Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSS32
Stranger
Loc: elsewhere
No threads on Lulzsec?
    #14644713 - 06/20/11 07:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: SS32]
    #14644727 - 06/20/11 07:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:shiftyeyes:

Offlineguywiththegun
Shroom Chewer/Beer Brewer
Male User Gallery

Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: TYL3R]
    #14644742 - 06/20/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"WE ARE SO TOTALLY SENDING 500 PIZZAS TO THE WHITE HOUSE AND TAKING THEIR WEBSITE OFFLINE!" -Anonymous

--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

OfflineSS32
Stranger
Loc: elsewhere
Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #14644786 - 06/20/11 07:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

They've taken down http://www.soca.gov.uk/ whatever that is, as well as hacked Brink's servers and stole the information from 200k users.

http://twitter.com/#!/lulzsec

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: SS32] * 1
    #14646582 - 06/21/11 01:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have begun disbelievinf LulzSec even exists.

What are they doing? Throwing user/password lists on the web, EXACTLY the thing that would cause thev most ourcry from random internet users for more control and policing of the internet.

I really am starting to think..

LulzSec = CIA

and the objective is to expand internet control through false flag attacks.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: Asante]
    #14646595 - 06/21/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I made a thread about a week ago about how they would bring nothing but bad news for us regular internet folk and speculated they may even be the government :tinfoil: though I think this less likely. Probably just a bunch of guys on their computers who are going to get fucked by the giant dragonforce penis that is the law soon enough. They do nothing noble despite people's early crusades about how they were internet vigilanties - they are just a bunch of douchebags who search big name websites for weaknesses, exploit them and laugh at what they cause. For the lulz.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: gzuf]
    #14646627 - 06/21/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

they are just a bunch of douchebags who search big name websites for weaknesses, exploit them and laugh at what they cause. For the lulz.

I don't think its that innocent. Lulz is posting Goatse all over a church website, its not compromising the identity of hundreds of thousands of average joes.

I really think the objective here is to antagonize the average internet crowd.

Rule number one of guerilla warfare is that you ALWAYS keep the approval and support of the locals on your side. Thats not being adhered to.

Everyone is thinking "dammit what if they crack Site X and put all my shit out in the open?" and many will think "I hope the government will stop them before it gets so far"

You can only effect draconian measures curbing privacy by a tragic case that many feel warrants drastic measures. Its the modus operandi of all governments, create or promote a tragedy, then pass the laws sailing on the outrage of the people.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #14646628 - 06/21/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

What are they doing? Throwing user/password lists on the web, EXACTLY the thing that would cause thev most ourcry from random internet users for more control and policing of the internet.

LulzSec = CIA

Take that crap to the conspiracy room or its banhammer time!!!:durrhurr:

But seriously, its just an offshoot of anonymous but the people want more praise for their attacks.  Anonymous is completely anonymous, leaving no praise for the person or people who do the work. lulzsec is actually naming themselves something other than just anonymous because they want fame, they want jobs in security once they get caught, they want more than to be an anonymous person within an anonymous group.

Lulzsecurity is all about the lulz and in the end the gov will have the last lulz, because it will be easier to find a small organized group with a name than ten thousand anonymous hackers and a hundred thousand script kiddies/ddos flood spewers.

Anonymous is virtually invulnerable unless a member screws up and admits to being a member when pressured by authorities.  Otherwise, he just goes to prison and no one finds out he was ever anonymous.  Lulzsecurity on the other hand, is organized and its members know each other, so if one goes down and the pressure is on, he could give up names, and then lulzsec is done.  It's much better to be anonymous than to have an organized group with a name the CIA etc can target. 

--------------------
:awesome:

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #14646650 - 06/21/11 02:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

they are just a bunch of douchebags who search big name websites for weaknesses, exploit them and laugh at what they cause. For the lulz.

I don't think its that innocent. Lulz is posting Goatse all over a church website, its not compromising the identity of hundreds of thousands of average joes.

I really think the objective here is to antagonize the average internet crowd.

Rule number one of guerilla warfare is that you ALWAYS keep the approval and support of the locals on your side. Thats not being adhered to.

Everyone is thinking "dammit what if they crack Site X and put all my shit out in the open?" and many will think "I hope the government will stop them before it gets so far"

You can only effect draconian measures curbing privacy by a tragic case that many feel warrants drastic measures. Its the modus operandi of all governments, create or promote a tragedy, then pass the laws sailing on the outrage of the people.

So events such as the anthrax attacks after 9/11 were the governments way of showing they needed to tighten mail security?  I would suggest the opposite, that these people and the anthrax attacks, were individual citizens who decided to cause a little damage in order to point out vulnerabilities TO the government.  The government is reactive, they are never proactive.  So in order to get their attention to a vulnerability, you have to make a scene.  I think Lulzsec is doing it for lulz, and to show these companies and the government that the internet is unsecure and needs security.  They are basically pointing out the problems before something bigger happens like an enemy-government run cyber attack to shut down US markets and cripple the economy.  These citizens are doing it proactively, so that the government reacts and takes notice to the obvious lack of security online.  The anthrax was a little extreme, but it got the job done.  Just like leaking secret government reports to wikileaks helped to show the government that secrets are very vulnerable to theft.  It's not the government doing it to themselves, its the public doing it to show the government what's weak in the system so that we don't end up China's bitches.

--------------------
:awesome:

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #14646707 - 06/21/11 02:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Irishdrunk said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

LulzSec = CIA

Take that crap to the conspiracy room or its banhammer time!!!:durrhurr:

But seriously, its just an offshoot of anonymous but the people want more praise for their attacks.  Anonymous is completely anonymous, leaving no praise for the person or people who do the work. lulzsec is actually naming themselves something other than just anonymous because they want fame, they want jobs in security once they get caught, they want more than to be an anonymous person within an anonymous group.

Lulzsecurity is all about the lulz and in the end the gov will have the last lulz, because it will be easier to find a small organized group with a name than ten thousand anonymous hackers and a hundred thousand script kiddies/ddos flood spewers.

Anonymous is virtually invulnerable unless a member screws up and admits to being a member when pressured by authorities.  Otherwise, he just goes to prison and no one finds out he was ever anonymous.  Lulzsecurity on the other hand, is organized and its members know each other, so if one goes down and the pressure is on, he could give up names, and then lulzsec is done.  It's much better to be anonymous than to have an organized group with a name the CIA etc can target. 

Anonymous is completely anonymous. :lolsy: anonymous means without name. a group named Anonymous isn't.

looters, violent people, and government provocateurs wear masks. marting luther king jr didnt' need a mask, ghandi didn't need a mask, malcolm x didn't need a mask. ron paul doesn't need a mask

let the police see your face as they shoot it off

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
If NIST didn't even investigate whether explosives were used, how can we trust their investigation? It's a rule whenever explosions are heard.
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com
anonymous: without name
Anonymous: a group with a name
don't be fooled, have a revolution on your own terms.

Edited by linkamathingy (06/21/11 02:50 AM)

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: No threads on Lulzsec? [Re: linkamathingy]
    #14646744 - 06/21/11 03:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My parents genration says dont post stuff on the internet you dont want other people to look at and they're right.

My generation whines that their information is being hacked and videogame time lol is ruined while updating their facebook.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals