Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: kush420]
    #13407175 -

You don't need it.  MP3's at 320 or even 256 are fine and they actually play in my car stereo, unlike FLAC and they're much smaller.

I noticed you guys didn't say anything about me subtracting winrar and Itunes:smile:

I fucking hate rar'd files, especially compressed video, music and pictures.  They don't get any smaller.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: twighead]
    #13407198 -

twighead said:
Huy! What's wrong with FLACs?



It does not play on my car stereo. Mp3's will.
But yeah, Flac > MP3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: 4runner]
    #13407217 -

In quality it's superior, there is no doubt, but after 320, probably at 256, I can't hear a difference and that's with rock music with lots of cymbals, which is just noise at 128 or below, even 192 I can hear it sometimes, but anything over 256 is lossed on me, so I don't bother.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: CycleThoughts]
    #13407257 -

Ya know that is the truth. Unless you have good ears and a stellar set of headphones or one expensive speaker set up ya don't need to much. It is those darn audiophile junkies that look down upon us mp3 listeners.:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: 4runner]
    #13407944 -

anunnakian said:
Ya know that is the truth. Unless you have good ears and a stellar set of headphones or one expensive speaker set up ya don't need to much. It is those darn audiophile junkies that look down upon us mp3 listeners.:grin:



All those Flac lossless listening hippies. I want the fucking live music, but I don't want to have to deal with fucking 100mb songs!


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: CycleThoughts]
    #13408688 -

CycleThoughts said:
I noticed you guys didn't say anything about me subtracting winrar and Itunes:)

I fucking hate rar'd files, especially compressed video, music and pictures.  They don't get any smaller.



Winrar is for mediafire/megaupload type stuff where you can only upload one file at a time, making an entire album one rar file reduces the amount of shit you need to up/download.  IMO if you find a torrent for an album in a rar file pass it up and look for something not rar'd. 

As far as iTunes I could go either way on it, it's a resource hog but it simple and slick.  Although, more and more I've been noticing that the quality of a program has nothing to do with how slick it looks.  I've actually made winamp exactly like the iTunes set up so now the only thing I use it for is my iPod.  I've even tried installing the winamp iPod plug in to get rid of iTunes all together but that doesn't support my 4th gen nano.  Un/fortunately my iPod has gotten the shit beat out of it and will probably die soon allowing me to buy a different brand of mp3 player.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Limewire is gone for good [Re: Idiot]
    #13412539 -

I didn't read this thread really so sorry if I'm repeating something already said,
but limewire is one of the worst ways to download your music - inconsistent quality, mislabled songs, viruses, etc.

I always use torrents from thepiratebay.org, and they are always good. You can download a whole album in the time you download one song on limewire. And it will be higher quality. Get either bittorrent or transmission to download them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats the best way to download Torrents and never get caught? DragonChaser 1,119 10 11/08/08 10:43 AM
by Effed
* Pink Floyd Live at Live8 - Download torrent here!
( 1 2 all )
mikeyboy 3,455 20 07/12/05 12:18 PM
by mikeyboy
* Newbie's Beginners' Guide to Torrenting
( 1 2 3 4 all )
NewbieS 10,428 78 09/10/12 05:23 PM
by Newbie
* thank god for torrents!!!
( 1 2 all )
PilzeEssen 1,976 27 05/01/08 05:36 AM
by Prisoner#1
* . z_x_x_z 1,547 19 06/15/06 07:58 PM
by DieSpectra
* My Top 6 British U.K Films Ever Torrent Downloads ( AlChiNo's PiCK ) Link Allows Download Of Films alchino23 11,297 4 08/14/07 11:14 AM
by alchino23
* Best British U.K Comedy Torrents Downloads ALL SEASONS ( AlChiNo's PiCK )
( 1 2 all )
alchino23 54,710 21 08/14/07 11:02 AM
by alchino23
* What else is similar to limewire?
( 1 2 all )
cube talk 7,541 24 11/02/08 09:44 PM
by Newbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,326 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 291 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.