Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?!
    #12258878 -

Ok, so I ordered from three different vendors this past month. I ordered from Mycopath on the 10th and Mycosupply a bit later, and sporeworks last week. Then I went on vacation for a week. When I came back I expected to reap all the bounty at my P.O. Box...

The results:
Mycosupply and sporeworks orders had arrived! Mycosupply had a big hole in the plastic surrounding my mini straw bale. Sporeworks order was in perfect condition.

Where on earth were those damn quart inoculation rye jars from mycopath, though!? I quickly sent two PM's an email, and left a message on the phone number provided by their website. Two days later, nothing.

Also, I had an inquiry about a month ago regarding out of stock items. I never got a response to that either. HMMM. Time for a little more research.

After typing in "Mycopath" on this website. The search results were pretty dismal. Many people complained about slow orders, orders getting mixed up, lack of customer service; and always the representative of that company comes in later in the post with some sort of excuse saying they were sick, or out of town. I was really taken aback with the amount of negativity surrounding this vendor.

Now, it seems like I'm not the exception, but rather part of the norm. I propose removing this vendor from the Sponsor list, and looking for another source that offers their unique products.

Don't be another victim!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: insipidtoast]
    #12259066 -

insipidtoast said:
Where on earth were those damn quart inoculation rye jars from mycopath, though!?



From mycopath.com:

"Shipping Information

Shipping times vary. Due to your order being custom made, pasteurized or sterilized manure or grain products
may require an additional 7-14 business days to process."

:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: stonesun]
    #12259114 -

Quote:
:shrug:



That's what I say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: insipidtoast]
    #12259152 -

What I'm trying to say is that if the shipping time
normally takes (let's say) 7 days, and your custom grain
order takes an ADDITIONAL 7-14 BUSINESS days then why
would you think he ripped you off?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: insipidtoast]
    #12261044 -

Quote:
Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?!



No your not giving them enough time to fill your order and get it to you.




tc


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: Roadkill]
    #12261233 -

ok, I'll take your word for it. What's the deal with the no-communication thing though?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: insipidtoast]
    #12264012 -

I just ordered from them as well. I ordered something that requires no preparation other than putting it in the box and mailing it.

I ordered on the 17th and so far they haven't shipped it yet. I sent an email their way a few days ago to attempt to get a tracking number or some kind of communication going.

Will update when I hear from them.

Edit: The order was well on it's way at the time of this post.

Edited by EdgeChaos (03/29/10 12:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #12265115 -

The whole thing seems pretty dubious to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: insipidtoast]
    #12267108 -

Nothing is dubious, I am taking care of your orders.

If you have any questions PM or e-mail me, I have responded to all of my e-mails.


-Graham


--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #12267193 -

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: insipidtoast]
    #12267382 -

I didn't think there was an issue. But I would have started to worry if we got into next week with no tracking info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #12278111 -

Received my order today and I am nothing but satisfied.

Thanks Graham!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! *DELETED* [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #12286982 -

Post deleted by deformedreality

Reason for deletion: .


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: deformedreality]
    #12289231 -

You buy sterile grain through the mail?


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: Doc_T]
    #12299417 -

Doc_T said:
You buy sterile grain through the mail?



....epic.


--------------------




[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I getting ripped off by this sponsor?! [Re: TheBandit]
    #12311406 -

So It has been one week since all the jars were inoculated. The results: all the home-made jars with birdseed show great signs of mycelial growth whereas the rye grain jars bought from mycopath show absolutely NO GROWTH!

They did seem a little dry upon receiving the shipment, but I read some posts that made it sound like this was normal.

What's up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MycoPath Spire 767 6 12/30/06 08:35 PM
by Spire
* Shroomery Sponsor List HSIHd 3,934 5 12/09/06 09:15 AM
by Roadkill
* mycopath
( 1 2 all )
sunkiing 3,320 21 06/06/08 03:19 PM
by Roadkill
* Mycopath: 6 month problem now *fixed* Thanks!
( 1 2 all )
MarioTrip 4,261 37 08/16/08 12:16 PM
by Roadkill
* mycopath.com time2 1,702 8 09/02/06 08:21 PM
by geokills
* Sporeworks: Eight Year Anniversary Sale - 20%-off Storewide*
( 1 2 all )
psilocyberV 6,885 29 10/20/06 05:24 AM
by Babo911
* WHY the diff? Horse poo from mycosupply vs tennstud reddisert 2,315 4 04/12/07 08:23 AM
by Lana
* MycoPath.com - Your new source for Mycology Supplies and Substrates
( 1 2 all )
Cryogenicz 8,158 25 09/21/06 09:33 PM
by mushnoon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, motaman
1,361 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.