Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI
    #12460475 -

Come forage the forest and win prizes for baging themost morels in 90 minutes.After the hunt,Feast on mushroom dishes from area restaurants at the Taste of Morels.
If you would like more info just google "morel Mushroom Festival". It is a great time and a great place to test your skills on hunting mush.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12460488 -

I've only found about a dozen so far this year.

Morel mushrooms are DAMMMMMMMN good.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12460495 -

I looked at the website last night, seems like it could be promising but I dont know what my schedule will be like.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12460504 -

I found my fifth one today. Central Indiana is still pretty dry but the ground is finally retaining some moistness and the earth temperature is warming up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12460515 -

Kada said:
I've only found about a dozen so far this year.

Morel mushrooms are DAMMMMMMMN good.



This fest has it all!
Very much worth the drive IMO.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12460519 -

I've found about 35 in total all this spring.
We got rain and I need to get out and look one more time because it's getting late here.
A friend gave me a couple pounds though so it's looking like I'll be heating some oil tonight or tomorrow.:crazy2:


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12460526 -

gngsteroflove said:
I've found about 35 in total all this spring.
We got rain and I need to get out and look one more time because it's getting late here.
A friend gave me a couple pounds though so it's looking like I'll be heating some oil tonight or tomorrow.:crazy2:



Must be nice :awesomenod:
I hope to walk home with a nice bag myself.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12460689 -

anti-flag said:
Come forage the forest and win prizes for baging themost morels in 90 minutes.After the hunt,Feast on mushroom dishes from area restaurants at the Taste of Morels.
If you would like more info just google "morel Mushroom Festival". It is a great time and a great place to test your skills on hunting mush.



Hey so I'm guessing your from around northern michigan too eh? I'm from the Mesick area (between traverse and cadillac) where we have our own "Mesick Mushroom Festival". We are the self proclaimed "Mushroom Capital Of The World". Mothers Day weekend, the 7-9. So one weekend before. I imagine many of the festivities are the same. Never heard of the one in Boyne though. There is just too many festivals to keep track of in the summer up north a festival every week non-stop until winter pretty much.

Edited by pretzel_king (04/26/10 04:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: pretzel_king]
    #12461271 -

pretzel_king said:
anti-flag said:
Come forage the forest and win prizes for baging themost morels in 90 minutes.After the hunt,Feast on mushroom dishes from area restaurants at the Taste of Morels.
If you would like more info just google "morel Mushroom Festival". It is a great time and a great place to test your skills on hunting mush.



Hey so I'm guessing your from around northern michigan too eh? I'm from the Mesick area (between traverse and cadillac) where we have our own "Mesick Mushroom Festival". We are the self proclaimed "Mushroom Capital Of The World". Mothers Day weekend, the 7-9. So one weekend before. I imagine many of the festivities are the same. Never heard of the one in Boyne though. There is just too many festivals to keep track of in the summer up north a festival every week non-stop until winter pretty much.



sweet,I'm around the detroit metro area but go up north for just about everthing.
I have only heard of this fest I posted. I was not aware of anymore.
How are the mush up by you?
I have found only 3 so far,of course I'm in the city so I have to drive 30 mins to find parks ect...


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12461366 -

Usually the morels are pretty good. Mesick kind of sits on the edge of two state forests so there is literally thousands of acres of wilderness if you feel adventurous enough. I live right across the street from a seasonal road that cuts through a big portion of one of the forest and I also live on 40 acres of semi wooded land so I get mushrooms only a short walk/drive away. Right now I'm in the UP finishing up my semester at Tech so I haven't had the chance to go hunting yet but this weekend I'm going for sure, should be pretty good hunting we have been getting enough rain downstate and its been warm enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: pretzel_king]
    #12473178 -

Check this out! I found most of these all in the same spot. All under a walnut tree that had broken branches and leaves all over. Ground Score!!!



--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12473185 -

Kada said:
Check this out! I found most of these all in the same spot. All under a walnut tree that had broken branches and leaves all over. Ground Score!!!




:crazy2:
In Michigan? What area?


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12473199 -

I found these in North Eastern Indiana.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12473234 -

Kada said:
I found these in North Eastern Indiana.



Lucky! You guys just had rain not to long ago.
We should have got alot but it missed us.
I hope this weekend it's wet then upper 50's.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12473260 -

It's perfect right now for them. We had rain all weekend and now it's about 60-65 out.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12473374 -

Kada, I'm on my way. Our season is all but over and I'm only a couple/few hundred miles south of you.
I'll bring bacon!


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12473384 -

gngsteroflove said:
Kada, I'm on my way. Our season is all but over and I'm only a couple/few hundred miles south of you.
I'll bring bacon!



I'm only 4 hours away,we should have a party :electrickoolaid:


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12473427 -

We could meet at Turkey Run, get baked and raft down the river.
I'd go.
I'll bring world famous bloody mary's if someone brings the post graduate womens volley ball team.:grin:


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12473517 -

very nice this volley team you say yes...:borat:


--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Edited by anti-flag (04/28/10 07:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12511417 -

I am kind of disappointed to see the black morels are gone already, but grays and white are fine with me. I have only found 5 so far and I went pretty much all day saturday lets hope this rain the last few days gets them popping up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kansas Man Picks Giant Mushroom Blastrid 1,748 2 05/03/03 12:26 PM
by Adom
* my 50th post
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
maastmike 4,895 100 01/07/08 05:31 PM
by Sell Your Soul
* 50th Post
( 1 2 all )
TurnAround 1,640 36 03/29/08 02:43 AM
by impgl
* my 50th post polyflakes 448 11 04/19/08 01:50 PM
by Robo
* Some good gatherings/festivals in the NE this summer? Delyrium 1,828 15 05/30/03 01:30 PM
by Anonymous
* Festivals//concerts. Intheneed 1,268 5 03/26/03 03:14 PM
by bjkroll
* Infected Mushroom coming to Canada! RuNE 1,656 14 06/30/03 10:06 PM
by fIsh in my head
* Terrapin Hill Harvest Festival peruvian spark 1,028 4 09/18/03 05:55 PM
by HarvestTheBrain

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,485 topic views. 3 members, 10 guests and 193 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.