Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers
    #11950408 -



Peggy-O has to be one of my favorites.


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950431 -

Yup, thanks for that! :gd_icon: :bongload:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950435 -

Shady Grove


--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Mchaggis]
    #11950462 -

don't get me wrong, I love shady grove.  But Jerry makes me wanna cry with Peggy-O


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950604 -

i still miss Jerry


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950727 -

You gotta love Tangled Up in Blue and Twist of Fate
Also Louis Collins, Jack a Roe, Little Sadie... all that stuff.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950752 -

Good stuff!  I was just listening to Garcia and Grisman's Not For Kids Only today.  It has a lot of those old songs on there.


--------------------
Above all things the flights and sublime ecstasies of the soul cannot submit to the statements of any church or any creed.
- Walt Whitman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950785 -

goin down the road aint to shabby either.



--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Pancakes]
    #11950814 -

Another favorite



--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Great Scott]
    #11950842 -

oh don't forget The Thrill is Gone, I'm Troubled, Midnight Moonlight, Two Soldiers, Off to Sea Once More...

They're all beautiful


Oh and this isn't much of a folk/traditional but I really love Jerry's rendition of Sitting Here In Limbo



Midnight Moonlight


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Pancakes]
    #11950861 -

Pancakes said:
Good stuff!  I was just listening to Garcia and Grisman's Not For Kids Only today.  It has a lot of those old songs on there.



ahh, :laugh:  Hot Corn Cold Corn is a goodie


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: danielx]
    #11950862 -

Rosalee McFall, To Lay Me Down, Comes A Time, Drifting Too Far From Shore, Long Black Veil, I Shall Be Released... too many good ones  with so many groups to name them all but I'd say Peggy-O and Morning Dew are my top two favorite Jerry Ballads.

That version OP posted is a real good one from a real shaky period.  I also really dig the one from Nassau 1980 and Duke University 1977


--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11950878 -

Cracka_X said:
Pancakes said:
Good stuff!  I was just listening to Garcia and Grisman's Not For Kids Only today.  It has a lot of those old songs on there.



ahh, :laugh:  Hot Corn Cold Corn is a goodie



Horse Named Bill, JENNY JENKINS, Ain't no Bugs one me

Forgot another JGB great, Sitting in Limbo!


--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: publicenemy1]
    #11950948 -

Two words.
Stella  Blue :thumbup:


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: publicenemy1]
    #11950952 -

along with Drifting too far, you've got Amazing grace & Swing low sweet chariot !


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: publicenemy1]
    #11950965 -

how sweet it is to be loved by you. jgb :heart:



--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11951110 -

oh shit yeah :laugh:
midnight moonlight and rosa lee mcfall!!
there really are too many to name

again, not traditional covers, but Run for the Roses and some of the stuff off his solo albums

this is a fun one, somewhat of a rarity i suppose
here it is with John Kahn at the Oregon State Prison
cash style   :bow2:



--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11951299 -

Cracka_X said:
oh don't forget The Thrill is Gone, I'm Troubled, Midnight Moonlight, Two Soldiers, Off to Sea Once More...

They're all beautiful


Oh and this isn't much of a folk/traditional but I really love Jerry's rendition of Sitting Here In Limbo



Midnight Moonlight



:awesome:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: Cracka_X]
    #11951314 -

i honestly cant stand the dead in general, but can listen to his folk/traditional/bluegrass/etc. material and actually enjoy it.


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:

This much we do know: the vagina is a dark and scary place, filled with strange creatures and Mormons.

bathtub shitters unite!

Fraggin said:
I dont wanna site ban.
I'm just tired of looking at dead babies and cripple sex.

ALABAMSLIM BURNS POPTARTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jerry Garcia's folk/traditional songs/covers [Re: danielx]
    #11951974 -

I still miss Jerry. Loved catching the JGB between tours. Some really good picks in this thread. Thanks for the memories.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jerry Garcia interview Ripple 1,023 2 06/21/03 05:24 PM
by tomatoes
* Ken Kesey and Jerry Garcia Mp3's *DELETED* LearyfanS 2,393 13 07/20/03 10:23 AM
by kindkesey
* Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show zandorf 1,346 6 05/12/03 05:37 PM
by zandorf
* Jerry Garcia autopsy doll - I think that's fucking sick!!!
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 4,899 31 05/08/04 07:47 PM
by Ripple
* When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 2,880 23 12/07/03 07:44 AM
by OldSpice
* Jerry Garcia -Fillmore acid test interview from 1-8-66 (mp3) LearyfanS 2,549 16 01/16/04 10:09 AM
by Learyfan
* The Art of Jerry Garcia kosmic_charlie 1,790 14 05/01/03 12:17 PM
by Ripple
* My Jerry Garcia Memorial Page! *DELETED* Demon 535 2 07/12/03 09:32 PM
by Fungushungry

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,701 topic views. 6 members, 12 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.