Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Macumba]
    #13241787 -

That sig.. :lolsy:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: The_Ghost]
    #13241801 -

celph cntrl


--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: fabstab]
    #13242060 -

Funny, I was about to make a thread in regards to keeping the munchies in check...



Lately for some reason I've been demolishing quite a random array of foods when I toke, and the worse part is I usually smoke in the evening so my stomach is filled before i go to sleep :nonono: :smirk:


But I have a relatively fast metabolism for now so not much happens as far as weight gain, I don't understand this considering how much food I put down...

And lately I have been trying to munch on at least real whole foods, and less processed stuff...Though Taco Bell does summon me every once in a while  :grin: ...



I've noticed that heavy Indicas are the strains that tend to give me the munchies, and some Sativas almost suppress my appetite







abltsandwich said:
The only time munchies haven't obliterated all semblance of self-control was when I ate a mango about an hour before toking.  Theoretically, the terpenes in the mango potentiate the actives in pot and get you higher.  IDK if I got more high, but I definitely didn't have even the slightest munchies.  And I always get munchies.




I had a thread a little while back on the Mango thing>>>

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10405554#10405554





I've tried it probably 6 times or so now and it definitely has worked for me.








:stoner:



.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Walrus_Infested]
    #13242071 -

Walrus_Infested said:
I've never had a mango before. I might go ride my bike to the store to pick one up right now. Are they better cold or room temperature?



Go buy some mangos right fucking now. Eat them nice n' warm or at room temp.


--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: FuzedBox]
    #13242090 -

FuzedBox said:
Walrus_Infested said:
I've never had a mango before. I might go ride my bike to the store to pick one up right now. Are they better cold or room temperature?



Go buy some mangos right fucking now. Eat them nice n' warm or at room temp.





Just be sure to cut em up and discard the skin, Mango peel/skins contain Urushiol, same stuff in Poison Oak & Poison Ivy...Causes allergic skin rashes, no fun if that shit gets on your lips...







:stoner:








.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: openmind]
    #13242131 -

openmind said:
Just be sure to cut em up and discard the skin, Mango peel/skins contain Urushiol, same stuff in Poison Oak & Poison Ivy...Causes allergic skin rashes, no fun if that shit gets on your lips



well shit, thanks for the heads-up

i'm kinda surprised i haven't heard that before
sounds like the kind of factoid that deserves to get around


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: laserpig]
    #13242245 -

laserpig said:
openmind said:
Just be sure to cut em up and discard the skin, Mango peel/skins contain Urushiol, same stuff in Poison Oak & Poison Ivy...Causes allergic skin rashes, no fun if that shit gets on your lips



well shit, thanks for the heads-up

i'm kinda surprised i haven't heard that before
sounds like the kind of factoid that deserves to get around





Haha, yea I don't think most people have, until they bite into one and learn the hard way...


I think most people cut up and skin their mango before eating it anyway...



I'm not sure how concentrated the urushiol is, probably depends on the species and growing conditions among other variables. But people have been known to get the rash on their lips from biting into a mango rather than cutting it up...








:stoner:





.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: openmind]
    #13242291 -

I don't really get the munchies anymore either.

Although I've got munchies right now...And there's a delissio in the freezer


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: fabstab]
    #13242303 -

Munch out on baby carrots and hummus instead of junk food.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: openmind]
    #13242306 -

I get :vaped: while my meal is baking or microwaving or whatever method I use. If I'm frying something where it might burn I'd just :flyhigh: beforehand.

I got my medical marijuana recommendation due to my anorexia. The munchies have saved my life! :lol:


--------------------
DG
:plur:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: fabstab]
    #13242431 -

SIMPLE SOLUTION: SMOKE METH! SNORT COCAINE!

FUCK YO MUNCHIES!





































Yes, capslock was completely necessary for that. But for reals... I always eat garbage when I get the munchies too. Haven't found a way around that either. Shit that's good for me just doesn't taste as awesome as a box of Taquitos does. :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Gumby]
    #13242442 -

the solution is simply stop urself from eating before you eat :shrug2: sounds hard i know but its a pretty easy concept when u think about it. yes meth would work too but its not good for u either.


--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: fabstab]
    #13242448 -

Just buy the 5 lb bars of chocolate, you'll save money


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #13242450 -

Doctor_Dick said:
the solution is simply stop urself from eating before you eat :shrug2: sounds hard i know but its a pretty easy concept when u think about it. yes meth would work too but its not good for u either.



Pffft, that shit turns you into superman who doesn't need sleep or food. How can that not be good for you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Gumby]
    #13242469 -

y would you want to stop munchies thats like one of the five best parts about smoking weed. enhancing of the senses mang indulge urself in all of them


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Envix]
    #13242472 -

Cuz I don't wanna get fat and shit out a kitten the next morning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Envix]
    #13242473 -

haha yea if all superman did was pace back and forth and look out the window every 5 minutes


--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #13242538 -

I too often end up stuffing myself after smoking.  For me, eating before hand never really helped, I might eat a little less while high, but still way too much.

The only thing thats worked for me, and I do this pretty much every time now, is downing 1-2 liters of water soon after smoking.  Like as soon as I get "the hunger" I down a liter of ice water.  Also, for me chewing gum, or sucking on some sort of long lasting candy like jolly ranchers, fends off the beast quite well.


TL; DR,  Lots of ice water, and jolly ranchers. 

Good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: poppin123]
    #13242553 -

Word, I forgot about that. Ice water definitely helps. And gum. And smoking cigarettes... But that's not the best option.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: controlling munchies [Re: FuzedBox]
    #13244648 -

FuzedBox said:
Go buy some mangos right fucking now. Eat them nice n' warm or at room temp.



Dude I went out last night and got me a fucking mango, now what the fuck do I do with it?:justdontknow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I got the weed munchies really bad, so look what I ate...
( 1 2 all )
DiploidM 4,772 30 07/19/06 08:20 PM
by Organic
* your favorite munchies
( 1 2 all )
mungojerry 3,735 27 05/01/07 10:31 PM
by sweetsweet
* Munchies.. blu3 933 7 07/15/04 01:34 PM
by Madtowntripper
* name your munchies
( 1 2 3 all )
thegatewaydrug 3,232 42 07/15/05 04:07 PM
by Todcasil
* favorite munchie foods
( 1 2 all )
cappincrunk 2,334 23 01/29/06 05:41 PM
by notapillow
* Amazing munchie food and drink, anyone? Lun4e 1,789 18 06/07/05 10:42 PM
by WildCardsRevenge
* Munchie Cure sirbojangles 911 8 09/02/07 12:01 PM
by pong
* MUNCHIES T0aD 1,030 5 11/14/02 10:52 AM
by T0aD

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,496 topic views. 3 members, 7 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.