut that is filed to fit those gauge of strings


--------------------
[quote]
Free.Your.Mind said:
jesus btw had part alien DNA
how do you think was able to preform miracles?
i look at the bible from a scientific stand point [/quote]            :africaface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Buying a Guitar
( 1 2 all )
Comfortably_Numb 5,178 33 12/07/04 05:24 PM
by Jim
* 6 string Bass
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 6,555 50 11/30/05 07:42 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Learning Guitar
( 1 2 all )
ChopperDave 5,787 32 10/21/03 12:10 PM
by fireworks_god
* low price guitars?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,193 22 12/04/03 11:56 AM
by SJR
* My Crappy Guitar sui 811 11 12/02/04 12:41 AM
by browndustin
* sundance film "The Six-string Samarai" love2zen 906 7 04/02/04 03:27 AM
by FirstAvailable
* Bass guitar
( 1 2 all )
PDU 4,302 32 09/12/03 10:36 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* My New Guitar!
( 1 2 all )
Osker246 3,356 22 06/25/04 02:13 PM
by toad857

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
222 topic views. 3 members, 25 guests and 154 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.