Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: Ekstaza]
    #12886985 - 07/12/10 12:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

your the first person on the internet to have it all figured out

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: 2859558484]
    #12889030 - 07/12/10 07:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nope, I just don't fall for unsubstantiated claims through blind faith.

These are not qualities I believe to be of any use.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is not for me to substantiate every claim made to me. It is up to the person making the claim to provide proof. That demands that they be able to show first hand knowledge of the fact. Sacred books are not evidence. Word of mouth is not evidence. Proof must be evident to all who require it. If proof cannot be made available, the claim cannot be verified and therefore has not been proven to be true. When enough evidence is present, so as to make the claim all but impossible to deny, it is considered to be true. If science can prove it false, then so be it.

So no, I don't know everything, however, there are some things for which the lack of evidence is so overwhelming, that the only logical conclusion at this time is that they most likely do not exist.

Have a nice day

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: Ekstaza]
    #12891558 - 07/13/10 07:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You are downright hilarious.

First of all you really expect me to believe an unsubstantiated and outraegeous claim that indiginous peoples focused on survival and saving previous life really had time for trial and error, double blind, placebo ect.

A simple search on ethnography would reveal the truth of how indiginous medicines come about. Ecology, observation, myth and word of mouth. Not trial and error. Where is there room for error if you eat a random herb and you die?

The problem with you Ekstaza is you have missed the point entirely. You shouldn't be asking HOW they came about to discover such things. Thats your "oh-so-greater-than-thou" western paradigmn monkey brain spewing liquid feces. You need to ask WHY. thats the important question. Only when you become unconcerned with the extraeneous details of the matter will you start to learn what really matters.

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Loc: Luxury
Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: 2859558484]
    #12891668 - 07/13/10 08:29 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
it is pretty widely reported that grafted or soil grown peyote are real weak compared to the real deal.

No

--------------------
Whoop whoop.
Pull over that ass. Too fat.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: Big L]
    #12891954 - 07/13/10 10:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Big L said:
Quote:

wowitch17 said:
it is pretty widely reported that grafted or soil grown peyote are real weak compared to the real deal.

No

I have tried medicine from the peyotero's down south and from a friend's cultivated collection at his house. The medicine from the peyoteros are consistently stronger.

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Loc: Luxury
Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #12892204 - 07/13/10 11:09 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Were they equal size and age?

A 20 year old Loph picked from the wild will certainly be stronger than a 5 year old cultivated one.

--------------------
Whoop whoop.
Pull over that ass. Too fat.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: Big L]
    #12892275 - 07/13/10 11:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Big L said:
Were they equal size and age?

to be honest the medicine that was cultivated was more bloated with water and therefore larger. The ones from the garden were probably the same age but slightly smaller - all over 7 years at least. There's no telling how old the dried ones are.

Im not saying the cultivated ones were extremely weak, just higher in water content and therefore not as bitter/alakloidal as the wild. I honestly prefer medicine that has grown in nature but in NAC meetings you get a mix of both usually.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: In Deep South Texas, peyote harvest dwindling [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #12901720 - 07/15/10 03:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

Ekstaza said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You are downright hilarious.

Thank you, I'll be here all day, Thank you.

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
First of all you really expect me to believe an unsubstantiated and outraegeous claim that indiginous peoples focused on survival and saving previous life really had time for trial and error, double blind, placebo ect.

It's call Occam's razor. All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually correct.

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
  A simple search on ethnography would reveal the truth of how indiginous medicines come about. Ecology, observation, myth and word of mouth. Not trial and error. Where is there room for error if you eat a random herb and you die?

Geez Louise, of course they observed somethings that helped them to figure things out but get real here. They were not scientific about their selections. Also, They didn't make these discoveries in a single generation. They happened over thousands of years. Probably even before people started using language as we know it, today. Our ancestors could have been making these discoveries before even home erectus came about. Do you seriously expect me to believe they had any clue what they were doing?

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
The problem with you Ekstaza is you have missed the point entirely. You shouldn't be asking HOW they came about to discover such things. Thats your "oh-so-greater-than-thou" western paradigmn monkey brain spewing liquid feces. You need to ask WHY. thats the important question. Only when you become unconcerned with the extraeneous details of the matter will you start to learn what really matters.

I take it I should rely on some kind of faith for my answers of "how". No thank you!!! That's a path to un-enlightenment.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order