Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
No Rothbury this summer
    #11879862 -

OMR just informed me and then it popped up from them on Facebook. :sad:
http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

Now I gotta figure out what fest to go to this summer.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: jewunit]
    #11879945 -

Don't go to any, just buy a few sheets/ vials and dose the fuck up at home


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #11879962 -

I know it sounds stereotypical but I could really give a fuck about the drugs at fests.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #11879963 -

im good with that had fun last time


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: notapillow]
    #11879976 -

That sounds anti-stereotypical


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: notapillow]
    #11879990 -

boooooo!!!

was really looking forward to this.

guess i am DEFINITELY going to bonnaroo....maybe all good too....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: yogabunny]
    #11880162 -

All good is pretty awsome...

anyone going to Wanee down in Florida on the April 16th weekend?

The Allman Brothers Band and Widespread Panic will perform Friday and Saturday night of the Festival.

Gov't Mule; Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band; Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman, & Jay Lane are Scaring the Childern; Stephen Stills; The Black Keys; Dr. John; Hot Tuna Electric; 7 Walkers featuring Bill Kreutzmann & Papa Mali; JJ Grey and Mofro; Johnny Winter; George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic; The Funky Meters; The Wailers; Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings; North Mississippi Allstars; A Family Affair with Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk (performing Sly & The Family Stone); Jaimoe's Jasssz Band Chuck Leavell with The Randall Bramblett Band; Particle; Oteil and Kofi Burbridge with the Lee Boys; Col. Bruce Hampton; Devon Allman's Honeytribe; Scrapomatic; Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio and Bonobos Convergence.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: Ryan07]
    #11880214 -

Very sad about Rothbury.

Wanee looks like a fantastic lineup.

Anyone in the northwest?  Nateva, a new festival in Oxford Maine, is creating a lot of buzz.  No lineup yet but there are whispers of Furthur being booked.

http://www8.sunjournal.com/content/rummackp010710


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #11880243 -

you god damn hippies ruined it

:angrykidface:


--------------------


BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH


A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: Ryan07]
    #11880263 -

No, but I don't recognize any of those bands you just posted. Can you recommend me some goods ones? I will be attending Austin City Limits later in the year, but other than that I hadn't made any plans to go to other festies. I might change my mind later though and end up going. Personally I don't agree with paying 300 bucks for Bonnaroo.

Peace


--------------------
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that, an unjust law is no law at all.” -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Seek not abroad, turn back into thyself, for in the inner man dwells the truth." -- St. Augustine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: urbanwolf]
    #11880372 -

why not?

$300 for 4 days of music seems pretty reasonable to me.

i managed to see 36 bands last year that's like less than $10 a show if you look at it that way.....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: yogabunny]
    #11880410 -

Not sure if I will make a mid summer fest this year. The best way to close out the festie season for me is moe.down. Last year was amazing and im hoping this year will be even better. That does suck about Rothbury though, would have tried to get to that.


--------------------
I am a faker. Pretending along.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #11880431 -

kosmic_charlie said:
Very sad about Rothbury.

Wanee looks like a fantastic lineup.

Anyone in the northwest?  Nateva, a new festival in Oxford Maine, is creating a lot of buzz.  No lineup yet but there are whispers of Furthur being booked.

http://www8.sunjournal.com/content/rummackp010710




thank you kind sir

but I doubt further as they only hope for 8,000 people to show up and the permit is for 14,999

but that would be sick


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: yogabunny]
    #11880458 -

yogabunny said:
why not?

$300 for 4 days of music seems pretty reasonable to me.

i managed to see 36 bands last year that's like less than $10 a show if you look at it that way.....



Okay, but what about all the money spent on gas mileage, food, luxury items, and supplies? Plus I still have to drive back! It just isn't within my economic opportunities. Especially if I still plan on attending local events, and Burning Man.


--------------------
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that, an unjust law is no law at all.” -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Seek not abroad, turn back into thyself, for in the inner man dwells the truth." -- St. Augustine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: urbanwolf]
    #11880478 -

urbanwolf said:
yogabunny said:
why not?

$300 for 4 days of music seems pretty reasonable to me.

i managed to see 36 bands last year that's like less than $10 a show if you look at it that way.....



Okay, but what about all the money spent on gas mileage, food, luxury items, and supplies? Plus I still have to drive back! It just isn't within my economic opportunities. Especially if I still plan on attending local events, and Burning Man.




You could always sell food/liquor/home made items...

Just a thought :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: Ryan07]
    #11880517 -

Ryan07 said:
urbanwolf said:
yogabunny said:
why not?

$300 for 4 days of music seems pretty reasonable to me.

i managed to see 36 bands last year that's like less than $10 a show if you look at it that way.....



Okay, but what about all the money spent on gas mileage, food, luxury items, and supplies? Plus I still have to drive back! It just isn't within my economic opportunities. Especially if I still plan on attending local events, and Burning Man.




You could always sell food/liquor/home made items...

Just a thought :smile:



You know it's funny. After I posted I thought the same thing. I'm diving into a lot of hobbies now that the year has started. So, this might very well be my option. Haha.

How about yourself, sell anything at festivals? What sells well? (Besides the drugs.)


--------------------
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that, an unjust law is no law at all.” -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Seek not abroad, turn back into thyself, for in the inner man dwells the truth." -- St. Augustine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: urbanwolf]
    #11880529 -

luxury items?

yes, all told, i spent about $700 last year.

i'd like to scale that back CONSIDERABLY this go round.  hoping to find people road tripping down instead of flying in and out of atlanta then driving....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: urbanwolf]
    #11880541 -

jello shots grill cheeses any kind of liquor

I make some kind of weird drink like vodka soaked cherries or some thing


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: jewunit]
    #11880591 -

I'm going to burning man :shrug:  :psychsplit:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: No Rothbury this summer [Re: Istigkeit]
    #11880593 -

Wanee looks awesome.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* best festy line up this year [rothbury]
( 1 2 3 all )
cappincrunk 2,711 40 03/31/08 12:06 PM
by Atheist
* Coachella lineup announced (weak)
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,346 41 01/30/09 07:23 PM
by learningtofly
* Rothbury 09
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
CaptainKirk 15,927 303 07/16/09 05:28 PM
by TheOrganic
* sts9 summer tour dates CaptainKirk 2,699 18 04/04/08 08:44 AM
by DiabloSmurf
* Some good gatherings/festivals in the NE this summer? Delyrium 1,828 15 05/30/03 01:30 PM
by Anonymous
* Lollapalooza Lineup gizagaza 1,660 19 04/07/08 08:35 PM
by circularvortex
* summer festivals
( 1 2 all )
Hendostan 3,844 26 03/19/07 02:32 PM
by deadheadjpc2000
* Bonnaroo LIneup Announced at 12am EST - It FUCKING SUCKS!
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 6,630 50 02/06/08 05:54 PM
by JonnyOnTheSpot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,297 topic views. 4 members, 30 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.