Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Salomon]
    #13632247 -

Its not as easy as 'just stopping'. Sure if you have that mindset it becomes easier, but it doesn't make your BODY stop CRAVING a substance. Benzo's make you super addicted, a day without your xanax and you'll bug out, just like a crack fiend.

It sucks when your BODY is telling you that you need something like water, or else your going to die. There's nothing like being a slave to a drug.

:\

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Youshouldknowabc]
    #13632265 -

It's a drug in which after a certain point, when you're solidly addicted, you have to keep taking in order to quit.

Which can make things tricky. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Salomon]
    #13632267 -

uuuuuuummmmm


Salomon said:
then ween off of them slowly, until it's all together stopped?



i still don't see the problem




and also, yea there are bound to be negative side effects brought about from quitting.

but you just gotta deal with it. it's not like you didn't bring it upon yourself by using so much in the first place. (not addressing anybody specifically)


you reap what you sow.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Salomon]
    #13632271 -

I never said stopping the use of drugs wouldn't help, on the contrary, it's necessary. However you couldn't be more wrong when you said that "it's as simple as not buying/ingesting these drugs". First of all, assuming he does just that, he could die. Physical dependency is no joke, especially where benzos are concerned. Second of all, drug use is just a symptom of addiction, it's not the core issue.

Unless you're an addict you can't possibly understand what it's like.

I was strung-out for years, and believe me, it's not that fucking easy as just wanting to stop & stopping. I had to go through a whole lot of hell & try all kinds of shit to get better before I finally got clean. There is whole lot of hard work involved in getting & staying clean.........and you don't stop being an addict when the drugs are out of the picture. That's when the work really begins, recovery is a life-long process.


OP, I'd recommend having some sort of medical supervision to wean off & detox. Doing it myself never worked out for me. Good luck brother, keep your head up. :hug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Dark_Star]
    #13632293 -

Dark_Star said:
Salomon said:
stop thinking that this isn't as simple as not buying/ ingesting these drugs.


if you want to stop, then stop.



if you want to stop and don't stop, then STFU.:crankey:




:facepalm:  You obviously know nothing about addiction.



You obviously like to hide behind your own lack of self control :facepalm:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #13632442 -

:lol: Whatever dude. You nothing about me. I'm not hiding from or behind anything. On the contrary, I accept myself for who I am. I know a lot about addiction, because I'm a recovering addict. I tried "self-control" for years, and it didn't work. Drugs were never really the problem, my uncontrollable use of drugs was just the most obvious symptom of the real problem; myself. My brain's wired differently than most folks. And I'm OK with that today. Once I was able to accept all of this & get the help I needed, freedom of choice was restored me. I choose to stay clean & recover.

I'm pretty fucking happy without drugs, and I don't need to use them anymore. Nor do I think they're "bad" though. If you can get down & not have a problem, then by all means, rage on.  I'm not giving anyone shit for getting high, I'm giving the perspective of one who has been down in the hole & made it out alive, back into the light.

As I said, if you're not an addict, you can never understand what it's like.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Dark_Star]
    #13632519 -

cold turkey of benzos after a year is not a great idea but if you must then be my guest.

Ive been fucking with phenazepam lately...its incredible.

but yea,


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Hakim0777]
    #13632906 -

Reduce your intake by half each week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Fernis]
    #13632946 -

Salomons right no matter which way you cut it theres really only one step to becoming a non addict and thats just not using plain and simple with benzo's and alcohol you gotta taper down slowly but its still the same one step concept.


Fuckin  stunning in its simplicity eh.


--------------------
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.-George Orwell-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Enigma of Ankou]
    #13633184 -

i think some of you have me all wrong. im not to th point to where ill die if i stop using. im to the point to where it can go down hill from here or i can just stop which im going to just stop.


--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Dunno]
    #13638861 -

well i made it through the entire day without taking any. i did take 2mgs when i got home and another mg about an hour later. soon ill take 750mgs of methocarbolam(sp?) and some melatonin and chill the rest of the night.


--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i think im slowly becoming a benzo addict [Re: Dunno]
    #13642135 -

Dunno said:
well i made it through the entire day without taking any. i did take 2mgs when i got home and another mg about an hour later. soon ill take 750mgs of methocarbolam(sp?) and some melatonin and chill the rest of the night.



:thumbup:

Moderation is key. Keep lowering how much you take, or keep making the time in between you take them longer. You can do this!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* goin' slowly YouEnjoyMyself 720 10 05/11/04 12:45 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* The Ultimate Drug Addict Toolbar beta..
( 1 2 all )
DigitalDuality 2,631 21 05/17/04 11:47 PM
by Hooty
* are you addicted to the shroomery?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,921 30 01/04/04 12:13 PM
by shirley knott
* Klonopin
( 1 2 all )
Redstorm 3,238 21 08/16/05 11:33 PM
by Signo
* I think I'm an addict...... DatDaNK420 1,311 12 03/17/04 02:09 PM
by abhi
* HELP!! i'm addicted to the shroomery!
( 1 2 all )
underground 3,031 24 09/07/03 02:51 PM
by Shroomism
* Addicted to your computer Anonymous 2,679 19 06/09/13 03:20 PM
by Eggtimer
* Jane's Addiction
( 1 2 all )
Dankman 2,803 34 06/20/13 10:15 PM
by Shining Cosmos

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,956 topic views. 3 members, 397 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.