Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Bubblers
    #12699420 -

So recently i've been considering buying a glass bubbler. I'm leaning towards getting a hammer style, i'm kind of tied between that and a shirlock. Definitely none of that sidecar bullshit though. I guess the point of this thread is to ask for your opinions on bubblers. Are the hits really noticeably smoother then a normal spoon pipe? What are the cons of having a bubbler? 

Share your thoughts.


--------------------


01:21:35 ‹Enlil› I know how to handle the cock

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers *DELETED* [Re: The Boat]
    #12699492 -

Post deleted by Buckthorn

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: Buckthorn]
    #12699545 -

Enpo said:
I'm also interested in buying a bubbler. I searched through all of the headshops in Woodstock and they were all pretty lame but I found this one store that had some nice sherlocks and some small hammers. I've never actually smoked out of a bubbler though

:bobmarley:



Me neither, i've never really been interested in bubblers until now. One day I was looking at a video of someone hitting a bubbler and I realised having one might be pretty :awepixel:


--------------------


01:21:35 ‹Enlil› I know how to handle the cock

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: The Boat]
    #12699567 -

Definitely go for the hammer style. They are much less likely to break than any of the other ones because they sit easily on a desk or table. There's no balancing act involved when you sit it down and they last a lot longer. Especially if they are blown thick. I've knocked mine over countless times on my glass-topped desk and, despite getting bong water all over my pants, it still lived.

Here's me bubbler that has lasted about 2-3 years:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: Gumby]
    #12699652 -

Probably the biggest con of having a bubbler is how likely you are to break it. Sherlocks look cool, but as Gumby said a well balanced hammer is much easier to deal with and more likely to have sturdy thick glass.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: The Boat]
    #12699661 -

Bubbler hits are definitely noticeably smoother than a dry pipe not quite as smooth as a bong depending on how much water it holds. What I dont like about bubblers is they can't hold ice.

They are also a lot higher maintenance, they get dirty fast and are a bitch to clean, I use iso and salt to clean it after every 10-15 uses and rinse it out and change the water after every bowl which isn't needed but I hate a dirty water pipe.

But they are really nice to have if you dont have the money or space for a bong.

This is my sherlock bubbler and I love it, its by far my favorite peice. I'd say bubbles are definitely worth getting.


--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: volcomstoner]
    #12699676 -

Go for the sherlock they're pretty awesome! Just make sure it has a flat bottom, mine is a little weird so it's hard to balance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: volcomstoner]
    #12699708 -

volcomstoner said:
They are also a lot higher maintenance, they get dirty fast and are a bitch to clean, I use iso and salt to clean it after every 10-15 uses and rinse it out and change the water after every bowl which isn't needed but I hate a dirty water pipe.




Yeah, I completely agree. They are a huge bitch to clean so I tried a few different methods. It gets the cleanest with acetone and salt. Just gotta make sure to vent it when you're shaking it up because the acetone goes to gas really fast when you're holding it. I've had uh... bong acetone sprayed on me a few times.

Speaking of bubblers, I'm about to go run mine under hot water. I do that about every 10=15 smokes then do the acetone/salt bath and shake once a month or so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: Glenners]
    #12699747 -

My sherlock seems to be pretty well balanced, havent knocked it over once in the 2 1\2 years ive had it:shrug:

Oh and another problem I've had, was the downstem getting clogged when you dont clean it that was a bitch when I wanted to smoke out of it but the downstem was completely PACKED with resin, haha.

But now I clean it regularily enough for it not to happen.


--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: volcomstoner]
    #12701820 -

They do clog, but if you have a screen and remove the ash after every bowl (I just blow into the bowl) then it's pretty easy to maintain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: Glenners]
    #12701834 -

damn i wish i still had my frosted sherlock bub :sad:

had to give it to my friend for "stealing" his cactus.  even tho the place we were living at got ropo'd :facepalm:

i pretty much like all bubbler except side cars.. those things get nasty and theyre hard to clean and even harder to hit.


--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: The Boat]
    #12701926 -

The water gets dirty fast. They are a bitch to replenish with new water.

I will never buy one again.  Bongs all the way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #12702022 -

Sidecar>Hammer>sherlock

Sidecars are my favorite kind of pipe personally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: The Boat]
    #12702026 -

Yesssss, bubblers are my favorite.  They are easy to break though, and a bitch to clean, like they said above.  But I absolutely love them.

I have a hammer right now that is great, the first hammer style bubbler i've owned.  It's nice because it sits up on its own without spilling water everywhere, but other than that I don't like it as much as the sherlocks.  I can put more water in a sherlock without it jumping up into the stem, and I like the looks of them better.

But if you've never owned a bubbler, I would highly recommend it.  Smoke is smoother and tastier than with dry pipes for sure.


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #12702027 -

resin water spilling machines

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: StriplessRED]
    #12702032 -

bubs are good pipes.
The only prob with most bubblers is that their too small to hold a good amount of water and the stems are usually to short to be efficient unless you spend like 50$+...


--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #12702103 -

yes you need to spend a little change to get a decent one

i find the high out of a bubbler to be very intense not like a bong tho

edit:

ive been looking for a triple blown bub like this one.  i like how the stem is on an angle, doesnt just go straight up

http://laurelsmokeshop.com/images/colored%20sherlock%20bubbler.JPG


--------------------
★★★ ★

Edited by the human abstract (06/07/10 09:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: the human abstract]
    #12702780 -

I hate pouring ash out the carb, and a bunch of chunks of shit being stuck in there. ew.

Bongs all the way, and any alcohol or ketone, pinch of rock salt, + a little lemon juice or vinegar, is the magic recipe for a clean piece.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bubblers [Re: RRhoads]
    #12702801 -

Bubblers are cool. Personally I just smoke out of one of my bongs.


--------------------
14:31

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New bubbler Cepheus 785 10 08/21/08 08:56 PM
by PeterGriffin467
* Bubblers
( 1 2 all )
gdman 4,127 33 07/21/04 03:31 PM
by Phychotron
* Need a good website to buy a bubbler from. $70-100 to spend. Ron 748 1 02/29/12 09:51 AM
by BargainBab
* Bubbler
( 1 2 all )
whiterabbit13 2,617 25 05/02/04 08:33 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* new sherlock BanJankri 931 12 08/16/05 02:59 AM
by BanJankri
* My new bubbler *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Quintessence 2,401 28 08/31/03 10:09 PM
by Quintessence
* Haha, these Sherlock Holmes fans... ivi 577 0 12/28/04 03:50 AM
by ivi
* Guy Ritchies New Movie Sherlock Holmes lmfsmoke 2,012 19 12/26/09 01:47 PM
by lmfsmoke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,430 topic views. 2 members, 21 guests and 201 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.