Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
time to start.....
    #1371943 -

...the poppies? its 60 degrees out and sunny. the snow has almost completely melted. another quick question.....are the store bought poppy seeds still tazmanians? thanks


--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: sancho]
    #1372216 -

You should have them in the ground already.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: Ripple]
    #1372224 -

The snow around here as finally melted away exposing some soil as well as the temps finally warmed up, my poppies this year will be lagging badly..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: neuro]
    #1372994 -

You can plant them in the spring. They will be a bit smaller though, but no skin off your back. Start them ASAP if the weather permits. Some cold helps germination.

I DO know that Durkee gourmet and Spice island are tazzies. A few other brands are Dutch Blue specifically for seed. Best of luck to you.
Peace
Flat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: flatalbert]
    #1377662 -

I have a few questions about poppies as well. Exactly how damaging is snow to poppies? I am thinking about sowing now but we still have a few snows coming(I live in Colorado). When exactly is the best time to plant?


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: Cherk]
    #1387846 -

Man, noboby gave you any info yet?  I've heard March-April and also May.  I think it depends what zone you're in, cold in necessary for germination.  If you're in Mtns., it probably wont matter, since it gets cold every night.  I know some people plant in Fall.  So my advice would be to plant a few now, plant more once you know the it won't be snowing anymore.

I have a question too, I'm planting some in outdoor pots, so that i can bring them in when i start to harvest.  I'm not too concerned about yield, i just want to know if anyone's tried this.  How many plants will survive in a 1, 3, or 5 gallon pot? 
Would 2 plants per 3 gallon or 4 plants per 5 gallon be OK?

Thanks :laugh:
 


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: flatalbert]
    #1388160 -

I can normally plant them now no problem, but the snow has been really thick here and there is a rather large thick layer of ice under that which is deep into the soil.

I will have to wait for the soil to thaw out in the coming weeks, so they won't get planted until the weather has become considerably warmer. Stunting my poppies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: sancho]
    #1395344 -

Does anybody else have problems with their poppies falling over? Mine will get a few weeks old then just fall over. Most continue to grow from there but a few die. Is this normal? If not, how can I prevent this?


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: time to start..... [Re: Cherk]
    #1399911 -

Quote:
Does anybody else have problems with their poppies falling over? Mine will get a few weeks old then just fall over. Most continue to grow from there but a few die. Is this normal? If not, how can I prevent this?


I always have this problem also. I was told to let a fan blow over them for short periods over the course of the day for their young life. Haven't successfully tried this yet w/out accidently drying them out and killing them.


--------------------
- uno

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are Tazmanian poppies hard to grow? ShroomNoob03 2,667 4 03/29/05 10:30 AM
by Anonymous
* Salvia Problem!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
psylo33o 4,378 24 12/09/05 01:21 PM
by Millennium
* L. leonurus problems(PICS) Gumby 1,234 5 09/03/02 07:04 AM
by psylo33o
* Salvia problem... psylo33o 1,168 8 02/01/03 09:51 PM
by psylo33o
* Problems with my salvia plants psyconaut 2,293 13 07/06/02 05:07 AM
by psyconaut
* Holy cow! Trying to start Paulownia trees! BigJohnson 1,453 4 04/26/03 07:56 PM
by BigJohnson
* Tips for Getting Marijuana Started Outdoors HidingInPlainSight 2,109 17 03/27/03 03:49 PM
by dobinky
* Siniucichi and spider mites problem.. psylo33o 1,210 5 02/25/03 02:12 PM
by felixhigh

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
739 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.