Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE!
    #11778026 -

I was just driving down a main street in my city and I noticed a long line of oil in the middle of the lane that lead straight back to my parking spot.

Does anyone know how much trouble I could get in for this?

I'm going to go get things looked at right now, I think I know where it's coming from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: LayYouIn]
    #11778044 -

fucking too right everywhere, you're paying to clean my carpet!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: druqs]
    #11778134 -

i dont think it will be that big of a problem to fix. Leaks are usualy pretty inexpensive to fix. change your coolant also if you haven't done that. Trust me

i got a 01 cherokee and I have never changed my coolant, not once:facepalm: and im paying for it now. It sucks living  in Ohio in the dead of winter with no heat in the car!! so i have to sped some time flushing out my system and get some new coolant in there. the coolant that is in there now looks like mud. it's clogged up my whole system, learned my lesson.:shrug:


but i love jeeps man, they are the shit. very reliale (if you take care of them). they're so fun in the winter time. while everyone is spinning their dumbass civics in the snow, im just plowing through big ass snow banks. four wheel drive FTW.. Jeeps FTW:thumbup::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: subiedude]
    #11778158 -

My grandmother has an 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, & the radiator goes out it seems like once a year , never fails... last year it did, she got it replaced with a brand new one, & it just did it again couple weeks ago, & she got it replaced BRAND new again , is there something with jeeps that tear up the radiators? or sumthin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: GoodTimez101]
    #11778208 -

its probably either your oil pan, oil filter, or vavle cover gasket

can you tell where the oil is coming from? like top bottom side?


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: LayYouIn]
    #11778239 -

did you forget to put the dipstick or oil cap back on again? :gethigh:


--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: thePatient]
    #11778535 -

thePatient said:
did you forget to put the dipstick or oil cap back on again? :gethigh:




ive done the whole oil cap thing once or twice I admit it


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: fee]
    #11784448 -

fee said:
its probably either your oil pan, oil filter, or vavle cover gasket

can you tell where the oil is coming from? like top bottom side?




you fail to realize there's also a front and rear seal as well as oil
pressure sending unit, distributor hole and other choice spots for leaks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11784928 -

Prisoner#1 said:
fee said:
its probably either your oil pan, oil filter, or vavle cover gasket

can you tell where the oil is coming from? like top bottom side?




you fail to realize there's also a front and rear seal as well as oil
pressure sending unit, distributor hole and other choice spots for leaks




yes I know but the easiest and most common are those and if it was his rear main seal it wouldnt be pouring oil on the ground it would be pouring it in his tranny


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: fee]
    #11785038 -

fee said:
Prisoner#1 said:
fee said:
its probably either your oil pan, oil filter, or vavle cover gasket

can you tell where the oil is coming from? like top bottom side?




you fail to realize there's also a front and rear seal as well as oil
pressure sending unit, distributor hole and other choice spots for leaks




yes I know but the easiest and most common are those and if it was his rear main seal it wouldnt be pouring oil on the ground it would be pouring it in his tranny



nope... it would hit the ground, there's no passage that would allow
engine oil to go from the engine to the transmission and at least 4
inches between the oil galleries of the engine and transmission

the rear seal on most engines is in the bearing cap, it would allow oil
out to the flywheel/flex plate  and it could be slung onto the
inside of the bell housing, that's about it though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: fee]
    #11785087 -

fee said:
Prisoner#1 said:
fee said:
its probably either your oil pan, oil filter, or vavle cover gasket

can you tell where the oil is coming from? like top bottom side?




you fail to realize there's also a front and rear seal as well as oil
pressure sending unit, distributor hole and other choice spots for leaks




yes I know but the easiest and most common are those and if it was his rear main seal it wouldnt be pouring oil on the ground it would be pouring it in his tranny



The rear main seal went out in my Trooper a few years ago and it was dripping oil onto the ground. When we pulled the trans to replace the clutch and flywheel, oil was all over the back of the flywheel but there wasn't any on the inside of the bellhousing.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #11785195 -

I thought where the fly wheel and clutch is was sealed off in all vehicles
learn some thing new


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: fee]
    #11785353 -

It is, by the rear main seal...


Leaking rear main seal. Flywheel bolts on here.

And the input shaft seal on the trans.

But if it's just a sender leaking that's no big deal. Way cheaper/easier to fix.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Jeep is leaking oil EVERYWHERE! [Re: fee]
    #11785980 -

fee said:
I thought where the fly wheel and clutch is was sealed off in all vehicles
learn some thing new



The clutch disc is covered by the pressure plate, which bolts onto the fly wheel. None of it is really sealed off by anything, except for maybe the bell housing, but even that has a big hole at the bottom for the clutch fork.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* .
( 1 2 3 4 ... 146 147 )
AnonymousRabbit 108,177 2,928 03/19/11 10:36 PM
by DeadHearts
* Oil prices top $92 a barrel
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 2,562 26 10/27/07 03:09 AM
by zorbman
* oil burner pump problem....any kind of bonding that adheres to oil tainted surfaces? DeadPhan 247 1 02/28/10 05:42 PM
by argg
* How much DID that oil tanker have???
( 1 2 3 all )
Neuron 2,713 45 06/27/10 10:29 PM
by Gumby
* April 20th Oil Rig Explosion Foreshadowed In The Movie "Knowing?" x Ju x 2,568 19 05/17/10 10:50 AM
by nismo2491
* Why did that oil rig explode?
( 1 2 3 all )
sparks8 7,115 49 05/20/10 12:45 AM
by WakeboardrB
* Hurricane season and the Gulf oil spill LearyfanS 1,010 6 06/17/10 01:15 PM
by Arcanum
* Top kill' method 'stops BP oil leak' in Gulf of Mexico fapjack 502 2 05/27/10 10:45 AM
by trekie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,353 topic views. 5 members, 283 guests and 206 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.