Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
T-Mobile just overdrafted my account, do I have any form of recourse?
    #12373705 -

I've been with t-mobile for over a year now and have had them set up to automatically do an e-check from my checking account for my bill each month.  The bill is due on the 20th of the month and I just looked at my checking statements, they usually take the money out between the 16th and the 20th.  Well this month they took it out friday morning! I get paid tomorrow and my account is in the red right now.  Is there any form of recourse I have against t-mobile? I called customer service and Akhmed basically told me its my responsibility to ensure there is enough money in my checking account. I told him it was their responsibility to not take my money ten days early. I mean, thats 30% of the month!!!  my bank doesn't have 24hr customer service for this kind of issue so I'm screwed on that end till tomorrow. just curious if there is any thing I should do to prepare, or just hope that enough bitching will get the money refunded.
edit: and to make matter's worse, my bill is normally $92 and they withdrew $114.24?!?! WTF?!


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Edited by nismo2491 (04/11/10 04:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: T-Mobile just overdrafted my account, do I have any form of recourse? [Re: nismo2491]
    #12374377 -

nismo2491 said:
I've been with t-mobile for over a year now and have had them set up to automatically do an e-check from my checking account for my bill each month.  The bill is due on the 20th of the month and I just looked at my checking statements, they usually take the money out between the 16th and the 20th.  Well this month they took it out friday morning! I get paid tomorrow and my account is in the red right now.  Is there any form of recourse I have against t-mobile? I called customer service and Akhmed basically told me its my responsibility to ensure there is enough money in my checking account. I told him it was their responsibility to not take my money ten days early. I mean, thats 30% of the month!!!  my bank doesn't have 24hr customer service for this kind of issue so I'm screwed on that end till tomorrow. just curious if there is any thing I should do to prepare, or just hope that enough bitching will get the money refunded.
edit: and to make matter's worse, my bill is normally $92 and they withdrew $114.24?!?! WTF?!



nismo2491 said:
I've been with t-mobile for over a year now and have had them set up to automatically do an e-check from my checking account for my bill each month.  The bill is due on the 20th of the month and I just looked at my checking statements, they usually take the money out between the 16th and the 20th.  Well this month they took it out friday morning! I get paid tomorrow and my account is in the red right now.  Is there any form of recourse I have against t-mobile? I called customer service and Akhmed basically told me its my responsibility to ensure there is enough money in my checking account. I told him it was their responsibility to not take my money ten days early. I mean, thats 30% of the month!!!  my bank doesn't have 24hr customer service for this kind of issue so I'm screwed on that end till tomorrow. just curious if there is any thing I should do to prepare, or just hope that enough bitching will get the money refunded.
edit: and to make matter's worse, my bill is normally $92 and they withdrew $114.24?!?! WTF?!



Talk to your bank manager about reversing the charges. You usually have to fill out a form and they ask why on the form or sometimes the manager asks why and tell them that those charges were unauthorized.Its definitely unauthorized if it isnt the amount thats due and especially if its not charged during the specified time period that it's supposed to be charged. This usually absolves you of any overdraft fees as well.

Ive had issues with companies pulling similar BS and Ive won every time by doing what I outlined above.

Most bank managers are pretty friendly and will side with you as they see this sort of issues with companies often.All the bank managers Ive ever dealt with were pretty cool people.It doesnt take much time to do either and most companies wont contest it. At the least it will save your ass and buy you time until your check arrives and then just pay whats due and you're gold.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: T-Mobile just overdrafted my account, do I have any form of recourse? [Re: nismo2491]
    #12390802 -

Stop authorizing automatic access to your bank account.  Cancel all of them.  Nobody gets to my account without a court order.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: T-Mobile just overdrafted my account, do I have any form of recourse? [Re: nismo2491]
    #12391081 -

nismo2491 said:
I've been with t-mobile for over a year now and have had them set up to automatically do an e-check from my checking account for my bill each month.  The bill is due on the 20th of the month and I just looked at my checking statements, they usually take the money out between the 16th and the 20th.  Well this month they took it out friday morning! I get paid tomorrow and my account is in the red right now.  Is there any form of recourse I have against t-mobile? I called customer service and Akhmed basically told me its my responsibility to ensure there is enough money in my checking account. I told him it was their responsibility to not take my money ten days early. I mean, thats 30% of the month!!!  my bank doesn't have 24hr customer service for this kind of issue so I'm screwed on that end till tomorrow. just curious if there is any thing I should do to prepare, or just hope that enough bitching will get the money refunded.
edit: and to make matter's worse, my bill is normally $92 and they withdrew $114.24?!?! WTF?!



When you sign up for auto draft from an account, you typically agree to a ton of concessions in the fine print. I'm sure when the money is drafted from your account is covered in it. You should probably find and read the agreement. That will let you know if you will have any recourse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Overdrafting Banks Intentionally
( 1 2 all )
Arden 7,738 28 09/20/09 04:59 AM
by MisterMuscaria
* Always dispute overdraft fees Brennus 9,876 10 12/16/08 10:05 PM
by havasurider
* overdraft for tuition Disco_Wallace 555 2 12/04/09 07:17 AM
by Trance104
* OverDrafted(ed) Konyap 290 0 01/03/10 10:48 PM
by Konyap
* Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects
( 1 2 3 4 ... 579 580 )
geokillsA 293,922 11,598 09/21/26 01:42 PM
by tomnl
* Interesting information on how the scumbags rip you off at your bank. Should be ILLEGAL.
( 1 2 all )
mushroomhunter10 6,100 39 08/17/09 08:13 AM
by legallyhomeless
* STOCKS - An Intro Tutorial & Ongoing Discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 324 325 )
geokillsA 317,961 6,495 08/17/26 06:42 AM
by Gorlax
* Theives wear suits. Protect your money! Herrik 798 6 08/02/10 07:07 AM
by Crumpet

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, automan
945 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.