Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Greetings from sunny Africa
    #12028499 -

Just wanted to use my virgin post to say hi to all you fellow fungi fanatics out there.  I've been visiting this BB as an anonymous outsider for a number of weeks now and have just decided to register my presence here.  I can't get over the amount of information, which I've already started absorbing at quite a pace.  Always cool to expand horizons, etc. I'm virtually a noob when it comes to animated avatars, forum speak, etc. so I've got a lot to learn. I hope my stay here is lots of fun. Keep it real peeps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028509 -

Welcome!

What country are you in/from?


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028543 -

Ooh, Africa.  I was born in Cape Town myself.  Where are you?


Welcome to the Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Lion]
    #12028560 -

Hi Lion. I'm from South Africa. Was born here and its where I've spent most of my young years growing up. Also lived in the UK for a few years. Are most of the folk on here in the USA? Have never been there, but am really keen to visit one day in the not too distant future. I'm into plants and nature big time, trained as a horticulturist and botanist for 7 years so maybe I'll be of some use to people here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028564 -

Where in South Africa? :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: BothHands]
    #12028565 -

Hola! Now get OUT while you can... :kong:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12028584 -

alreet dude, can you harvest me some iboga? i think it grows in south africa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: BothHands]
    #12028596 -

Haha no way BothHands, same here.  The kingsbury hospital back in '83 to be more precise. Do you still live there? Its good to know I'm not the only Capetonian here! :smile:
I live in a tiny village called Barrydale in the Klein Karoo, South Africa's equivalent of the Mojave Desert lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12028619 -

Are you refering to my country or the Shroomery community? Haha can't be that bad surely? :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: druqs]
    #12028671 -

Hey, can't say I've ever seen any Iboga around where I live, its far too hot and dry here. Think you'll have more luck up in the moister eastern regions of SA like KwaZulu Natal or something. I have a really good source of a plant called Sceletium tortuosum (kanna) on the other hand and its legal here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028695 -

Bitis arietans said:
Are you refering to my country or the Shroomery community? Haha can't be that bad surely? :wink:



The shroomery of course...it's the most addictive site on the webz...


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028710 -

Bitis arietans said:
Hey, can't say I've ever seen any Iboga around where I live, its far too hot and dry here. Think you'll have more luck up in the moister eastern regions of SA like KwaZulu Natal or something. I have a really good source of a plant called Sceletium tortuosum (kanna) on the other hand and its legal here!




wow just looked kanna up, never heard of it before, sounds awesome!

what about khat ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12028734 -

Shweet bru I can certainly dig that! I think I'm an internet junkie, but I did manage to get rid of the facebook addiction though so it could be worse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: druqs]
    #12028761 -

Ah Khat (Catha edulis), I know it as Bushman's Tea, ja that occurs widely throughout SA. Haven't tried it myself, but its supposed to be good stuff, though there are some reports about possible liver damage associated with its sustained usage. Lovely plant to grow nonetheless. I :heart: my entheogens and psychotropics!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028776 -

Bitis arietans said:
Hi Lion. I'm from South Africa. Was born here and its where I've spent most of my young years growing up. Also lived in the UK for a few years. Are most of the folk on here in the USA? Have never been there, but am really keen to visit one day in the not too distant future. I'm into plants and nature big time, trained as a horticulturist and botanist for 7 years so maybe I'll be of some use to people here.



wow dude, thats awesome! i live in hawaii and work on and off as a farm hand helping grow tomatoes, bananas, mangos, papayas, etc.. welcome to the forums, have a good time, there is quite a wealth of info and the pub can get addicting when you have free time :hehehe:

do you surf at all? i hear south africa has killer surf


--------------------
-_-_-_-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028790 -

yeah u.k its still legal for some reason, might give it a go, somewhere between coffee and cocaine i hear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028810 -

welcome!

nice to have someone else from the southern hemisphere enjoying the summer (I'm from Argentina) while most guys here are freezing their asses :cool:

:sun:


--------------------

                                                      psilohuasca is da wae
                                                                gnome sayin'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: themostpurple]
    #12028892 -

Hawaii!  Ah man that's so cool, funnily enough I was actually seriously considering a move to Hawaii only recently. Not permanently, but just so I could get some experience living and working in the States.  I think I got hooked after watching Lost lol. Visiting a tropical island chain like Hawaii has always been high up on my agenda of things to do and I hear agriculture and horticulture are big industry over there. Would you by any chance know how easy it is to move to Hawaii as a foreigner? I'm guessing its quite a process!
I've been surfing a couple of times, not enough to regard myself as a true surfer, but I did enjoy it a lot. I live half an hours drive from the nearest beach so I don't really visit the sea that often. Been to Dungeons, Hout Bay in Cape Town and Jeffrey's Bay up the east coast. Two places you must see if you're a fan of surfing and you come to SA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: Bitis arietans]
    #12028925 -

Bitis arietans said:
Hawaii!  Ah man that's so cool, funnily enough I was actually seriously considering a move to Hawaii only recently. Not permanently, but just so I could get some experience living and working in the States.  I think I got hooked after watching Lost lol. Visiting a tropical island chain like Hawaii has always been high up on my agenda of things to do and I hear agriculture and horticulture are big industry over there. Would you by any chance know how easy it is to move to Hawaii as a foreigner? I'm guessing its quite a process!
I've been surfing a couple of times, not enough to regard myself as a true surfer, but I did enjoy it a lot. I live half an hours drive from the nearest beach so I don't really visit the sea that often. Been to Dungeons, Hout Bay in Cape Town and Jeffrey's Bay up the east coast. Two places you must see if you're a fan of surfing and you come to SA.



nice! dungeons is crazy and jeffreys bay is epic...but as far as moving here my friend, its quite the process. the cost of living here is pretty damn high and the jobs dont pay very well. a one bedroom apartment/studio probably will run you 700 or so a month round' minimum. im blessed enuff to be attending school and living with my mother at the moment :shrug:
but if you know your shit and you're looking to start a small/medium farming operation an island like kauai or the big island would be the place for you.


--------------------
-_-_-_-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Greetings from sunny Africa [Re: druqs]
    #12028935 -

Ja it is supposed to have one hell of a stimulant kick! The Somali and Ethiopian street vendors sell it in baskets in front of their stalls. It looks very tempting at first, but then you see the crazed look in their eyes which can be quite off putting, scary stuff man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shroomery vs Apollyphelion (Judge Whiskey Clone--Shroomery Wide Participation Welcome!)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Apollyphelion 7,562 119 01/15/09 05:41 PM
by Apollyphelion
* Princess Apollyphelion's Kindly Court
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Apollyphelion 5,006 61 01/02/09 07:14 AM
by Apollyphelion
* Whats the difference between Apollyphelion? AsanteM 882 14 06/29/09 07:30 AM
by Apollyphelion
* for Apollyphelion (the best rube goldber i´ve ever seen) Simisu 1,171 13 05/01/09 06:32 AM
by Apollyphelion
* apollyphelion's b-day autobiography, as retold by me & a fuckin heroic KFC bucket of TASTY MUSHROOMS ChairmanMeow 2,151 12 08/09/09 02:58 PM
by Senor_Doobie
* What are your thoughts/ Impressions of Africa? Getafixx 1,772 15 09/13/09 05:42 PM
by Prisoner#1
* just received some african scam email.
( 1 2 all )
Artnotwar 5,139 32 04/27/09 01:14 PM
by Brugman
* South Africa anti-rape condom aims to stop attacks Deadmaker 2,079 10 08/31/05 08:53 PM
by Mitchnast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,831 topic views. 5 members, 16 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.