Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture.
    #14485610 -

Lets get ready for rapture with draw Mohammed day!

Quote:
Everybody Draw Mohammed Day was an event held on 20 May 2010 in support of free speech, specifically in opposition to those who threaten violence against artists who draw representations of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad. It began as a protest against censorship of an American television show, South Park, "201" by its distributor, Comedy Central, in response to death threats against some of those responsible for the segment. Observance of the day began with a drawing posted on the Internet on April 20, 2010, accompanied by text suggesting that "everybody" create a drawing representing Muhammad, on May 20, 2010, as a protest against efforts to limit freedom of speech.

U.S. cartoonist Molly Norris of Seattle, Washington, created the artwork in reaction to Internet death threats that had been made against cartoonists Trey Parker and Matt Stone for depicting Muhammad in an episode of South Park. Depictions of Muhammad are explicitly forbidden by a few hadiths (sayings of and about Muhammad), though not by the Qur'an. Postings on RevolutionMuslim.com (under the pen name Abu Talha al-Amrikee; later identified as Zachary Adam Chesser) had said that Parker and Stone could wind up like Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was shot to death by a Muslim extremist, who afterwards pinned a letter to his body with a knife. The individuals running the website later denied that the postings were threats, although they were widely perceived as such.




Gotta keep those militant censors on there feet.



I can't draw with a mouse... obviously, where is yours?

Edited by 4runner (05/20/11 06:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner]
    #14485615 -

:noway:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #14485620 -

Sorry ellenallien, I thought about you. Don't mean to mock a religion, just the crazy ones that think killing someone for a picture is justified.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #14485630 -

On printed circuit boards, all grounds are usually tied to MECCA ground.

I can't draw. Sorry.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #14485652 -

I'd do one but I don't want a fatwa on my black ass. :chillin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: ifoundwaldo] * 1
    #14485667 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Sticky Green]
    #14485673 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner]
    #14485696 -

I dont see the point in blatantly picking a fight with someone just because their views arent favorable.

I could understand if drawing Mohammed would make them lighten up, but it wont. This falls into the "two wrongs do not make a right"  argument.


Its only gonna piss people off, not wake anybody up.  Why do it?  It only furthers the stereotypes about both sides.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #14485828 -

Just making fun of the extremest. Just like messing with Scientology or the Fred Phelps gang, I see no difference.

It's all in fun. I toned down the picture because that was a little over the top I guess.

But when these crazies and no I don't mean all Muslims start getting stuff censored everywhere and cut peoples heads off for cartoons. I mean come on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner]
    #14485859 -

as long as there's no bad talking on āʾishaʾh all is good :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner] * 1
    #14485860 -

anunnakian said:
It's all in fun. I toned down the picture because that was a little over the top I guess.



You fool, you've censored yourself!

:feelsweirdman: <Muhammed


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Devlish2]
    #14485873 -

I thought the same too, but.. it was a little much I guess and I don't want to be tracked down hehe

It's been a good days, I haven't had to use my AK. Don't want to start tomorrow. I mean there was a training camp in my state...


So no other pictures?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner] * 1
    #14485881 -

anunnakian said:
Just making fun of the extremest. Just like messing with Scientology or the Fred Phelps gang, I see no difference.

It's all in fun. I toned down the picture because that was a little over the top I guess.

But when these crazies and no I don't mean all Muslims start getting stuff censored everywhere and cut peoples heads off for cartoons. I mean come on.




I completely agree with you. I was just feeling especially superior when I made that reply.

I forgot about the "its all for teh lulz"  way of life.

But this isnt one that I am going to take time out to partake in. I could see if it did some good and made people think "why the fuck do I care if someone portrays Mohamed", and hell, for all I know it might.





EDIT: :braindamage:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Devlish2]
    #14485895 -

Devlish2 said:
You fool, you've censored yourself!



i respect he did the right thing :hug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #14486663 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner]
    #14486717 -

Here is my submission!
:yinyang2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 4runner]
    #14486747 -

Shout out to my boy mohammED!


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: twighead]
    #14486802 -

Don't get my wrong, I love offensive acts of free speech just as much as the next guy, but you guys do know that Mohammad was a peaceful and enlightened guy, right?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 28064212]
    #14486824 -

28064212 said:
Don't get my wrong, I love offensive acts of free speech just as much as the next guy, but you guys do know that Mohammad was a peaceful and enlightened guy, right?





:thumbup:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd annual draw Mohammed day. Just in time for rapture. [Re: 28064212]
    #14486888 -

28064212 said:
Don't get my wrong, I love offensive acts of free speech just as much as the next guy, but you guys do know that Mohammad was a peaceful and enlightened guy, right?




Is the Koran not more or less - Muhammads word?

Why would he say things like
"Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme." 2:193
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39
O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54
Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them 47:4
[9.123] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 10/22-The Second Annual Pirates Incident Rebirtha 493 2 10/16/05 01:22 PM
by Dimmy
* Anyone here going to the 2nd annual Silicon Beach Burn! pfgdude 341 1 07/07/06 02:17 AM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* Mohammed Art? (he who must not be drawn)
( 1 2 3 all )
bmiles 3,847 41 04/27/08 06:23 AM
by Mad_Larkin
* South Park recieving Terrorists Threats For Showing Mohammed
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Coaster 6,302 79 04/24/10 07:08 PM
by hotbod
* The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail tak 1,196 10 09/05/06 04:02 PM
by HeadTripVertigo
* stoned drawings goop 1,063 5 07/25/08 07:56 PM
by Gumby
* foreshadowed drawing zappa 485 3 03/24/06 03:07 PM
by inv3rse
* LOL...making cash off of people who think the Rapture is coming... NastyDHL 921 18 08/20/09 01:54 PM
by NastyDHL

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,214 topic views. 8 members, 7 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.