Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: Artnotwar]
    #9102907 - 10/20/08 04:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

send him a virus in the email
someone here must surely know how to script one or pass one along

one that will delete his hardrive would be good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWaxing Gibbous
Stranger Than Most

Loc: WY UK
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: Gumby]
    #9102916 - 10/20/08 04:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can't believe people even fall for those scams.

I especially like it when they are from fake Ministers in Africa who have the worst grammar you could imagine.

God bless 'em.

That website is hilarious btw:grin:

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: filthee]
    #9102946 - 10/20/08 05:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

fuck yeah, i could send him an attachment and hope he is dumb enough to beleive that it contains all of the info he wanted.
if someone could help me out with one that would be fuckin funny.
then when he opens it, have a picture of some scat open up and a big message saying PWNED!!!!

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

OfflineSmittysPawnShop
Ole Hipster
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep South
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: Artnotwar]
    #9103158 - 10/20/08 08:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

the other option here is to send him an ex girlfriends credentials, but only if you have a ex you really despise........... im sorry im jsut reflecting now. fuckin bitches!

--------------------
I belive that both Heaven and Hell exist on this earth. Our gift as humans is that we get to decide which realm we live in.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: four20snakeman]
    #9103427 - 10/20/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well I signed up for a scambaiting gmail account.  I've had fun with this once before but that was straight through phone call.  The guy told me I would get to receive a huge check  on TV if I paid $150 to him.  The amount kept changing every time he called me. :lol: 

Time to waste some Nigerian mugu time in my free time.  :hehehe:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: Newbie]
    #9103487 - 10/20/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Holy crap it's 2 hours later and after signing a few BS guestbooks online I ALREADY have a taker!

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: Newbie]
    #9103499 - 10/20/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

man i spent like 4 hours on that site last night after reading about it.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlinejackfree
Stranger
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #9258928 - 11/17/08 08:56 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys.. guess what..

I'm been stupid enough to believe this bastard alasan..

It was my first time to be sent such messages , and he actually made be believe that the transaction could be real.. of course till he asked for money which i would never send that easily..

anyway, the amazing thing is, he sent me the same exact messages he sent you intense_cutn.. it's like he doesn't even bother writing new ones.. he just send a million copies to a million victims..

anyway.. I received his first message and told him that i think it's all a fruad and wanted him to explain, so he said:

Quote:

Dear Friend.

Well i thank you for your respond,i have been wondering why i have not received your mail for some time now although this opportunity pleases  people that knows that such opportunity do occur,so i believe that the good God who gave me the opportunity will still find a reliable person that will be honest to me,although i have a vision in your country,but that should not be a mandatory that you will be the one to assist me,so i want you to reason very well and read the details very well so that you can have a better understanding of the transaction,

This is never a fraud as you said,i work with the same bank,i can not give you my contact information's with out knowing you very well because of my own personal security,i am still working with the bank,but i will send every data's about myself as soon as i receive your details information's,that is if you think you can handle this transaction with me,every thing about this transaction will be successful because i study it very well before contacting you if this transaction is what you are thinking i don't think if i will involve my self,because i am a matured man with children,so i can not involve my self in any thing that can tarnish my image.so be  restassured that what i am telling you is the truth.

Regards

and then he sent me that message asking for personal information..

the one he sent you. and so i was stupid enough to give my name a phone number and occupation ( a med student).. and that's when he started calling me son :S

they his reply was:

Quote:

Dear Friend.

Now that i have your details information's,i have accepted to handle this transaction with you,please make sure that you will not betray me when this money gets to you.i am going to use mine to investment in your country. i am your insider so do not worry of anything it is 100% risk free.
Urgently fill the application bellow and submit to the bank.Don't worry about anything i am your insider in this transaction.the most important thing is meeting up the bank requirements which i am here to provide for you as soon as the bank demands,every information about the customer is intact with me so do not worry
about anything,just follow up my instructions,and make sure you forward to me any mail that you will receive from bank so that i will go through it and advice you on what to do before you get back to them,

please do not let the bank know that i am the person giving you information's about the customer.below is the text of application that you have to fill and apply to our bank immediately. as soon as you send the application to bank you  get me informe so that i will monitor it in our bank. bellow is the application letter, fill it and submitt to our bank address bellow.

DIRECTOR FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA (BOA)
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO
E-mail: (baofafricans@hotmail.fr) 
        (baofafricans@consultant.com)     

Sir,
I am..............................................introducing myself as the next of kin to late MR.
ANDREAS SCHRANNER who was one of your customers and my
relation who died together with his family in a ghastly plane crash  friday december 26,2004) leaving behind the
contract sum of US$10m your bank (BOA).Having introduced my person to this bank, I therefore
advice and instruct (BOA) to affect the release of inheritance fund of MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER  valued at
US$10M with account number 2637578-2341. Into the below stated bank Details as it is long over due for
payment.
Beneficiary...........................................
Your age.............................................
Your
work...............................................
Telephone...........................................
Fax ..................................................
Bank name.......................................
Bank Address......................................
Account No.......................................
Tele No............................................
Fax No..............................................
Telex No............................................

I shall appreciate your prompt attention to this
application as I solemnly promise to abide by all your
protocol and transactional requirements.
Yours Sincerely,
Name.

and then we exchanged a lot of messages in the past few 4 days..

his replies were the following:

Quote:

My son,

i appreciate your questions is giving me joy because i have know the type of person you are through your questions i have confidence that  you can handle this fund with care before my arrival to your country.if you know that your fathers account number will be alright then you go ahead and fill the application with it,hence you don't have a fax number you just include your phone number,any name that the account will bear that is the name you will put as the beneficiary,the bank most not know that i am the person giving you information's about this transaction because i am still working with the bank,and the fund belongs to one of our late customer who died along with all his family during their vacation.i mean you should assure me of been honest to me,you have to be fast please because we don't have time,i want this money to be in your account before the bank auditing that is fast approaching.

Regards

and this one here was hilarious, I called his and he wanted to speak about his stupid transaction.. but i couldn't understand a thing from his stupid accent and his twisted voice.. so I said, well.. send me a message or we can chat on a messenger program 'cause i don't understand what you say.. so her replied:

Quote:

My son,

I want you to know that i am not too conversant with internet,i only use in my office,i don't have time to know about charting (he means chatting, the dumb) ,because of my work,i close from office 6pm then my getting home is just to have my rest against the next day.i am out side now just because of you in regards to this transaction.so am sorry i don't know about charting but i will make out time to know that.as soon as you send the application to the bank you call me immediately.

Regards

and then there was these:

Quote:

My son

There is never a time i will think bad concerning your questions,it is basic that you will ask questions so that you will have a better understanding.i told you that this fund have been in this bank as a dormant account which will defiantly transfer into the central bank treasure if know body comes for the claim.i got this opportunity when i was give the audit manager to this very bank,i contacted you because my daughter got your contact through her earnest search,after the entire family have prayed for this very transaction.your profession as a medical student that is what is enticing me about you,because i believe that with you i can have a good investment in your country,building of hospitals or interior decoration,or even olive oil factory.

My coming to your country will be immediately you receive this money in your account,really this fund is not for me but i want to utilize the opportunity to improve the educational background of my children and also prepare myself for my retirement.i told you that i have study this transaction very well before contacting you,if this transaction will not be successful i can not involve myself because i can not do any thing that will tarnish my image and also make me loss my benefit.you are coming in as the next of kin to this very customer in regards to his partnership in business.that is why i am your insider to give you all the vital information's that the bank will need as soon as the bank receives your application letter.

I knows that it will be very difficult for your family to believe because they don't have banking experience.most of the billionaires in the society scaled through this type of opportunity,even our leader here in Africa do transfer money to peoples account abroad,i am trying to utilize this opportunity because the economic situation here in Africa is too poor,can you believe that i have worked with the bank for 23 years now but still i don't have a house of my own,i stay in bank quoter's,all just because my salary as a bank can not be sufficient for me to take care of my family not to talk of other things.i never want to let you know all this but i am seeing maturity in you through the questions you ask.i appreciate that so much keep it up and i promise you that very soon you will shine.

I don't know if i can have the privilege to talk with your family on phone so that i will tell them the way they can understand,you are free to give them my phone number so that they can call me at any time,i will be happy to receive their call because i knows that i am honest.so boy do not think any thing negative,the transaction is 100% risk free and truth.very soon you will be seeing the reality from your communications with the bank.

Please you have to be fast.

Regards.
-----------------------------------

Dear Friend.

Now that you have sent the application to the bank i want you be conscious of this advice,the bank investigation unit might try to investigate you by sending similar proposals to you just to know what will be your respond.please you don't need to respond to any mail like that,instead you forward it to me.if you keep to this advice and make this transaction  a top secret our security will be solid and very soon this money will be in your account.

I am your insider in this transaction and i work with the same bank so i have seen the success of this very transaction before contacting you,so please be serious and follow up my instructions,i want you to forward every mail that you will receive from the bank to me hence forth so that i will advice you on what to do before getting back to them.Do not let that bank know that i am the one giving you informations about the transaction.

Regards.
--------------------------

My Son,

Thanks for keeping to my instructions,you don't need to be worried on how to get the bank convinced because i am your insider and i work with the same bank,so all the bank will demand from you concerning the late customer is intact with me and i will be given them to you as soon as the bank demands.your name does not matter because your file in the bank states business partner so do not worry i am monitoring this transaction secretly on your behalf.there was a meeting today in the bank concerning this transfer and i was sent to the central bank to submit the list of every inheritance fund about to transfer, of which your file is included.so be rest assured by next week this money should be in your account.all i am pleading to you is to remain faithful to me and keep to my instructions.About my daughter,i already sent her a massage concerning your request so she will email you or call you as soon as she comes back from school because she is a burden student.

Thank and God bless you.

Regards.

and this one here was after his (supposed) bank sent me the message asking for money, his wanted 525euros, but the idiot wrote them 225 when he sent this message:

Quote:

My son.

I thank God for the success of this transaction so far.i have told you not to have any negative thought about this transaction,i used the name of God to tell you the reality of this very transaction before we commerce.every thing about this transaction is legal and 100% truth.at my age i dont think if i can use the name of God in vain,so be rest assured that very soon this money will be in your account,then your family will all honour you because you are a destiny child that is why such opputunity came to you.

This requested money from bank is not what will make you think that there is problem,my son we dont have any problem yet,i could have paid this money immedaitley but because of getting the answers that the bank demand about the late customer that also will require some money to get them,that will be the only reason why i will need your assistance, so i want you to help me with 225euro so that i will look for the rest and also i am going to spend money in getting the answers too.i am a family man i have children and i have spent very big amount of money for the sake of this very transaction ever before i contacted you.this money is the only thing that i want you to do for the succsess of this transaction,as soon as this money gets to your account i will autorize you to withdraw you 225euro before we can share the rest according to percentage.

Please this is the only thing delying for now so we dont need to delay so that the bank will not surspect this transaction.so read this mail and get back to me now so that i will know what to do.

Regards.

after this message and his bank asking for the money, i know it was probably all a scam.. but i didn't wanna scare him off.. so i was gently with him.. I sent him this message:

Quote:

Listen,

I'm starting to think that the was a con just like i though it was..

the e-mail address baofafricans@hotmail.fr  does NOT belong to the bank..

the bank e-mail is information@boaburkinafaso.com

and seriously, how could a bank a big and esteemed as a the Bank of Africa have an e-mail address on hotmail.fr and not on it's own huge website.

I think you ( or someone you're doing this con with , ORISON PAUL MBAH ) have made this e-mail on hotmail baofafricans@hotmail.fr and you haven't even got it right, it's BOA and bao like what you wrote in the mail.

That was a smart move however.. and this whole thing was to make me belive that the bank actually wants me to send them 525 Euros for processing the application form, whereas the money will be actually transferred to Mr. Orison Paul who has nothing to do with the bank.

Anyway, this is all just speculations from me, and i might be wrong.

I will be waiting for you to explain to me if you think i'm wrong.

and If you don't reply, I will contact the bank itself and tell them about everything you've been doing to me, I'm sure if you actually work in the bank and looking for a good retirement and a repulation, and wouldn't want the bank to know about this.

Regards.

his reply was:

Quote:

Listen to me do not isulte me for any reason.Bank of Africa is never personal, its a universal bank that compromises with many email addresses, don't you know that each department has an email contact?, i though you are wise why are you talking as if you have not been to school before, please this is still early if you knows that you can not then tell me now so that i will use your information's that is already with the bank for somebody else who will assist me honestly.i will only Chang your account number and use every other information's.if that is your decision then authorize me so that i will continue,and i promise to compensate you for you past effort as soon as i am through with the transaction.How can you call a man like me a liar,is never your fault get back to me now.

and my reply was:
Quote:

Dear Friend..

So far i have believed you, and i respect you for your ago and for your commitment to this transaction.. and I apologize for thinking that you lied to me.

But please understand, I need proof of what you say, I need to know if the e-mail address of the bank belongs to the bank. Anyone can make that e-mail of the hotmail website. so why should i believe that it is for the bank and an indiviual? The only thing that would make me believe that is that i could see the mail you sent me of the official bank website.

I also need to know that Mr.Alasan if Mr. Orison Paul MBAH actually represents the bank?
can you show me his name of the official website of the bank?

Please understand, sending 525 euros is a hard thing for me, we're not that rich family, and this is not a decision i can make by my self, i need all my family to belive that you're honest with me, and to do so, i need to give them proff.. please understand.

as for what to do now, I need you to allow me to contact the bank as someone asking for some information (and not as myself), and let me ask them about the e-mail address you gave me, and about MR, Orison Paul.

if they confirm the information, I will send them the 525euros immediately, and if not, I can not do that, unfortunately. I will certainly not give the bank when contacting them for that information any personal information about my self. I will give them a false name and a false e-mail address.

Please forgive me Mr. Alasan if I insulted you, I didn't mean to, and please understand that I am commited to the transaction very much.. I just need to be completely sure that i'm doing the right thing. and i need more than your word for that. Please understad.

waiting for your reply.
Regards.

He replied:
Quote:

Son

You are free to inquire from the bank concerning the bank address and also the name as you said,the only thing you will not do is telling the bank about my involvement in this transaction i told you that every thing that i am doing in this transaction is secret,so have that in mind,secondly remember that time is very important so do your inquiries soon and get back to me if you are satisfied,please if you can not be fast enough then authorize me as i said in my previous email.

I have tried my best to assure you the reality of this transactions but you are still in doubt,this opportunity is not most that you will be the person that will assist me,is a thing of choice,i cant force you.so if you think that this transaction is not real then forget about it and authorize me to use your information's as i said.i will defiantly compensate you because you are just like a son to me and i can not do any thing that will tarnish your studies because i have a son that i am praying to be a medical student just like you,that is exactly why i am trying my best to make this claim.

Regards.

.. and fially, I sent him the following 2 messages:

Quote:

Mr Alasan,

I just sent the bank a message and asked them about their e-mail address. I gave them an e-mail totally not related to jackfree44 and i gave them a false name. so, hopefully, they wouldn't suspect anything.

one more thing Mr. Alasan,
I told my father about everything you said, and that the bank wants 525 euros (he's the one who'll be paying them) but he suggested something..

he said: if you trust this man, then he should trust you as well, and there is 525 euros to pay... so ask him to send you to your account half of them.. and you pay the other half.

so, I think that's the only way i could do it, can you send me half of the 525 euros to my bank account.. so that I add the other half and send it to the bank?

another thing: I would like to ask you a few question some of which are personal, and please answer all of them.

1- did you actually know the late Mr. Andreas Schranner?

2- do you know Mr. Orison Paul? and what's his occupation in the bank.

3- you seem like a religious man, what's your religion Mr. Alasan?

4- you said you had children, how many, and what's their ages?

5- and finally, you live in Ouagadougou and your native language is French, is that right?

you told me I will be contacted by your daughter who will tell me how she got my e-mail. I'm still waiting. I also asked you to remind me of the actualt amount of money that will be transfered and the percentages for each of us.

I'm sure you don't wanna give any personal information, and doing do would make our relationship better and will increase the trust between us. you can feel free to ask me any personal information.

Regards.
------------------------------------------

Listen to me Mr. Alasan, and listen to me very carefully..

I still believe of the possiblity that you are telling the truth about this transaction..

but after I read these articles and this warning in the website of the bank of africa, i'm not so sure anymore.

please read the following and tell me what you think:

As many other banks, our corporate name "BANK OF AFRICA" is used from time to time by ill-intentioned people in the search of partner who can help them transfer so-called important funds, precious values or in the payment of commercial transactions.  (this was written in the website of BOA, the link is:
http://www.bank-of-africa.net/419fraud.php)
------------------

check this webpage:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/386986/bank_of_africa_bank_boaouagadougou_.html

and you know what, the comment i liked the most is:

FROM THE DESK OF MR.MOHAMED KABORE AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING SECTION OF BANK OF AFRICA (BOA). OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO WEST AFRICA Dear Friend, I am Mr.Mohamed Kabore the director in charge of auditing and accounting section of Bank of Africa (BOA) Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso West-Africa with due respect and regard. I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction. During our investigation and auditing in this bank, my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to our deceased customer who died with his entire family in a plane crash. The fund has been dormant in his account with this Bank without any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery to this development. For more information about the crash you can visit this site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm The said amount was U.S $12.5M (T

and this one:

Mohnik! That was a great post. I like how they use CNN's article to try and scam a person. If they can take the time to make up these scams, I don't know why they can't take the time to get money legally.

--------------------------------------

Now that you have read this, do you still believe that you can get me to send this 525 Euros to the bank (or shall i say, to you)?

these articles make the possibility of your transaction being true less than 1%.

however, there is this small possibility that you are telling the truth about the transaction..
unfortunately, I can't know for sure.

if you can explain to me why i should still believe that you're real and were not trying to scam me, i'm all ears. if not, and you actually work for the bank, I would like to contact the bank for that matter if you don't mind.

please don't be insulted, 'cause right now, i'm not the one insulted.

waiting for your reply.

Today, I received his reply to these messages which was:

Quote:

Son

Let me tell you what you don't understand,if this fund is not real you can not see all those things.this fund have been in this bank,and many junior staff knows about it but have no good asses to claim the fund,and that was exactly why i was give instruction to indicate the beneficiary to this very fund which i finally discovered that there is no body stated as the next of kin to the very fund before i contacted you.i assure you of this fund because i am in collaboration with the late customers lawyer and he is the person feeding me up secretly with the information's about the late customer,there have been many trails in this bank to claim this very fund but it wasn't easy because they don't have the rightful information's.

The late customers lawyer have to travel to Germany to get most of the information's about his client because he is a German citizen,all this was done before i got your contact,so this time is not the time for me to be pleading to you for your assistance because i knows about the transaction too well and i have already seen the success before i got your contact.i never want you to send money for me but to the bank,while i will be sending my sister in law to the bank to make the remaining payment on your behalf,which i will defiantly give you the information's to send to the bank before i will send her.you don't have money and i myself have so many expenditures to make in regards to his information's,so sending to you and resending down to Africa will make the money not complete because of the sending tax that will be involved.but if that is not OK by you, then authorize me as i have said so that i will use your information's,but surly i must compensate you for your effort so far.i can not be using the name of God in vain,for what is not relevant.

Regards.

and sent him this message: (titled: Damn you):
Quote:

I'm sorry to have written so much guys, it's just that's i'm really pissed off at this bastard, and i want him to see this, I gave him the link, and i want him to be humiliated knowing how despised and sick he is.

I have his phone number if any of you wanna call him or give him a message. or if you have any way of hurting him through his phone number.

Offlineisaacein
exp(ix) = cosx + isinx

Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: jackfree]
    #9259027 - 11/17/08 09:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
Formula: 0

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: jackfree]
    #9259036 - 11/17/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jackfree said:
i want him to see this, I gave him the link, and i want him to be humiliated knowing how despised and sick he is.

You gave him the link to this thread, where he now has all of our usernames in it?  :nonono:

OfflineBrownThumb
Versed in sterility
 User Gallery

Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: Gumby]
    #10242662 - 04/27/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

check out Scam Baiters as well.

They've got great suggestions for how to string these guys along and FUCK them.

One guy invested 6 months stringing a scammer along.  They interviewed him on NPR.  He eventually got the scammer to spend all his money to travel to a different African country to pick up the non-existant money.  Apparently the scammer was broke and stuck in some place that was very dangerous to be, with no way to get home.

I wish no mercy upon him.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: BrownThumb]
    #10242697 - 04/27/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I just talked on the phone to one of these scammers.  He's wondering when I'm going to wire him his money, and I'm like, eh, I'm busy right now, I'll do it in three hours.  I can guarantee that in three hours I'll be busy again.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: just received some african scam email. [Re: AJ4U]
    #10242727 - 04/27/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Haha I remember reading a scambait on that site a long time ago, where he sent the scammer a laptop, but it was just folded carboard with keys drawn on with a marker, it was fucking funny.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom