Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
im nocturnal wtf?!
    #11673362 -

havent been a good sleeper since childhood. Ive always just liked the time alone and privacy of the night. so with or w/o drugs...im always up til sunrise??

it just takes a long time for me to get naturally tired enough to sleep...insomnia is a bitch.

are there nocturnal humans??? :tongue: im not sure if im being serious or not...

Quote:
Nocturnal humans? This is the first I'd heard about the possibility of there being such a thing as a truly nocturnal human. I started to think about it and do some research...research that states that an estimated 60 million people in the US alone suffer from severe hyposomnia and/or give in to a nocturnal schedule dictated by their internal processes. It started making sense. Whether we believe in evolution or not it is proven that all species adapt to their needs because if those needs are not met the species suffers, and once upon a time the human species required some people to be up all night to guard the helpless sleepers and, eventually, to tend campfires and such as well. Nocturnals would have to be able to function efficiently on very little sleep in societies where all members had to work together at some point such as in the case of nomadic tribes who had to move frequently...a fascinating explanation for how I can feel so good on so little sleep. Thinking about it today there is still a huge need for nocturnal people...police must be on duty all night, there are some jobs best done at night when crowds and the heat of the day are not in the way, and so on. Unfortunately these overnight jobs are often not filled by true nocturnals, possibly because so many people don't know they exist or there just aren't any available or...who knows? It is interesting to note, though, that a true nocturnal could have a job that keeps them out all night, come home and sleep soundly for five hours and be ready to do housework and play with the kids.




--------------------

Edited by nowwhoutthink (12/18/09 05:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11673373 -

Yep, I got the same problem man, My sleeping patterns get fucked up every month or two, I'll be wakeing up at a good healthy time in the morning, then I stay up till 12 instead of 11 one night and the next thing I know i am up till 10am and waking up at 4 in the after noon,

Just got up at 5am, I am recovering from the last stint of nocturnia, its nice to see the sun rise and not be at the end of your day:thumbup:


--------------------
If i knew the way i would take you home

"I wasnt talking to you fool, read the fucking post.  I dont need your stupid link, I know how to smoke crack"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: box of rain]
    #11673380 -

I've tried for months to go to bed @ 11 pm or midnight but I always stay up until sunrise. If I try to sleep I literally can not until I see the sun & I typically sleep 6 hours in the summer and 12 in the winter. As a child I always took the best naps during the day when I think about it.

I don't want to admit to being nocturnal though :frown: I love the sunshine so much...


--------------------
SHROOMS MAKE YOU GAY
~
Crystal G said:
  its cuzzzzzz i giiiiiive a meeeeean blooooowjjjobbbb.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: box of rain]
    #11673383 -

welcome to the club, man. there a few of us insomnacs on here. you should become a raver:raver:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: Salomon]
    #11673404 -

I have insomnia since my 13 years old, my doctor have been giving me pills for 2 years but it never worked like it should, untill i started to smoke hash/weed ... I've stoped tooking the pills, and never had problems with that.

Now i smoke always 1 joint before going to bed and i sleep rly well, when i am out of hash, i stay like 3 or 4 hours in the bed without sleeping :x

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: kln]
    #11673408 -

shit...i need some temazepam and a drink to get a few hours of sleep..

there are the nights where i just sleep nice and comfortably. otherwise i toss and turn..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11673409 -

Id consider myself a nocturnal.

No matter how much I try to fight it it is what I revert to.

Never been able to find a job where I could work overnight though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: Salomon]
    #11673410 -

O I rave, just by myself in the safety of my own home, Imagine the kind of damage a beefy 6'2 guy like me can do if a freak out on a trip, haha, I preffer to do things on my own time


--------------------
If i knew the way i would take you home

"I wasnt talking to you fool, read the fucking post.  I dont need your stupid link, I know how to smoke crack"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11673413 -

Always been a nocturnal. Nighttime is the right-time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11673474 -

I totally prefer the nighttime over the daytime. Earth is so much more peaceful at night. It almost feels like you have the entire planet all to yourself. Nighttime is also more exciting in my opinion. Our planet becomes an entirely different world as soon as the sun goes down.



--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: NlightNd1]
    #11673539 -

I've been sleeping from 3pm to 10 pm all week long. until last night when I took a bunch of melatonin at 9pm when I couldn't stay awake any longer and was about to  pass out because I had been awake for 23 hours. today I woke up at 8am fully rested and I think now I'm back on schedule :grin:


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11673920 -

<<<< 'nocturnal' has been my description since i joined.

if left to my own devices without the interference of school/work schedule, i will always revert to being nocturnal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11674133 -

First off.. love the Avatar! The Royal Tenenbaums rock.. secondly I have become nocturnal since I got my first WOW toon...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: im nocturnal wtf?! [Re: CaffeinatedKat]
    #11675520 -

:cool:thanks ck/

i havent slept in well over 24 hours. gonna be an early night i think for me..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tripping preference....Daytime or Nighttime? DeadPhan 1,507 14 04/01/05 11:25 AM
by gdman
* Nocturnal Lineup released! look at this shit! fuck yeah
( 1 2 3 all )
40oz 4,878 44 07/29/05 08:53 AM
by CherryBom
* Wtf?
( 1 2 all )
cvegasgo 791 21 11/08/08 01:02 PM
by Juke Adro
* *~WTF~*~WTF~*~WTF~*
( 1 2 all )
SoDak_Stranger 4,603 28 08/21/04 01:28 PM
by SoDak_Stranger
* lol wtf that was so trippy
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 2,227 22 07/28/08 04:51 AM
by Coaster
* OMG WTF LOL HELLAS TUESDAY LNC OMG WTF POST HERE WIF ME
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
HELLA_TIGHT 16,663 265 12/10/13 10:09 PM
by thoughts
* WTF is up with These Canadians?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Maverick 5,988 62 07/03/08 05:42 PM
by Chemy
* WTF Dude? Wierdest shit ever.
( 1 2 all )
Hitman203 2,434 25 02/28/07 09:53 AM
by Mike_yy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,058 topic views. 5 members, 22 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.