Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Netflix! [Re: Noetical]
    #13798830 -

I've got Netflix in Canada, like to watch from my Wii.

There's lots of fun stuff, as long as you're willing to be creative with search terms.

Have to remember to watch Thankskilling, it looks silly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: Verrin Rabe]
    #13798852 -

I actually prefer watching netflix content on my PS3.
For the simple reason that the wii doesn't have HD content.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: DF2K]
    #13798869 -

I like it.

The quality of blu-ray discs is still far superior to anything streamed IMO.  I don't watch more than a couple movies a week, so it's just as convenient to walk to the mailbox.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: FuzedBox]
    #13798883 -

FuzedBox said:
Netflix is great and all, but most people don't see how it can be such an economy breaker... Go to any small town and you'll find most of the family owned video rentals are gone. Convenience, my ass; people need that business.



This is the one time I have to side with capitalism. The Blockbuster/small-town rental shop model is dead. I should spend more money, drive to and back to the rental store and be charged late fees so the shop owner/chain can benefit? Don't think so man.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: Noetical]
    #13798893 -

Noetical said:
I am a Canuck and just got the streaming one through my Wii.

Pretty poor selection in terms of up to date content.

But the documentary and nature section is top drawer. If you like BBC/PBS style docs its well worth it.



I wonder, I had tried to stream netflix through my xbox360 and it sucked ass. You need to use a computer and push the video to it using some weird method. Using a computer you get a lot of browsing. On the 360 you have a small selection from what they want you to see. I wonder if that is just what you are seeing?

Oh and watch "The Universe" "Yellowstone: Battle for Life(all 3 episodes)"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: DF2K]
    #13799027 -

DF2K said:
I actually prefer watching netflix content on my PS3.
For the simple reason that the wii doesn't have HD content.



I've got both, and the quality was far superior coming from the Wii. My PS3 had very poor resolution.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: 4runner]
    #13799069 -

I haven't had any of those problems streaming to my roommates 360. I love it. They've also added more movies and added a search feature. It's so great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: bryguy27007]
    #13799310 -

netflix is the shit, i hardly ever watch regular tv any more


--------------------
everything i post is entirely fictional
"and then one day you find 10 years have got behind you no one told you when to run...you missed the starting gun"

"for long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: Verrin Rabe]
    #13799618 -

Verrin Rabe said:
I've got both, and the quality was far superior coming from the Wii. My PS3 had very poor resolution.



Do you use standard AV connection or HDMI?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: 4runner]
    #13799704 -

anunnakian said:
I can get movies that are still int eh theater my way.



i cant understand how people do this..

if i try to pirate a movie that is still in the theater the quality is always god fucking awful.. id rather wait 3 months and grab the bluray rip.


some movies it doesnt really matter.. others its blasphemy to even consider watching it on anything smaller than a 50" display in full HD..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: frith]
    #13801754 -

Netflix has a pretty wide-selection of very watchable documentaries. I just finished watching The Vice Guide to Travel, and Bomb this!
I recommend those, and Exit through the Gift shop to anyone.


--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: DF2K]
    #13802031 -

Try icefilms.info

It has a huge selection and the quality is great.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: Idiot]
    #13802141 -

I have it an like it somewhat I have had two dvds here for over a month an have not watched either should have sent them back long ago.  Thats a big problem for me, when the video stores were around here you pretty much watched them in a day or two cause if you didnt you got a late charge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: Hook420]
    #13802291 -

You have a point about late charges, that was big motivators for people to watch movies in a certain time frame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Netflix! [Re: DF2K]
    #13802313 -

DF2K said:
Anybody have an account?

I live in Canada, So all we have here is the streaming version.
I find the selection to be pretty decent (even though the USA version has a TON of more content)

Thought, suggestions.....

I have heard Hulu is pretty cool to, although I'm geo-locked from using it.
I have tried using proxy servers...but they all suck, or get shut down :0(



thepiratebay.org

use torrents, the new printing press


--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
If NIST didn't even investigate whether explosives were used, how can we trust their investigation? It's a rule whenever explosions are heard.
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com
anonymous: without name
Anonymous: a group with a name
don't be fooled, have a revolution on your own terms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Netflix
( 1 2 all )
skatealex2 5,262 38 01/31/10 05:31 PM
by skatealex2
* Blockbuster vs. Netflix
( 1 2 all )
Banez 7,335 36 06/18/07 12:34 AM
by TM
* Netflix v Blockbuster? Gijith 2,484 15 08/11/06 06:14 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* I accidently sent Netflix one of own dvds or cds it may have been a pirated one oops UnholyChild666 827 5 08/28/08 08:10 AM
by UnholyChild666
* netflix movies Phychotron 2,128 18 11/02/04 03:12 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* NetFlix itsbreck 2,974 15 10/26/06 03:39 PM
by slackerjack
* Netflix movies - "availablity unknown" LearyfanS 7,218 9 11/22/10 02:46 PM
by Learyfan
* Netflix Konnrade 1,374 6 05/31/07 08:08 PM
by Konnrade

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,697 topic views. 2 members, 7 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.