Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
My coworker snitched on me and got me fired
    #12048158 -

A couple weeks ago a customer left $13 at the register so I pocketed it. They didn't come back looking for it so I just kept it :shrug:

Yesterday my boss sits me down and has a talk with me. "Someone" reported this to him and I'm losing my fucking job over this. I know who this "someone" is because he's the only one I told about this :shakefist:

What to do?

***EDIT: MORE INFORMATION***

I rung the customer up and he paid for his stuff with cash. I gave him his change (which was less than 13 dollars) and walked away from the register while he proceeded to put the money back in his wallet and get his shit together before leaving the store. After a few moments I noticed he left the money sitting on the register, but it was already too late to catch him and give it back.

I pocketed it and had he come back for it I would have totally given it back to him.

Edited by noticeofeviction (02/18/10 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048174 -

noticeofeviction said:
A couple weeks ago a customer left $13 at the register so I pocketed it. They didn't come back looking for it so I just kept it :shrug:

Yesterday my boss sits me down and has a talk with me. "Someone" reported this to him and I'm losing my fucking job over this. I know who this "someone" is because he's the only one I told about this :shakefist:

What to do?



Rip their head off


--------------------

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think we should cut all the social parasites from their welfare checks. Then they will either find a means to support themselves or starve to death, either of wich is good for the economy and society.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

"Islam in a man is worse then rabies in a dog"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048187 -

two words: banana hammock


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048189 -

That's some weak sauce.  What were you supposed to do, turn it in to the company/police?  Hunt down the person who left it?

I don't understand why some people have to be so by-the-book for the pettiest little things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: SbstratAlchemist]
    #12048204 -

im kinda in the middle on this one. Im a manager where i work, so if i were to know about that and i didnt say something, i could potentially get fired. so when its my ass on the line, or yours, i think you know whos side id be on. So in the end, you should have just kept it to yourself and not told anyone, loose lips sink ships as they say.


--------------------
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride. :fearandloathing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: SbstratAlchemist]
    #12048207 -

SbstratAlchemist said:
That's some weak sauce.  What were you supposed to do, turn it in to the company/police?  Hunt down the person who left it?

I don't understand why some people have to be so by-the-book for the pettiest little things.



well if there is policy is place and if he didnt follow procedure then i agree with the boss
but if there is no procedure then its anybodys money who was there
and also u shouldnt tell any1 about things that mite get u in trouble
:coaster:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: SbstratAlchemist]
    #12048212 -

If you noticed it while the customer was around you should have given it back. If the customer was long gone, finders keepers I say. This is exactly why NOBODY I work with knows I smoke tasty nugs mmmmmmm....


--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

-William Blake

"Out here, in the perimeter, there are no stars. Out here, we as stone, IMMACULATE"

-James Douglas Morrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048235 -

LOL @ your name being notice of eviction.

irony.

sucks getting sacked though.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (02/17/10 05:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048257 -

Learn your lesson and don't loose another job the same way. If you are tasked with handling money you can't *ever* pocket it no matter what the circumstances. If I was your boss, how do I know you don't pocket a buck or two now and then and pass it off as change that was counted wrong? I don't, so you can't work for me anymore. Sucks, but you need to take your job, esp. a job handling cash, very seriously.

That said it sucks you got narced on. That's not cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: Psy Baba]
    #12048260 -

.


--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Edited by Prisoner#1 (02/17/10 06:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: phreakod98]
    #12048336 -

phreakod98 said:
you should have just kept it to yourself and not told anyone, loose lips sink ships as they say.



:werd:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: evildee125]
    #12048367 -

I would have fired you. How does the boss know that you don't miscount money and do this on a regular basis? There is no way I could just assume this was the only time you have done this and that you had no intentions of doing it again. Don't pocket customer's money. How the hell did you even think that it would be ok? They weren't coming back for it? How do you know that? It wasn't yours so don't take it. Your boss had to fire you. It shows dishonesty in your character to your boss even if you were not being completely dishonest. At that point I'm sure he didn't know what to believe anyways so he took the safe route and canned you. Sucks but really you should have known not to do that. That is exactly how to get fired even if it wasn't exactly harmful at all.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: Kada]
    #12048412 -

In a situation like that....I would have held the money till I got off shift.
If no one came to me and asked me about the money before I left the store.....:ohwell:

The OP fucked up by telling someone


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048427 -

plant drugs on the snitch


report back


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12048453 -

somehow without it coming from you give snitch poppy seed muffins or any pastry with lots of poppy seeds then report to boss snitch has been using drugs he gets drug tested then he gets fired

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12048469 -

i remember a co-worker finding a 100 dollar bill on the ground at a burger joint i worked at. He gave it to the manager, but he was cool. At the end of the day no one claimed it. So he split five ways with the front staff. Just depends on the peeps you work with...if they're tight ass punks, yeah gotta keep shit on the DL.


--------------------
                                                                                 

Nixon was a asshole. Just look at his biggest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the DEA.

Which secretly stands for Demonizing Everyone by Allegations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: BlindSypher]
    #12048495 -

BlindSypher said:
somehow without it coming from you give snitch poppy seed muffins or any pastry with lots of poppy seeds then report to boss snitch has been using drugs he gets drug tested then he gets fired



They raised the cutoff. That doesn't happen anymore.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048594 -

Sucks a coworker snitched on you, that's basically how I lost my job. People are willing to do anything to guarantee job security these days. That is the only gain I could imagine coming from snitching

Being terminated makes it harder to find a new job as well....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12048608 -

noticeofeviction said:
What to do?



take it like a man, this is your penalty for dishonesty

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My coworker snitched on me and got me fired [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12048620 -

its actually a penalty for running his mouth :smirk:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Got FIred Today
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomerSharp 2,887 41 08/07/08 04:45 PM
by FurrowedBrow
* I think I just got a woman fired...
( 1 2 all )
alakona 2,600 20 06/20/05 06:26 PM
by Krishna
* Definition of a SNITCH! Pr0_X 1,002 5 10/20/07 12:03 AM
by LayYouIn
* I got someone fired at work. (for abusing animals) and am afraid.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 8,879 81 10/22/05 07:47 PM
by Dreamer987
* I got fired today
( 1 2 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,253 26 07/04/07 10:41 PM
by magikgrl
* I just got fucking fired!!! Quoiyaien 1,104 19 12/15/07 04:42 PM
by Quoiyaien
* breaking news: my girl is a snitch
( 1 2 3 4 all )
rawtoxic 8,350 68 05/03/23 08:56 AM
by Northerner
* Snitching
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RandalFlagg 8,527 75 06/15/23 01:25 PM
by durian_2008

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,365 topic views. 4 members, 200 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.